Earthquake in Kent

minxyy

Hope you are safe and well though and out from under the table.

Hid for a while under the duvet and then remembered that Dorset is a long way from Kent :)

Looks like some buildings etc will need some serious work done on them though ........thoughts and prayers to all in Kent who have been frightened, lost power and had their homes/work places damaged.

However I was in an earthquake in Stoke on Treant back in the '80's and it's disturbing enough when they only last for a few seconds let alone minutes! You really can't work out whats going on!

Have a great weekend all

minxyy

We had one here about 4-5 years ago, epicentre birmingham I seem to remember, but felt here in mid Wales, not by me as I was fast asleep (early hours of morning) but by the Insignificant Other, who then woke me up, convinced we had a poltergiest :)

He said there was a kind of whoooosh through the house, which rattled all the sash windows, and then he was sure someone was stood behind him wobbling his chair! Scared the @*~# out of him :D:DB)

Hi there people. Just thought I'd give you some perspective on your quake. First of all I live near Seattle, Washington (USA) and we heard about it and what a rare event it is for you. We get a pretty good quake (one you really notice) maybe every 10 or 15 years. The last really good one was the Nisqually quake, a 6.8 magnitude. I guess that was the biggest I'd been through. The dog dove under the desk and I ran outside. I went canoeing and planted my second cache later the day. Feb 28, 2001.

Anyway, here is a really useful link about your quake and others if you want to keep an eye on things ->

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recent...aps/10/0_50.php

We had one here about 4-5 years ago, epicentre birmingham I seem to remember, but felt here in mid Wales, not by me as I was fast asleep (early hours of morning) but by the Insignificant Other, who then woke me up, convinced we had a poltergiest :D

He said there was a kind of whoooosh through the house, which rattled all the sash windows, and then he was sure someone was stood behind him wobbling his chair! Scared the @*~# out of him :(:(:(

I remember that one jennie. My bed shook and woke me up. It felt like someone had shoved the wall and all the windows rattled. Spooky. :mad: