Chav run-ins whilst caching

Lotho

I had a run-in today. Was caching with 2 friends when some chavs come up to us, saying meaningless insults and such. It was a step too far when one of them peed on me. You lot had any pleasant meetings?

Edited by Lactodorum

I had a run-in today. Was caching with 2 friends when some chavs come up to us, saying meaningless insults and such. It was a step too far when one of them peed on me. You lot had any pleasant meetings?

Gits, as i work in a hotel in a city centre overnight i meet plenty, i hope you called the feds!

Edited by Lactodorum

I think I would have initiated the sound of one hand clapping. Take one flat hand, swing it around in as much of a circle, roughly parallel to the ground, as fast as you like and watch for the reaction when its conects with the lug-hole. Failing that, carry a large wooden spoon around in your caching bag, if anybody tries to expose himself in your vicinity again whap him on the peepee dead hard. I bet you as much as you like he won't go crying to the police about it. grrrrr ;)

Yeah, there were 2 of us there at the time, the third was the other side of the park. 10-12 Of them, its a shame they didn't try it in a smaller group really, or i would of disciplined them.

Why did my post get edited? it said a non rude word for peeing and now it says peed which has the same meaning and is also not offensive..

Edited by Lotho

I sympathise, though I haven't had anyone pee on me since I was in primary school! But the insults and rudeness - I've had plenty of those kinds of encounters, whilst out caching, walking, cycling or just going to the shops and passing the gangs of chavs that hang around outside. It makes me really angry that they are so disrespectful.

I've also had run-ins with youths/men illegally motorbiking on footpaths/bridleways because I tell them off! But one of them threatened to kill my dog if he saw us again - and on another occasion a youth rode into me deliberately whilst I was on my bicycle - fortunately only my handlebars got twisted. Then there was a man in a Suzuki Jeep who nearly ran me over when I told him he should not be driving on the footpath and I refused to get out of his way; youths who insulted me when I told them off for lighting fires in a forest; and men using air rifles on public open land, who gave me some verbal abuse when I told them I was phoning the police if they didn't move on. The trouble is I can't keep my mouth shut ;) if I see people causing a danger to others or causing vandalism. But sometimes they just insult and abuse folks for no reason at all, as in your case.

Obnoxious behaviour is a hazard that can be encountered almost anywhere these days, alas; at least if we meet other geocachers on our caching trips we can be pretty sure that they won't cause us any grief, as we are all such polite, civilised people! :D

Why did my post get edited? it said a non rude word for peeing and now it says peed which has the same meaning and is also not offensive..

It's an automatic word filter.

Edit: Oops, didnt read the first post, only checked edits on second.

Edited by Edgemaster

Hmmm there's something suss about that cache - it's under a main road with no path access despite what the cache says, its only accessible from the main road. Reccy'd the area and decided against posting a DNF. I dunno, I don't mean to sling silly stuff about, but I'm not entirely comfortable with this one having visited the locale.

Given that you only logged one find yesterday, it is pretty easy to surmise which cache it was you found and thereby figure out where you were when you were urinated on. As a cacher local to the area, I know where the cache is and have reservations about the fact that it pretty much contravenes caching guidelines in that it has been placed not so much in an animal's habitat but definitely in an animal's tunnel. If cachers are in a tunnel and they are then surrounded by a mob, this could result in a pretty ugly situation. I am not arguing against tunnel caches as such B)

It's an automatic word filter.

That's Lacto you're referring to there! B):cool:

Yes, I was the word filter in this case B) !

Actually the first word you used DID cause offence and in my opinion (as forum moderator) crossed the line of acceptability on this family oriented forum. I tried to replace it with something similar so that the original sense of your post was maintained. I guess I could have replaced 3 letters with *** as newspaper editors do with that word but felt that an alternative word more appropriate.

Chav = Council housed and violent

Actually that is not the accepted etymology

Thanks for that Lacto thought I was going senile a little too quickly there! I have to use wiki to find out what my children are trying to convey to me most days! :D

Ukkie people that did that horrid thing to you ......looks like the cache site has been closed down anyway for contraveening GC.com rules so hopfully no-one else will have to go through this experience....it's gross!

