Congrats to Helen in Mustardland and TMM Sarah

rutson

Just heard they're on 57 and they're still plodding on!

Well done girls!

:D:D:DB):D:D

Just had a text from the girls who are now relaxing having found 63 cache in just over 15 hours, claiming both the London and the Public transport records.

Really well done to both of you...

Garf

B)B):D:D:)B)

Just heard they're on 57 and they're still plodding on!

Just had a text from the girls who are now relaxing having found 63 cache in just over 15 hours, claiming both the London and the Public transport records.

What? You mean they stopped at 15 hours?! hehehe. Wow, well done ladies!

Thankyou all for your kind congratulations :D

It wasn't the time limit that beat us into submission after 64 caches, but the wear and tear to our legs and feet. So yes, we did end up in the pub with quite a few hours still to go ;)

Had a great day, cached a large proportion of it with Mary and David (Purple_Pineapple) who had done surprisingly few of the ones on our list (and of the six they had, two were significantly altered in the meantime such that they couldn't help even if they'd wanted to, and the other four they stood or sat facing the other way and ignored us while we found them :) )

We'd like to thank whoever cause the fire on Thursday night that closed part of Oxford Street for adding to the complexity of our day, and a special mention to the Victoria and Albert museum for shutting the one single gallery we needed information from for a virtual LOL (not that that stopped us from getting it, it just made it a bit more interesting)

Silly incident of the day might have to go to Dave for commenting that he couldn't find an X anywhere (it was the hint) when in fact he had his left foot on it at that very moment, or possibly my on-the-spot excuse to a security guard who asked if we were lost as we hunted near the David Beckham Football Academy that "oh no we're just David Beckham fans and wanted to see if he was here"

The gauntlet is hereby thrown down - between me and Sarah we had at least 25 caches we couldn't attempt as one or the other of us had already done them, all nice easy ones close together in the centre... so come on, who's going to be first to take the London 24 hour into treble figures?

Just want to ditto what Helen said...Thanks for your congratulations :D:D

and thanks to Helen and Paul for putting me up..

and Dave, Mary and Helen for putting up with me ;)

and to Gareth who did all my technical bits before I left and stayed at home and looked after the kids :)

Sarah

Well done. That's not for the amount of caches, it's for surviving public transport!!! :-)

Big congrats from us, obviously! We were only there for the Central London bit (having done Wanstead and Greenwich ourselves already) but I have now calculated that we walked a minimum of 20 miles during the day, and then whatever Helen and Sarah did before we joined them! And that doesn't include walking around tube stations and strolling up and down looking for the cache, so all in all, its no wonder our feet hurt by the end of it!

And yes, I'm quite proud that I found the cache while standing ON the rather important clue!

Oh, and I agree with Helen - they had to make up the numbers with some more hard to reach caches - anyone who hasn't cached central london yet may well make it to triple figures!

Dave and Mary