WONKA Geocaper

JavaDuck

The WONKA Geocaper is coming! The 2nd annual Geocaper (geocaching and puzzle event race) is scheduled for Saturday July 21st in downtown Tacoma. Check out the above link for all of the exciting details.

Last year teams had a blast finding caches and solving puzzles (and battling the heat, hopefully our request for cooler weather is granted).

Gather up your sweetest puzzle solving dream team and compete with other puzzle solvers in a fun and exciting event. Spend an afternoon exploring downtown Tacoma, solving puzzles, satistying your sweet tooth, and finding Wonka's Golden Tickets! We hope to see you there!

Don't be scared. These puzzles won't be as hard, and I'm proud to say I've not created all of them. We are really working on making the puzzles solving time around 20 minutes. And hey we are going to provide the Sweet Cheat Sheet! (trying saying that fast 5 times).

Hope to see you there!

If you're looking for a team or need more members for a team, feel free to post a message here. Hope to see the local puzzlers at this great event!

JavaDuck

I'm looking to join a team. Anyone need a team member? :anicute:

- Zanobio

I am absolutely stoked! I love puzzles and Wonka and candy and caching. This is totally win-win for me. I will be with nteclpr, but we need some other players to either team up with or to join our team. Please let either one of know if you're looking for a team or some players. Thanks. :P

Edited by SatyrBelle

And now, a shameless plug, brought to you by Team Noltex. :lol:

As part of last year's Geocaper winning team, JavaDuck has coerced Team Noltex and GrnXnham into helping plan this year's event. Probably to give the other teams a chance ! :laughing::( Last year's Geocaper was a true marvel of organization and planning and really just nothing short of amazing. Easily the most fun I've had at an event. If you have any interest in puzzles, I can highly recommend putting a team together to do this event. Think of the best puzzle cache solver you know and invite them to join you. Very clever and innovative puzzles, very theme related and a very challenging, competitive and fun day.

The Geocaper now is only 2 months away! There are 9 team spots left! Plenty of time to gather your Dream Team of Puzzle Solvers and face off against the other amazing Puget Sound puzzle solvers.

Can your team squash the Snozzberries?

Can they make the Vermicious Knids slither away

Hi!

Teams can be anywhere from 4 to 6 people. We want to include as many people as we can, but have to limit the event to 12 teams due to logistics, planning etc. Again if you are looking for people to fill out your team, post a message here or check the notes on the cache page. There are 8 spots left. I'm waiting for a team name from one group.

Once you have at least 4 people sign up! You are free to add the 2 additional people later or change people if needed! Hope to see you there!

WONKA GEOCAPER update!

There are only 7 spots left! The Oompa-Loompa have been very busy helping Willy Wonka prepare the many sweet surprises that await teams!

Sign up now and join the Snozzberries, Vermicious Knids, Hsawaknow, the Everlasting Gobstoppers, and the unnamed team.

Hope to see you in July

JavaDuck (Head Oompa-Loompa)

**raises hand**

I want to come but I am a total newbie (as in three days, seven caches new) so I'll need a team. Mr. Brumbjorn is a crack puzzle solver but will no tbe coming -- he will be at the national puzzler's league (www.puzzlers.org) convention that weekend, but reachable by phone.

Any room on a team for a newbie with a shiny-i-havent-dropped-it-yet new GPS?

First Hi Brumbjorn! If I hear of anyone needing a team, I will let them know you are looking!

We are now up to seven teams, so just 5 team spots left! The Oompa-Loompa are still busy working on creating a fantastic day for all of you!

Looking forward to seeing all of the teams in July!

Less than 3 weeks left to sign up for this Wona-filled event! Gather up your best puzzle solvers and match wits with the other local puzzle solvers. Who will be first to gather all of the golden tickets and ???????

We have 3 spots left! So sign up today!

We're filling up fast! Only 2 team spots remain! Sign up your team of 2 to 6 today, and join the following teams for a fun filled day of caching and puzzle sovling!

1) Snozzberries

2) Vermicious Knids

3) Hsawaknow

4) The Everlasting Gobstoppers

5) Ragamuffins

6) Quad Quandary

7) Team Slugworth

8) Candy's Bad For You

9) Scooby & Friends

10) The Dweebs

Here is an update of the teams signed up for the fantastic Wonka Geocaper! There is just over a week left to sign up for this fun event. We have just 2 team spots left, and we are now accepting teams of 2 to 6.

1) Snozzberries

2) Vermicious Knids

3) Hsawaknow<br>

5) Ragamuffins

6) Quad Quandary

7) Team Slugworth

8) Team Grumpy & Gassie

9) Tibby's Friends

10) The Dweebs

Just one day left to sign up for the Wonka Geocaper. The deadline is today (Saturday July 7th). There is just one team spot left. First come, first served!

After that cachers can feel free to post a message here or on the event page to see if the registered teams had spots open.

Many marvelous surprises awaits the following 11 teams!

1) Snozzberries

2) Vermicious Knids

3) Hsawaknow

5) Ragamuffins

6) Quad Quandary

7) Team Slugworth

8) Team Grumpy & Gassie

9) Tibby's Friends

10) The Dweebs

11) The Oompa-Loompas

Only 6 more days! Hope all the teams have been exercing their brains! The puzzle Oompa-Loompas are almost done preparing all the sweet and wonderful surprises. It looks like our request for cooler weather will be honored (no 90 degree sunshine this time).

See everyone Saturday!

PS We still could use 1 or 2 volunteers the day of the event. If you're interested please contact me!

Just one day left until the Geocaper! Due to some last minute cancellations, there are 2 team spots available. If there is a group of 2 to 6 cachers that would like to take the spot, please email me ASAP. We'll accept teams until 7:00pm tomorrow. Unfortunately, you will not be able to choose your own team name. The two team names available are the Violet Blueberries or Hsawaknow.

If you're interested, please email JavaDuck the following information:

The members on your team

Your team captain

Which team name you prefer

It will be first come, first serve basis.

JavaDuck, Head Puzzle Oompa-Loompa!

Thanks to all of the volunteers (and especially Team Noltex and GrnXnham) for helping making the Wonka Geocaper a great event.

Thanks to all of the teams that participated. It was fun seeing the event unfold throughout the day. I hope you all had fun and hope to see you next year.

JavaDuck

Here are the final results for the Wonka Geocaper!

Thanks again to all of the participants and the volunteers! Hope to see you next year.

(And yes my head is already beginning to fill with ideas for next year)

So drumroll please.....

The Official Wonka Geocaper Results

Final Results-800 Possible Points

1) Ragamuffins- 700 points

2) Snozzberries- 650 points

3) Tibby's People- 575 points

4) Team Slugworth- 475 points (Claimed 4th with the fastest time tie breaker)

5) Everlasting Gobstoppers- 475 points

6) The Oompa-Loompas- 425 points

7) The Dweebs- 375 points

8) Quad Quandary- 350 points

9) Vermicious Knids- 325 points

10) Grumpy & Gassie0 225 points