Hope you are able to put this behind you and carry on caching cos it's mega man! :mad:

Was Caching on Cannock Chase once when lo and behold we came across some people tearing up the area of outstanding natural beauty in their cars. Being nowhere near as brave as some others cachers - hats off to you all - I hid behind a big rock and called the feds via 999.

It has now been 12 months and the constabulary are still too busy to come. I was able to leave my big rock as the ruffians departed.

If those policemen used their judgement that day and down-graded my 999 because they were saving children from nasty people or rescuing mugging victims or even solving a murder case then I suppose it was fair enough.

However it doesn't change the fact that wasters will ruin your fun and mine. Nothing changes another fact that they won't be there to ruin your fun when caching in other places - you have the motivation to move around and enjoy life. They are stook to their natural habitats and seldom crawl out unless the pack allows it.

I hope I bump into you caching one day and I will bring a spare set of clothing just in case.

Was Caching on Cannock Chase once when lo and behold we came across some people tearing up the area of outstanding natural beauty in their cars. Being nowhere near as brave as some others cachers - hats off to you all - I hid behind a big rock and called the feds via 999.

I'm not suggesting that what you did was wrong, but I've been on an organised off road driving event across parts of Cannock Chase with full permission from the land owners. I have no idea what sort of "tearing up" was going on that you witnessed, but there will be circumstances when there are people legitimately using green lanes and the like.

Isn't someone urinating on you classified as assault these days? If you were brave enough to save the ruined clothing you could if the Feds were good get them to attempt to get DNA from it. Our local public transport people carry around assault kits now - spitting or other fluids gets instantly swabbed.

So sorry you had to endure that foul behaviour :mad:

Hmmm there's something suss about that cache - it's under a main road with no path access despite what the cache says, its only accessible from the main road. Reccy'd the area and decided against posting a DNF. I dunno, I don't mean to sling silly stuff about, but I'm not entirely comfortable with this one having visited the locale.

Are you sure that you are talking about the same cache? The cache which has the log on is in a park/recreational area, and is a multi that requires counting various things and working out co-ords. I have done it myself, only a few weeks ago.

Are you sure that you are talking about the same cache? The cache which has the log on is in a park/recreational area, and is a multi that requires counting various things and working out co-ords. I have done it myself, only a few weeks ago.

It's this cache that some people in this thread are talking about, isn't it? Lotho, I assume you know the cache setter? Your profles are very similar. :D

Edit: er, I mean your profiles are very similar. I wouldn't know about your profles. :mad: Sorry, my typing's awful tonight.

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Aren't some folks just disgusting :D a good kick in the HORLICKSwould have sufficed :mad:

No one should have to suffer that kind of abuse whilst out and about.

M :(

Actually the first word you used DID cause offence and in my opinion (as forum moderator) crossed the line of acceptability on this family oriented forum. I tried to replace it with something similar so that the original sense of your post was maintained. I guess I could have replaced 3 letters with *** as newspaper editors do with that word but felt that an alternative word more appropriate.

Just for fun, I searched this very forum for the word to which I presume you're referring ("widdled", right? :mad:), and found a surprising number of hits. The first one which I checked (I only checked one!) wasn't even using this word in its etymologically correct (and, I would argue, historically valid) sense, but rather as a synonym for "inebriated".

It's this cache that some people in this thread are talking about, isn't it? Lotho, I assume you know the cache setter? Your profles are very similar. ;)

Edit: er, I mean your profiles are very similar. I wouldn't know about your profles. ;) Sorry, my typing's awful tonight.

But the cache where the encounter with Chavs was is this one.

You can read Lotho's log.

