Things that remind you of coins

Kealia

5/13/08 Yellowstone National Park :) My mom and grandma got really tired of me yelling "STOP, Buffalo!" so I could take pictures. It's not like I haven't seen Buffalo around here but YNP is the only place where they roam free and that was very exciting for me. I've also been to YNP but never saw the Buffalo before. I whipped out my Tatanka Pejula coin and showed my grandma. I'll not bore you with all my Tatanka pictures but here are 2, one has some baby Tatankas :)

YNPTatanka.jpg

YNPTatanka3.jpg

tpsf.JPG

5/13/08 Yellowstone National Park :D My mom and grandma got really tired of me yelling "STOP, Buffalo!" so I could take pictures. It's not like I haven't seen Buffalo around here but YNP is the only place where they roam free and that was very exciting for me. I've also been to YNP but never saw the Buffalo before. I whipped out my Tatanka Pejula coin and showed my grandma. I'll not bore you with all my Tatanka pictures but here are 2, one has some baby Tatankas :D

YNPTatanka.jpg

YNPTatanka3.jpg

tpsf.JPG

In Saskatchewan where i was raised, we have a National Park and they had a herd of buffalo in a significant fenced area. About 7 years ago, they decided to set them free. The herd has grown a lot since then and they come to my uncles' farm once in a while to 'wreak havoc' with his herd. It's hard to stop a rutting buffalo :D

To keep this on topic...we just got our Australia visa sticker put into our passports and it has the Australian coat of arms on it...that emu reminds me of my 2008 Australia coin.

:D I've got to start carrying my camera with me. As I parked in a parking lot, there in front of me was a vehicle that had those " Tennessee Jed" type of bears going across the rear window :D - You now, there is another person who uses a green one of those bears for their avatar :D

Yesterday while on the way to go caching, we stopped at a red light behind a car that had some stickers on it. I immediately thought to myself "where have I seen that design before..? Is it the new earth turtles..no.... OH YEAH, it's the Mauison coins!" Now that I'm home and can compare, they don't look exactly alike, but there is still a strange resemblance:

2538918390_874eacca75.jpg

2538918384_dc51816406.jpg

Yesterday I had to pull into a hospital visitor parking lot. I pulled out the bill to put into the machine and it gave me change in coins. As I saw the coins falling out the chute, I instantly thought of the Lowracer coin because of the head on them!! I was a bit disoriented for a moment wondering why my change was in geocoins. I'm not completely sure why that happened but maybe because like Avroair I have been thinking of the cost of things in terms of geocoins so of course the change was in geocoins!! :rolleyes:

Yesterday I had to pull into a hospital visitor parking lot. I pulled out the bill to put into the machine and it gave me change in coins. As I saw the coins falling out the chute, I instantly thought of the Lowracer coin because of the head on them!! I was a bit disoriented for a moment wondering why my change was in geocoins. I'm not completely sure why that happened but maybe because like Avroair I have been thinking of the cost of things in terms of geocoins so of course the change was in geocoins!! :rolleyes:

Now That would be a costly endeavour But oooo so nice, wouldn't it :wub:

On my way back from my caching adventures today, I again stopped at a red light behind a car with a sticker reminding me of a geocoin! I knew immediately which coin it was - the (very cool) Labyrinth coin:

2544064912_8c420849aa.jpg

28b30ed1-a9c8-4848-ab3f-02109d9fe74f.jpg

BTW it was the bottom sticker that reminded me of the coin :)

Edited by wwflover13

Sort of embarassing...but for the last 3 days I have been hooked on Indiana Jones lego Nintendo DS game ever since it came out on Tuesday...

Whoever said Indiana Jones would've been a geocacher was right! You search in the game for treasure/bricks/etc. and along the way pick up lego studs which I think look amazingly like shiney geocoins.

