Wheel of the Year 2007

princeshoko

UO- No pix yet, mine arent in hand yet but will be within a few days im told.

Damenace- Trade requests by pm or email. Yes gonna trade about 5 or so of the polished silver. Gonna take trade requests and then will deside how to make the trade. 25polished silver being made. No trades on AntiqueSilver.

I saw the coin listed on the site previously and then noticed it was gone last night. It's probably out of stock.

The CITO coins did the same thing when they were out of stock and then they appeared again after a second batch was ordered.

UO- No pix yet, mine arent in hand yet but will be within a few days im told.

Damenace- Trade requests by pm or email. Yes gonna trade about 5 or so of the polished silver. Gonna take trade requests and then will deside how to make the trade. 25polished silver being made. No trades on AntiqueSilver.

PM sent this morning.

Well these coins won't be shipping :P At least copywrite issues are being respected in this case. Thats a good thing ! I recieved a full refund. I hope this design is eventualy approved for this coin as per note in email.

woy

Wheel of the Year Details

It has come to our attention that the artwork used for the WOY coin is copyrighted. We value the time and talent invested by artists in their original creations and immediately suspended the sale. We proactively contacted the company which owns the copyrighted design and we are currently working with them to produce an official WOY coin based on their original artwork. At this time, all current WOY coins in stock have been destroyed as per our agreement with the artist and we will be refunding all orders with the WOY coin in them.

We apologize for the inconvinience. Please use the coupon code provided in your PayPal refund notice to get 10% off your next order or a re-order of any additional coins in your order

From updated site info link in email.. was provided a 10% discount though, will be saving if this design comes to the top once again.

Glenn

EDIT:: link at top post now states ::

These items will be in stock soon Item Name Date Expected

Wheel Of The Year (2007) 05/25/2007

Edited by glennk721

Bummer! :P I really liked this coin design!

Copyright issues? Does this mean that they used an existing artwork without the permission of the artist? This is the only valid case I can see. If they are using someone's design without permission is one thing. but the ideas from which the design was derived has got to be in the public domain.

I mean, we are talking about the Wiccan Wheel of the Year! This "calendar" and the names of the pagan holidays shown on it predate Christianity. I thought it was interesting that the description for the coin as posted in the geocoinclub store did not once reference the word "wicca".

Or,

Is this about Princeshoko's pentacle (a 5-pointed pentagram inscribed within a circle) design? This too is an ancient religious symbol and the fact is, he's already used it on a previous coin.

I followed the link given for more information, but there really is nothing more stated than already given.

I got my full refund, but I am disappointed ... :D

0R0B0RUS- You are right, there is no copyright on the design. From what ive been told the coins are not destoryed and personaly i feel im being jerked around. And it started on my birthday non the less. I will be emailing Geocoinstore for proof of destruction of these coins. And ask for the icon to be removed since I too submited that graphic.

In any event If the coins are really destoryed I will be cutting the middle man and minting these coins myself out of my own pocket so I will post when that happens. Proboly febuary 2008 with tax return so it will be a while.

I dont blame geocoinstore because they are told it had copyright issues, and they are just protecting them selves on the issue and cant really tell whats what on such matters. As long as they are destoryed its no legal matters on my end and I will drop the subject.

There are legal issue on all sides here and still think geocoinstore is a good place to buy, sell, trade from.

0R0B0RUS contact me off list i'll see about getting you a unity coin (the star) and when I make them a (Wheel of the Year) .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I too am sorry this has become an issue.

PrinceShoko