GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

PA Geocoinfest had their own coin. It's the shape of the state symbol. They are 1" non trackable.

keystone%20mini%20-%20all.jpg

Blue - only 35 minted (state colors)

Yellow - only 35 minted (Steeler colors)

Pink glow in the dark - only 30 minted (trade only version)

Blue and Yellow were bolth sold out at the event.

I do have a few of the pink ones left for trade.

...Stacy

South Dakota's event went well especially considering none here are into coins – at least like I am. :) There were 35 in attendance. Got some great ideas from others so we had drawings & games all day including stuff for the kids which they seemed to enjoy. Served the attendees lunch but no room for me to sit with them. :P Spent a lot of time with everyone oooing & aaahing over my binders. One other person brought a few coins in a binder and we had less than 10 out for discovery on the table. Hopefully this event will get some others interested and out there making, buying & trading coins so I can talk coins with someone locally for a change. Two whole trade offers were put out there and no trades were made.

People learned a lot about coins in general. Lots of good questions asked. We progressed one baby step further in maybe making a South Dakota coin. Most were surprised at how many coins I had - hah if they only knew about the rest of the stash - and the different shapes & coin designs. They figured a coin was a coin was a coin - round and that is it. They really enjoyed seeing the variety.

As usual we had a great location - glad to be indoors. It was hot - record setting 88 degrees - and humid. And muddy from the previous two nights of downpours. But those that won the FTF drawings were thrilled to get out and get an FTF - to actually beat the FTF hounds here and score not only the FTF but a coin as well.

Had lots of nice prizes to give away. I threw in some coins since we only had a handful. But thanks to all the prize donors again - Dorkfish Coins, TnT Geocoins, The Caching Place, Groundspeak, moscow32, Mr.Explorer3 and of course our coordinator Avroair without whom none of this crazy stuff would have happened!

I was wiped out afterwards - standing all day does that to ya - but it was worth it! Score another smiley.

We sold some of the extra event coins but there are still some South Dakota coins left over if anyone wants any. Just send me an email. :P

Hmmm -post #1000 - a cointest, maybe?

Edited by GPX Navigators

Well after some rest I'm ready to tell all! LOL

We had a great event in Texas! We had 70 people sign the log, but I'm thinking we had at least 100 bodies in that room!

Mama Cache did a game of "Hollywood Squares" with alot of old time cachers as the squares. And of course, our center square managed to make Sharon blush. It was a really fun game! The winners got new cars! ....well actually, they were classic cars...little Mustang Fastbacks!

Then we raffled some prizes, and started our GeoIcon Bingo game. That was really fun. Everybody had to put in a coin for every card. We played 3 games of the regular 5 across, down or diagonal, and the winners got to pick a coin out of the basket. Then we played blackout, and the winner got the rest of the coins! TX Magic Lady took that pot, and she sure was happy about it.

After that, we finished up the raffle, and were a little late clearing out the room!

We had a great time! It was a really fun event. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I think I spent most of the day on my feet! LOL

We had cachers from all over Texas. Texas is a big state! We had cachers from Houston, Austin, Abilene, Killeen, East Texas. I think a couple of folks came in from Oklahoma and Louisiana. We had a couple in town from Alaska, and Itchy and Fluffy extended their stay here to attend. What a blast!

Just getting home from Idaho :D !!! What a spectacular event, HUGE thank you to Dorkfish and Karma for such an excellant event !!!

Congrats to Tyocci for winning the Magellan 500 LE GPS in the raffle and congrats to all the other attendees that won there share of the 100+ coins donated for the giveaway.

I never realized that it was possible to make a maze out of the all those potatoes plants :wacko: , oh wait that was corn :laughing: !!!!

Just getting home from Idaho :D !!! What a spectacular event, HUGE thank you to Dorkfish and Karma for such an excellant event !!!

Congrats to Tyocci for winning the Magellan 500 LE GPS in the raffle and congrats to all the other attendees that won there share of the 100+ coins donated for the giveaway.

I never realized that it was possible to make a maze out of the all those potatoes plants :D , oh wait that was corn :wacko: !!!!

Where's my thank you :D:laughing:

Just getting home from Idaho :D !!! What a spectacular event, HUGE thank you to Dorkfish and Broken W for such an excellant event !!!

I never realized that it was possible to make a maze out of the all those potatoes plants :D , oh wait that was corn :D !!!!

Where's my thank you :D:wacko:

HUH????

How stupid am I????? Maybe I should have posted after I went to bed and woke back up :D ???? Instead of jet lag I think they call it car lag :laughing: ??? Thank you Kelly for such an excellent event, sure glad I was able to make it to Idaho!!!

I'm going to bed B) !!

Edited by Damenace

Better late than never...

The Oregon Event was fantastic (even though the local temp was in the mid-forties......brrrrrrrrrr)...

Had a bunch of new cachers show up, so it was fun showing them the GeoCoin ropes.

42 Will Attend

37 Attended (probably close to 50+ when you include the kids)

107 trackables logged into the event (most of the other events wooped my a** on that stat!)

The Geo_Leprachaun dropped by the location in the wee hours of the morning...left me a note about where to find a piece o' gold. I already have a piece o' gold, so decided to put it up for a silent auction. It brought in a chunk o' change for the S.A.G.A. group. Thanks GL...

We did a "free" raffle with all the stuff that the sponsors sent...everyone got something....they were so thrilled. Special thanks to OakCoins, CachingPlace, CoinsAndPins, HogwildStuff, Landsharkz, Avroaire (of course), S.A.G.A, and the locals who donated. I must have given away 40 coins, and a multitude of misc items.

My co-host: Jayel57 did an awesome catering job with grilled hotdogs, salads, and all the fixin's...

My right hand man: nmartin was great...he placed many temp caches in the area with FTF SAGA Coins...taught the kids how to mold pine cone caches, and took care of the Geo_Leprachaun Auction.

I really do wish it had been warmer....thanks to Jayel57 for thinking ahead and bringing the propane heater...you ever see 50+ people try to share one heater?

Hey...at least it didn't rain.

Was able to distribute over 50 Event coins....still have a few left if any of the other event organizers wish to trade.

Getting late here in Oregon...just got through re-organizing coins and unpacking from the event. Gotta go to work on Monday.

Nite nite...

Well the PA event was just awesome, I have never seen so many coins in one place before to look at,discover,trade,touch,admire,and drool over some great looking coins to me well it is just PRICELESS ! I managed to make some great trades buy a few and win one as a second chance door prize as there were so many donated to the event.I wanted to host one for WV but it would just been to close to this one to be possable. I know this is the farthest that have traveld to an event and diden't stop to grab quite a few caches in the area as once I arrived I diden't want to leave to go caching as there were just to many coins to look at :laughing:

Thanks Anthus for hosting the PA event and to all that brought there collections for a very fun filled day,I wonder how many coins were in that room ? Anyone who attended have a guess how many coins were there ?

I had a great time at the event in Kennesaw, GA. I had been sick earlier in the week and wasn't even sure I was going to make it but it turned out well. Was able to get a few more caches in Georgia too! Saw coins and coins and more coins, let folks check out my coins in my binders, and even traded and purchased a few coins. Got to meet alot of new folks, and a few I had already met from other previous events. Good folks, good food and good fun for sure!

We left home at 6:00am and 5 hours later we had cached our way to the Pa Geocoinfest in Somerset, Pa. where we found the Oakhurst Tearoom full of friendly geocoin lovers. Spent the whole day talking and trading and when it was over we had lots of new coins and even more new aquaintences. It's so much fun to meet some of the people we feel like we already know from talking on these forums. Thanks to everyone who discovered PaRacer Joy's Canoe Place coin and to our hosts John and Stacy (Anthus).

Edited by PaRacers

Well the Idaho event was a blast. The weather was cold and the wind was blowing, but it didn't seem to hinder people from enjoying themselves. We had a ton of door prizes and many people were willing to help us out. Our set up crew consisted of Damenace, lyonden_ut, pabloturtle, my brother-in-law Mike, and R of BRoKeN W. All such a great group of guys! I hardly had time to mingle, but I do know that a lot of people were from out of state. We had ID, WY, OR, WA, UT & NV represented. After the event some of us went out to dinner and that was a blast. Wish we could have stayed longer, but we had left our daughter with R's mom for 14 hours that day (left at 8:30am and didn't get home until 11pm).

I'd like to thank all of you that donated and helped dorkfish and I out. And I'd also like to thank dorkfish for being my co-host. Karma did such an awesome job and I am so glad I asked her for her help. There are definitely some great people in this community!

Here are some pics of the event (got some from paploturtle).

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/idahogeocoinevent/

If you attended the Idaho event and have some pictures of the event you'd like to share, please feel free to e-mail them to me and I will get them uploaded to photobucket.

A bit late, but we also had a great time at the Dutch Geocoinfest-event. We had warm and sunny weather. It was a great location in the middle of the woods.

Here's a photo of the location:

c75e076b-99e0-4a4f-b373-46363b21bbd5.jpg

The organisation team just before the start (I'm not in the photo):

1b46d2cf-412c-48de-b4e8-f08f783d9e1a.jpg

Trading taking place:

41b6bf08-9499-420c-a070-c8cc216a3921.jpg

I must thank all our sponsors. We were able to give something to all participants. A BIG THANKYOU.

10eddd12-3f68-4715-9121-7910f310d538.jpg

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :D

I know that everybody has not yet logged all the events. But I went through and pulled out some interesting numbers:

Total attendees: 890

Average per event: 37

Individual Events: (as of tonight)

British Columbia 46

Hawaii 24

Idaho 44

New Zealand 22

Texas 63

Alberta 41

Arizona 36

Georgia 33

Halifax 38

Michigan 48

Minnesota 7

Mississippi 26

MOKAN 39

Montreal 37

Netherlands 28

New Jersey 43

North Carolina 55

Northern Cal - 55

Oregon 41

South Dakota 16

Southern Cal 34

Washington 21

Kenosha, WI 62

Pennsylvania 31

We should get a Mega Event Icon! :laughing:

We should get a Mega Event Icon! :laughing:

I already asked Raine about this in July at MWGB. He said no. It has to be in a single event location to get the MEGA icon.

Oh, I was only kidding. I never thought we'd get one. It is really neat that so many in the coin community showed up at these events. And I know we had some converts in Dallas!

Had great fun at Northern California event. Always great to finally match a face to the geohandles of local cachers. Traded coins, discovered coins, and met many great people. Just sorry I couldn't get around to meeting everyone. I don't really like bingo, so while everyone was playing, I wire-wrapped one of these hard to find babies!!

markyphoto.jpg

Thanks for the great picture of Droo in the background there. Many thanks to geodiamond and Team LegGoes for sharing tables with me and of course to our hosts, Marky & Joni, Lee and everyone else who helped.

:laughing:

Over the last couple of days I have received a very generous donation from The Caching Place, thank you for these beautiful geocoin binders. I am going to arrange a drawing for these items and they will go to one of the pre-registered attendees. We had 52 teams/people pre-register so one of those lucky people is going to have the chance to win the set of binders and I will use your sponsorshp sign at future events so expect some good will.

We also received the t-shirts from avroair, they were mailed before the Thank You coins and they arrived many days later, they just look great, thank you Mark for your generosity. I will try and get them out to the organizers soon.

We also got a donation from Groundspeak, mailed almost two weeks before the event and the envelope made it yesterday, a big thank you to Groundspeak for being generous sponsors of our event, I am sure you get a lot of requests and I can do the multiplication so thank you for remembering us and thank you for your generosity.

We also got very generous donations from our BC coinmakers, Landsharkz. We are right next door to Helen and Chris and I have to tell you they really did us proud. In additon to the drawing for the binders we will be drawing for two of the Landsharkz personal trade only geocoins, the shark in black nickle, these are beautiful geocoins. We also have one Canadian Forces Geocoin that was donated by Chris in memory of Sauterelle. I am going to give my kids the task of setting up a draw and recording it on video, I will post the resulting video on YouTube and you will get a chance to see these great donations.

The geocoins that were included by the Landsharkz in the event coin package never made it to the event due to my stupidity, I drove my work truck as far as Calgary and when we all piled into the family minivan for the last leg of the trip I forgot those coins and a $10.00 Subway gift card donated by freddy25 , a new geocacher from Hanna.

Thanks to Mike at The Geocoin Store, those gift certificates disappeared in a hurry, that was a very popular donation. GAS donated about 70 geocoins, we sold a Coinerval Game Play card at the event and gave each purchaser a free AE version of the Purple Dinosaur Geocoin, that donation really made our event possible.

I ended up spending less than $100.00 out of pocket and at an event that cost almost $2000.00 that was pretty good.

GPSCentral in Calgary, Alberta gave us a big donation in the form of hats and t-shirts, there were a lot of folks wearing Garmin gear!

So thanks to everyone who donated to our GeocoinFest Multi Event (Alberta). The people who love geocoins will reward you as you have rewarded us.

And a last big thank you to avroair, this was a great multi-event and it was a real pleasure to be a part of the whole thing, I am very glad we managed to get an Alberta wide event organized and I am very thankful for all the Alberta geocachers that showed up and made it all work.

PA Geocoinfest had their own coin. It's the shape of the state symbol. They are 1" non trackable.

Blue - only 35 minted (state colors)

Yellow - only 35 minted (Steeler colors)

Pink glow in the dark - only 30 minted (trade only version)

Blue and Yellow were bolth sold out at the event.

I do have a few of the pink ones left for trade.

...Stacy

Still any of these left over for trade?