transfering maps to sd card

shawhh

hey guys,

just got a 2 gb card for my 76csx. should hold the whole eastern us (656.9 mb), but when i tried to send it to my gpsr i kept getting a message stating that the file contained "529 items too many for the device". can anyone here give some assistance? i have the most current software updates to both my gpsr and mapsource. -harry

hey guys,

just got a 2 gb card for my 76csx. should hold the whole eastern us (656.9 mb), but when i tried to send it to my gpsr i kept getting a message stating that the file contained "529 items too many for the device". can anyone here give some assistance? i have the most current software updates to both my gpsr and mapsource. -harry

Without knowing more info. it sounds like you are loading addtional maps also, such as some topo maps along with your street maps. You can only download 2025 map segments to your GPSr. Take a look at your Mapsource file (lower left) and see how many maps your file contains, if more than 2025 reduce the number of maps in the file and everything should work.

If your using CN v.8 entire U.S. will go on 2 Gb; if using CN NT v.8 entire U.S. will go on 1 Gb. No matter what size of memory card you are using not all of Mapsources U.S. Topo will go on your GPSr - it contains in excess of 5,000 map segments.

Edit:

After taking another look at your OP I realize you are probably only talking about the U.S. Topo for the Eastern U.S. Same still applies you are exceeding the 2025 map segment limit.

Edited by eaparks

eaparks,

thanks for the prompt reply. figured it had to be something like that. how did you know about the limit on map segments? i've been searching all over the place for that kind of info. oh, yeah, i was talking about the topo eastern u.s. again, thanks for the prompt reply.

harry

eaparks,

thanks for the prompt reply. figured it had to be something like that. how did you know about the limit on map segments? i've been searching all over the place for that kind of info. oh, yeah, i was talking about the topo eastern u.s. again, thanks for the prompt reply.

harry

If you haven't already looked at the thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=162001 take a look at it and it will give you some good addtional info. on number of map segments in various Mapsouce Map Software programs