Stranded TB PLease HELP

iNokia

Can't help out with the TB lift, sadly, but I have two geocoins languishing in the Klerksdorp Cache that would be mighty grateful for a pick-up and drop elsewhere. Any kind Gauteng or North-West or Free State geocachers heading that way soon? :unsure:

Edited by Goofster

Haven't checked what the detour would be, but I am heading to from Gauteng to Bloemfontein and back on Sunday 26 May, if these haven't moved by then I will collect and drop off in Gauteng somewhere.

So you not comming to Bigger and Better 2007 ?? :unsure:

Warthog thanks for your offer. Should you or any one else be able to make the trip please use the following details. Waypoint GC12DJZ, Co ordinates S 23° 06.545 E 031° 26.165 and the clue is (Look under large rock).

Thanking anyone who can help

Regards

iNokia

Sorry to have caused aconfusion here, I commented on Goofster's request for a visit to Klerksdorp. Shingwedzi may be a better one for the MP cachers. My next visit to KNP will only be in September 2007.

So you not comming to Bigger and Better 2007 ??

That's correct.

Need help in colecting a stranded TB in Shingwedzi Kruger Park. Anyone going that way that would not mind helping?

I was in that area the day before you posted this, even did the Pafuri Picnic cache. Wish i could have helped you out. Does the cache not exist anymore ? i looked on google earth but it does not show a cache in Shingwedzi, i would have done it for sure if it did, why does it not show up ?

I had planned on setting this cache up, it's all set up and ready to go. But after submitting all the details I have realised that I would not be able to maintain this one as I live 1200km away. If anyone one in the area is willing to take over the cache the more than welcome to do so.

I have called in the help of cachers Fish Eagle, Guineafowl and GPS Storm to maintain my caches placed in KNP and surrounding Mpumalanga area. Try one of them, if they can't help I am sure they can suggest someone closer to the cache area.

Sadly my TB (Lost Granny) is still stranded in an archived cache <_<. Any one going to KNP?, or do you know anyone going that way I would really appreciate the help.

We'll be going past Shengwedzi in June (not staying there, but driving past around 16-17 June) and will get it if we can. If we do get it, would you like it put in another cache nearby or taken back to the US and placed here? If someone else gets it in the meantime, would you please post a note to this thread so we don't look for it if it's already gone?

A cache close by would be great. Lost Granny's mision is to get back home to (East London, South Africa).

Thanks for the help. Please note that Shinwedzi is not listed on the site as a cache and the information above should be used to find it.

:cry: Our travel bug, Peter the Penguin, has been in the Nylsvley View cache (GCWY78) since September 2006. If anyone is going anywhere near by, we would really appreciate it if you could move the poor bird on! :)

I'm also pleading for some help to move this poor bird. I've placed him there when it was a new cache - thought the geocachers would all run for this one in the Nylsvlei reserve, but it seems not to be so popular. It is in Limpopo, so anybody with a race TB that needs to go to Limpopo, this is a chance!

Can't help out with the TB lift, sadly, but I have two geocoins languishing in the Klerksdorp Cache that would be mighty grateful for a pick-up and drop elsewhere. Any kind Gauteng or North-West or Free State geocachers heading that way soon? :D

Hi Goofster,

We are heading that way this weekend. Will try and swing by the cache and pick up your 2 Geocoins if they are still there.

Another appeal for help!!!

Our TB No2 (Pool ball) has been stranded in GCPWE6 Words don't come easy since October last year. It's a multi, and it appears that one of the waypoints has gone missing - we're hoping that the final cache (and our TB) is still intact. We have tried contacting the cache owner without reaction, and now appeal (pretty pleeez) to anyone who has done this cache, and either lives nearby or is passing by to rescue our TB before this cache gets archived because it's not being maintained.

Guineafowl - regarding the stranded TB in Nylsvlei. We will probably be visiting Bela-Bela within a month or two to visit all the caches hidden for the recent event. If nothing has happened by then, we'll make a detour and pick it up.

Shingwedzi - we've already been in contact with iNokia by email. Sadly we can't help - haven't been to Shingwedzi for 25+ years, and no plans of going there either (unless someone hides a bunch of caches up there, of course!). It's about 350 kms by road from Nelspruit, which means at least 2 nights stay-over in the park. There are two new cachers in Polokwane who might be able to help - "hennieventer" and "retnev" - might be worth dropping them a line.

Can't help out with the TB lift, sadly, but I have two geocoins languishing in the Klerksdorp Cache that would be mighty grateful for a pick-up and drop elsewhere. Any kind Gauteng or North-West or Free State geocachers heading that way soon? :P

Hi Goofster,

We are heading that way this weekend. Will try and swing by the cache and pick up your 2 Geocoins if they are still there.

Triptrick, I'd be much obliged if you manage to retrieve the coins. I'm beginning to think I'll have to swing by there some time and collect them myself! :o

Triptrick: a big, big thank you for picking up the coins. I owe you one!

Goofster,

Pleasure, The Klerksdorp Cache is actually a very pleasant area. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for the Mission Assignment. Caching with a purpose adds a new spin on things... Cant let the side down you know.

I will place them this weekend somewhere. Maybe in different caches.

Thanks

I too have my first TB ever placed, CAMEO the Chameleon stuck in West Pools since March 29th 2007. All he ever wanted was to move around from cache to cache... :unsure:

If anyone is going to Mountain Santuary Park in the next few weeks, to stay over or do the caches in this great area, please get him for me. I will only be going back there Mid December at this stage.

Sadly my TB (Lost Granny) is still stranded in an archived cache <_<. Any one going to KNP?, or do you know anyone going that way I would really appreciate the help.

:unsure: Lost Granny still LOST

Yah! :o Lost Granny is final on the move. A big thanks to the Grinch & Gremlin on picking her up.