Bluechart glitch or 76 Cx

MajBach

Hi all. I recently purchased a 76 Cx and pretty much happy with it for the most part. I’ve purchased MetroGuide for Canada and I also have Navigator or whichever is the free one – I find it difficult to keep up. Anyway, I recently purchased Bluechart Americas v8.5 and I am noticing what appears to be a glitch. First thing I did was add some maps from Bluechart to my existing maps from Mapsource etc. and uploaded them into the unit. There was one particular spot I was anxious to look at, specifically CA 273097. Well that’s what the map is called when you hover the mouse over it on MapSource, but when you select it, it is called CA2202 (E) 20000 in the left column. I actually selected many maps of that region when I uploaded them. However, when I viewed them on the GPS, the northern area of the above map appeared fine - displaying all the detail like it was displayed on the PC. However, when I zoomed in with the cursor placed within that map, the display information changed-most of the detail was lost and the background went from white to blue. But this was only for the northernmost tip of that map, 95% of the map still was normal. What struck me as odd was the fact that the detail IS there as I could briefly see it as I scrolled the map or zoomed in on an adjacent one, but as soon as I got close, it went funky. When I zoom back out, that particular area remains blue, unlike it appeared before I zoomed in. Thinking it might have something to do with other maps, setting etc, I removed all POIs, waypoints and other maps so that only that one map was in the unit-no change. At no point does it look like this on the computer. Any ideas?

Also, I have a 1 gig card in the unit. Is there a way to merely add to the maps that I have previously uploaded to the GPS instead of having to download them from the unit, add a map then upload again? It’s kind of time consuming to add a 2 meg map to 600 meg worth already uploaded(40 minutes).

BTW, if anyone can tell me how to determine the revision dates of various maps, such as MetroGuide or Navigator etc. much appreciated. I would like to know how current they all are.

I think that some of your maps such as CN or metroguide have a higher priority than Bluechart. Try turning off the other maps (From the map page - MENU>SETUP MAP>MENU>HIDE CITY NAVIGATOR. Do the same for Metroguide.) I think that should now work for you. Topo Canada would have a lower priority and would be "underneath" the Bluecharts, if you have it. This is my understanding, anyways.

Unfortunately, you will have to reload all your maps if you want to add maps. You cannot just add to your current mapset.