That may explain why I am so hooked on the game :)

944571_20080509_thumb001.jpg

944571_20080509_thumb010.jpg

When I was recently at the Space Needle, this emblem was found set into the backs of the pay binoculars on the viewing level. It instantly reminded my of the lapel pins from my high school (The Sunset Falcons) and the moose on the Swedish Moose coins. I think it will be a great basis for adding an element to a coin in the future.

a0af7f03-7725-4dcd-b738-49274d6ff691.jpg

On my way back from my caching adventures today, I again stopped at a red light behind a car with a sticker reminding me of a geocoin! I knew immediately which coin it was - the (very cool) Labyrinth coin:

2544064912_8c420849aa.jpg

28b30ed1-a9c8-4848-ab3f-02109d9fe74f.jpg

BTW it was the bottom sticker that reminded me of the coin :D

????? Do I see Greek writing on the coin??? Labyrinth coin??? Even eureka is Greek! WOW! Who made this??? A Greek geocacher? Oh!!!! That's a greek interest geocoin!!!!

WOW!!

I've been meaning to post to this thread but I never had my camera with me to take the following photo. We eat lunch at this local park about once a week and the first time I saw this object, I thought, that looks like a geocoin!

TS.jpg

Skirtliftergeocoins.jpg

Team Skirtlifter geocoins (photo courtesy of AtlantaGal)

I had a great dream last night. I was hiking somewhere exotic and I saw a GIANT Leatherback Turtle (climbing a tree for some reason?) and I started snapping pictures thinking "this is so cool" and "im so going to post these pictures in the things that remind you of coins thread; he looks just like a 2008 Earth Turtle!"

I wish that really happened :D instead i got to go to work today.

Thanks for digging this thread up aka momster! I've been wanting to post these for a while but can never figure out how to search for old threads...

RoadTripQueensland181-2-1.jpg

Some beautiful 'Whale Trails'....

RoadTripQueensland183-1.jpg

These were taken during our whale watching at Hervey Bay, Queensland. They are humpback whales that stop at Hervey Bay for a 'vacation' during migration season. Apparently they love it here :lol::anicute:

that is what I thought when I saw them this morning! :laughing: a replica coin like these would be awesome! ...Then my wife reminded me that I think everything looks good as a coin... she just doesn't get it! :laughing: lol

did you know that each one has it's own unique wavy shape? I thought that was awesome too... it makes each medal unique. :)

that is what I thought when I saw them this morning! :ph34r: a replica coin like these would be awesome! ...Then my wife reminded me that I think everything looks good as a coin... she just doesn't get it! :laughing: lol

did you know that each one has it's own unique wavy shape? I thought that was awesome too... it makes each medal unique. :)

even among the other designers and artists there are critics who either like this unique design or dislike it, calling this a "potato chip" design...lol...i like something different and originality in a coin. kudos to the designer for thinking outside the round box! :laughing:

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

they are lovely!!! I like it when artists are going out of the box and have more freedom to create..... amazing medals and of course I would love to have one, but this can happen only in my dreams!

Are they made from Gold silver and copper or not??? They are so heavy!!! WOW!!

Some old olympic games medals were made of real gold, and silver... I do not know if they stop this!

they are lovely!!! I like it when artists are going out of the box and have more freedom to create..... amazing medals and of course I would love to have one, but this can happen only in my dreams! Are they made from Gold silver and copper or not??? They are so heavy!!! WOW!! Some old olympic games medals were made of real gold, and silver... I do not know if they stop this!

there seems to be different numbers on the required minimum thickness and diameter of the medal, but this is the information i found online about olympic medals:

Olympic Solid Gold Medals

The last Olympic gold medals that were made entirely out of solid gold were awarded in 1912.

Modern Olympic Medals

The Olympic medals are designed especially for each individual Olympic Games by the host city's organizing committee. Each medal must be at least three millimeters thick (some say 6mm now) and 60 millimeters in diameter (some say 70mm now). Also, the gold and silver Olympic medals must be made out of 92.5 percent silver, with the gold medal plated in six grams of 24K gold. Bronze medals are usually zinc or copper and plated in a bronze color finish.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager