Cachemate and Palm TX

Turtletoes/Biggie

I had to get my Palm TX replaced under warranty. Trying to load Cachemate onto my new Palm. Followed instructions. Just not working. What am I doing wrong.

Please help

That's a broad question....are you getting an error? Is it not loading at all???

I haven't had any problems with my TX and cachemate, but with a little more info I'll try to help.

It's probably in the Unfiled category. Make sure you have All categories selected.

The application icons are kept under different categories (games, main, most used, system, utilities, unfiled, etc).

You can choose the "all" category in the upper right corner of the main screen. If it installed onto your Palm, you should see it.

Ed

Edited by Ed & Julie

The instruction say to open the palm quick install tool done

Add cachemate.prc file done

Add mathlib.prc file done

Hot sync done

It hot syncs

I go into applications and there is no cachemate.

What am I doing wrong

A couple of possibilities to check.

First, if you have a Windows Vista computer then Palm Quick Install is not yet compatible with Vista and will not install programs to your T|X. You have to email them to yourself on Versamail and then click on them to install. On the Palm site searching for Vista will give you the instructions in detail.

Second, make sure that in quick install you are not installing to an SD card. The program will show up on the card and I don't think it runs from there. Mathlib.prc for sure has to be in the main memory not on the card.

JD