Only just read your thread and I am furious about what happened to you, I would have called all my friends and recruited as many cachers as possible to track down the chav who did the deed and then pay him a mob handed visit at his home, I would then select the most officious person to "ave a word" while the rest stood about in an intimidating silence. I could not "ave a word" myself because I would definately be tampted to give him a slap. In the part of London that I originate from

"ave a word" means to set someone straight and leave them in no doubt of the consequences i.e Make them defecate themselves.

Slap usually means a trip to A&E

I am not local but would be there if you decide to go this route, just keep me on a short lead, Cheers Jon

I think at the time the thread was started the log either hadn't actually been written or by clicking on Lotho's profile you wouldnt actually spot the DNF on the cache where the assault took place, and Lotho's last found log was on the cache that has now been archived. Hence the confusion. :cool:

I think at the time the thread was started the log either hadn't actually been written or by clicking on Lotho's profile you wouldnt actually spot the DNF on the cache where the assault took place, and Lotho's last found log was on the cache that has now been archived. Hence the confusion. :(

The log had been written. I am watching that cache, and Lotho's log came through before this thread began. However, you are right - DNFs do not show up on profiles! (Aren't we glad! :cool::( )

That's an awful thing to have happened to you. What a disgusting thing to do to anyone.

I was out on my own once in a city woodland and was sitting on a seat waiting for a bunch of young lads to pass by so I could start to search for the cache. They started sniggering and whispering as they passed me and then one of them mooned at me. That felt very intimidating for me as a woman out on her own. Another time I was out with my son who was 6 at the time and we had stones thrown at us from behind a rock face by a group of neds. I informed the police but they did nothing - I got the impression that they couldn't be bothered going up the glen where it happened to track them down as neither of us (fortunately) had been injured.

Now I am very vigilant wherever I go - I am constantly on the watch for two or more youths together and if I feel at all uncomfortable anywhere with the type of people hanging around then I just get out of the place. Have missed out on completing several caches because of this but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Don't have to be caching to get stuff chucked at you .

I was just cycling along the road near some shops and got an egg chucked at me ..it got me in the neck .

The youths in the passing car who chucked it 'ad a good laugh seeing a 50 +year old splatted . :unsure:

Jokes you got p***** on! Now that takes the p***.

Edit (in true newspaper style !) to keep the thread "family friendly" - Lactodorum

Edited by Lactodorum

Isn't someone urinating on you classified as assault these days? If you were brave enough to save the ruined clothing you could if the Feds were good get them to attempt to get DNA from it. Our local public transport people carry around assault kits now - spitting or other fluids gets instantly swabbed.

So sorry you had to endure that foul behaviour :anicute:

Yes I think it is.... and probably criminal damage as well. :anicute:

Unfortunately we can't get DNA from urine, but like Alice Band says, if anyone ever has someone spit on them definately keep your clothing cause there's a very good chance of getting a profile from saliva.

Next time give em a good shoeing. Its sad to say but some people only understand violence. I work in london most weekends and often have to deal with drunk or drugged people who are less than sociable at the best of times. A few you can talk to reasonably some you have to be a bit firmer with. One recent incident required the police, they were so on the ball they waited till it was over and we had got everyone out before even getting out the car! Always good to know theyre there when you need em!

Dont let it get you down caching is too good to give it up over a chav!

thats the police for you waste of time and money most of the time. i was in the pub game and let down a few times

sorry to hear you got wet on your last cach.

take a nice size blade with you and if this happens again take offending item in hand and use nice size blade to part owner from his prize and laugh at him as he roll around on the ground in pain.

thats the police for you waste of time and money most of the time. i was in the pub game and let down a few times

sorry to hear you got wet on your last cach.

take a nice size blade with you and if this happens again take offending item in hand and use nice size blade to part owner from his prize and laugh at him as he roll around on the ground in pain.

I note the lack of any smileys in your post and its encouraging of geocachers to commit a crime, even against unsocial behaviour. I cannot imagine you are seriously condoning this sort of behaviour but next time you post such a statement, please make it clear that you are not to be taken seriously.

In any case, I see no reason to resurrect this thread while a new one is active (See: chav run ins whilst caching)

I am closing this one now.