How Many of? Cointest.

Marky

A series of fun cointests all based on this photo (click image for 10 megapixel image):

collection.jpg

Joani was asked to organize a bag of geocoins for a friend. She laid them on our table to see what was in the bag.

First question: If you were to activate every trackable coin, how many unique icons would you get?

Answer: 214! Congrats CinemaBoxers! You chose the Coinfusion. An excellent choice.

Second question: Of those unique icons, which is the one that we don't own? Hint, it was released before 2007. (Someone please trade me one!)

Answer: Centris! Congrats Anthus! You chose the Silver LE Kiss Me I'm Irish event geocoin.

Third question: How many non-round geocoins are there (not how many types, how many actual coins on the table). Anything that breaks the circle counts, even the little thing on the German geocoins.

Answer: 127! Congrats OROBORUS!

Fourth question: How many coins on the table total?

Answer: 525! Congrats Vegas Gamblers!

Last question: Who's collection is this? There are a couple of people who already know, and I know who you are so don't spoil the fun by guessing.

Prize stash:

Marky & Joani Nano Cache Antique Bronze LE

Coinfusion

motogrrl Memorial

California Poppy micro

Silver LE Kiss Me I'm Irish event

Santa Cruz geocoin (the one with the lighthouse on one side and the train on the other)

Winners get their pick of what's in the prize stash. Please don't sell the prizes on ebay.

One guess per hour, per cacher.

Have fun!

--Marky

Edited by Marky

910 :)

Too high! :D I don't think there's that many unique icons total!

Actually, I think that there are over 1,000 of them. One of our caches is a TB Hotel, and we post a copy of the icons for every traveler that visits. The icons are "named" by numbers; the number for the Red Handed micro is 1041; the number of the generic (no unique icon) geocoin is 23. Now, things like the Diabetes TB tag fit into the middle; it's 721. But I think it fairly to safe to say that, if there aren't already over a Kilo of geocoin icons, there will be very soon B):D

BTW: 247 :D

P.S. Geez, that's a lot of coins! Just looked at the large pic and blew it up. Tried to count them, but gave it up as a hopeless enterprise. And I thought *we* were bad! :D

Edited by chaosmanor

910 :)

Too high! :D I don't think there's that many unique icons total!

Actually, I think that there are over 1,000 of them. One of our caches is a TB Hotel, and we post a copy of the icons for every traveler that visits. The icons are "named" by numbers; the number for the Red Handed micro is 1041; the number of the generic (no unique icon) geocoin is 23. Now, things like the Diabetes TB tag fit into the middle; it's 721. But I think it fairly to safe to say that, if there aren't already over a Kilo of geocoin icons, there will be very soon B):D

BTW: 247 :D

I thought there were less, but I just checked and there are 1038 as of noon today. 910 is still too high though, for this cointest! :D

--Marky

I just now noticed by accident the Display Mode of Outline is very cool for cointests. I can easily see what has been guessed so far (as long as the guess isn't stuck in as part of a reply to something else).

--Marky

Too late, dude! I've already sprained my right pointer finger! :)