is it DNF or Still Looking

I stopped by yesterday at a puzzle cache. I did not have the right answers, but went home and worked on it some more. Today, I am sure I can find it (unfortunately not FTF).

So, as the title says, would you log a DNF or would you say you have not given up and say you are just taking a long time to find?

There would be nothing wrong with a DNF, because after all you "Did Not Find". You could include that you had the wrongs coords. DNF's are a interesting part of the game. Sometimes they are as fun or more fun than the finds. Reading them can be fun too. If it was interesting story, definitely log it. ;)

Ok, so here is my related question: This years log entry to this cache was a DNF, even though they admit not getting within 75km of the cache. The cache is 4.5lb Walleye - posted in june 2001 and still not attempted.

Should they still post a DNF?

:unsure:;):(;):anicute:

Ok, that was a definite armchair DNF.

They weren't even looking so that's a different issue than the OP's.

So nobody has really hunted that one? Dam, I wish it wasn't so far over east.

The cache is 4.5lb Walleye

Off topic question: Did the owner of that cache change their user name? Using a different account? The profile says that during their 5 years here, they had 0 finds and only this one hide. Just wondering.

Its one of the oldest caches in the province - They likely placed the cache before there were any other caches in the area. My guess is that they lost interest before anyone got around to placing another cache!

I talked to Connie&Keith - and they did manage to get ahold of the owner. He said the cache was there, but was placed plastic storage bin that likely wouldn't have survived the elements all these years. Still.. I know alot of people with dreams to go try and find this one (and probably replace it with a proper industrial strength time capsule) ;)

Take a look at how many caches are in the area though - arent that many ;)