Ye ole servey monuments

I did my first this week at Driffield 228. I see that cacher's around the country Have logged this several times on Geocache.com as I see it it should only be logged once and any further find should be logged on the trig pointing site, am I correct or am I incorrect? (It may have a bearing on some cacher's tolals!) as only finding a cache once (with a log book) counts under present rules.

I did my first this week at Driffield 228. I see that cacher's around the country Have logged this several times on Geocache.com as I see it it should only be logged once and any further find should be logged on the trig pointing site, am I correct or am I incorrect? (It may have a bearing on some cacher's tolals!) as only finding a cache once (with a log book) counts under present rules.

YOSM is a Grandfathered Virtual cache, when it was submitted the version of the guidelines in use at the time allowed Virtual caches to be listed. Revisions of the guidelines since it was submitted which require that there is a Physical Log book do not apply to this one.

Geocaching.com stopped accepting Virtual caches for publication on November 2 2005, this cache was published in 2002 if memory serves me correct. And if you read the cache description for it, it is one log per location. There are over 200+ locations effectively making it 200+ Virtual caches.

The other Grandfathered In category [and which does not have a physical log book] is Webcam caches.

Technically there are no rules that say we can only log a find once per cache, it's more like accepted etiquette.

I know you've been to at least one other YOSM location near to home, so go ahead and log another find - after all you went to two separate locations, they just don't have two separate cache pages.

I don't know why some people struggle with this cache -it seems simple enough to me- but here's the logging rules as I understand them, in clear language:

To log YOSM you need to:

Personally, physically visit a current or past YOSM location (not all are trig points - some are survey bolts, etc.)

Gather the info about it that the page requests, and take co-ords to include with your log, which must also say which location of the 200+ you've visited.

Repeat, if desired.

Grey area: Logging a trig point which you visited before it became a YOSM location, and haven't revisited since. Might be regarded as a bit 'cheaty'.

Any questions? B)

Yep... I got one!

Have a look at my stats page.

I have logged 2 separate YOSM's and now look what's happened! Will the descrepancy between 'found/attended logs' and 'unique caches visited' increase the more YOSM's I find?

It make it appear that I am double logging? :cool:

Jon

I have logged 2 separate YOSM's and now look what's happened! Will the descrepancy between 'found/attended logs' and 'unique caches visited' increase the more YOSM's I find?

It make it appear that I am double logging? :cool:

Jon

But surely, now you've worked out why, it's not a problem.

Or you could fiddle the stats when editing your profile page :(