Cachemate and T|X

Finally upgraded to my fourth Palm a month ago. My old T|T would import, search for nearest cache and rebuild the list slowly but steadily. The T|X is much much faster... but keeps stopping and restarting.. for example, it will be importing record 456/1000, stutter and then carry on. Slow down.. speed up..you get the idea. Occasionally it would simply freeze, and only a reset would fix. More common when rebuilding a ache list while performing a new "nearest cache" search.

With an increased number of caches (3,000) this is even worse, stuttering is bad, and more often crashes.

Any others have any similar experiences?

I'm guessing it's do with Palm's new memory management system. Using 3rd party apps to flush the memory cache or increasing dynamic memory doesn't help. I have 50Mb RAM free. Same problem is seen after a warm reset.

Hmmm. Not sure. I also use cachemate on a TX, but I only have about 525 caches on it, and it is blazing when searching for nearest. I've got a few more pocket queries in mind that I need to run which will bring the total up to 2,000 or so shortly. I'll keep an eye on it's speed as I get more info in it's database

Have you posted any thing on the Cachemate site?

There is a General Help and Bug Report area on their message board. Maybe you've hit a limit for the number of caches. I can't say I've ever had that that many caches loaded at once. The most I have ever had was 2000 or so.

Do you have all 3800 caches loaded into one category? I have multiple categories setup in my cachemate file, that may also make a difference...

Well, uploaded a bunch of caches to cachemate last night. My database has about 2,200 entries, all of which I have included all the info and the 10 most recent logs. I did a search for nearest caches using cordinates o fmy parent's house in NC, and it took maybe 1 minute or less to build the list, compute the distance, apply filters, and display the results. Nothing appeared at all what you described.

All my items are in the unfiled category, except for the 5 caches that I have in the found category, and the 1 cache that is in the not found category. Sorry I can't be of more help. I guess the only other info I can give is that the database is on the onboard memory (71MB free), and I have a 2GB card that is empty.

Yes, posted on CM site before this one. One more person described the same "stuttering" as I have seen.

Mine are all "unfound" in the same "unfound" category. I do already split off the "found" and "own" caches in separate databases.

My clean install of CM is certainly better..no freezes but it still stutters on building the list.. calculating distance is blazingly fast as I'd hope on a T|X.

Thanks for the comments.. they help and have given me a couple of ideas.