GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

GEOCOINFEST HERE WE COME!...OK Well at least Ill be there...Unless there is some sort of drastic event that takes place seperating the Bay area from me!

Cant wait...The last Geocoinfest was over 400 miles away from me and I still made it, despite me even being a new cacher for less than 3 months at the time!

This one is still over 150 miles away and will be a bunch of driving in a day...But should be well worth it! Mmmmmm...Lasagna!

my trip will start at 4:30 am, and it will be about 800 miles one way :sad:

looking forward to it, can't wait to meet some cachers from my home state. ;)

AWESOME. Aotearoa was a tremendous success. It was a brilliantly fine day, an absolutely perfect location and lots of great people to share it all with.

Awesome BBQ lunch - thanks Team Chelmo for your expertise on the BBQ. Not much trading went on, but there was a lot of admiration of peoples collections. And a large event cache (12L) that was full to the brim with travelers!!! (Largely thanks to Moneydorks raid of Brisbane travelers last weekend! :sad:)

We had a great turn out of cachers from all over - Dunedin, Oamaru, Greymouth, Timaru, Lower Hutt, Kapiti Coast, Christchurch and, of course, Ashburton. Also good to meet the NZ reviewers. :D

Also a big thanks to rchdlyn and Kiwi Nomad for their help with organisation, planning and execution of the event. Many hands make light work.

Also, a very big thanks for their generosity to the vendors: Landsharkz, Dorkfish Coins, World Caching, The Caching Place, Coins & Pins, Geoswag and Zork V. Plus to Team Chelmo for the additional items that were given away.

Plus a big thanks to the international coordinators (esp. Avroair) for their efforts in ensuring all event items were made and delivered on time and for helping with information and support in the individual events.

Hopefully I've not missed anyone out. Sorry if I have.

Roll on the next one!!

ETA - Oh, and I hope everyone else has as much of a great time as we all had down here!! I just realised - we were the only southern hemisphere event!! ;)

Edited by keewee

my trip will start at 4:30 am, and it will be about 800 miles one way :sad:

looking forward to it, can't wait to meet some cachers from my home state. ;)

WHOA...Now thats a trip! Good luck, drive safe...CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Geocoinfest is comming...Gotta finish stamping pennies now! (up to 350) :D

Edited by 007BigD

I'm almost ready to leave. Here in Michigan we have MiGO's Fall Fun Day first and then the GeocoinFest afterwards in the same place. One long and fun day!!! I had trouble sleeping too.

Have fun everyone!!

Getting ready to load the car & get outta dodge. Well all of 4 miles of driving anyway. :D

Have fun everyone - or hope you had fun!

Wow.. I bet Im the only person who slept in. LOL

Actually, overslept.

But, we had a fun night last night - dog track with Arthur & Trillian, and Vegas Gamblers! WHOO HOO! (No... didnt win a dang thing!)

But - now the day will be spent wrapping up our preparations for the event!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived last night in Red deer last night at 1:00AM, that is about 5 hours from home in the Hat.

We never did get a few things, the parcel sent by the Caching Place on September 26th never made it, the envelope sent by Groundspeak on the 24 or 25th never made it. Mark sent thank you coins by First Class Air Mail on September 28th, they arrived yesterday at 2:00 just before we left, they are beautiful Mark , thanks.

It is cool and the day looks like it will stay that way.

We have 51 pre-registered attendees

We are expecting around 80 people.

We have 110 Trackables in the Event

We have a large Community Hall rented, lots of free snacks and lots of free drinks.

We have a great t-shirt (black on gold)

We have a great sling pack (gold on black)

The t-shirts and sling packs were ready for pickup at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

I think we are in a postal backwater in Medicine Hat.

We got a lot of great donations and we are expecting geocachers from all over Alberta.

We have a Coinerval planned, 4 simple games with a chance to win a geocoin in every game.

We have two prize draws planned ,one for everyone and one for pre-registered attendees, the pre-registered attendees have a chance to win one of two new unactivated 200 Australia Geocoins.

Thanks to Chris and Helen for the quick delivery on the Event coins.

The organizers wil have to wait for t-shirts!

Stuff will probably arrive next week after the event, I will be able to gift some other Alberta Event. :D

I am going to call Nika05, the man on the ground in Red Deer, after I have some coffee and breakfast.

Have fun everyone.

Edited by wavector

Here in The netherlands the Dutch Geocoin fest event just finished. A very relaxed gathering of geocoinmaniacs. The event location was great. A nice restaurant in the centre of Holland surrounded by old forrests. Thers was also a sort of nordic-walking event taking place here.

Well, now time to sort all the new coins out and activate them all and putting them in binders, phew there goes my free sunday :D

Thanks everybody for organising this great event.

Wow!

We now have 61 'will attends' and are expecting over 120 people.

We have 168 Trackables logged in - with some of our own not logged yet.

Great raffle prizes - a pic of some of them below. (We will get another pic tonight when its all set up!)

Only a few hours remain before the big event! Whoooo Hooooo!

We will post a link with photos later!

GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!

GCFdonations.jpg

Wow!

We now have 61 'will attends' and are expecting over 120 people.

We have 168 Trackables logged in - with some of our own not logged yet.

Great raffle prizes - a pic of some of them below. (We will get another pic tonight when its all set up!)

Only a few hours remain before the big event! Whoooo Hooooo!

We will post a link with photos later!

GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!

GCFdonations.jpg

Whoooo hoooooo we are getting ready to leave.......FOR WORK :D

Well have fun everyone can't wait for the pics and stories.

Let me be the first to say that Anthus threw a rockin' shindig, baby! GeocoinFest Pennsylvania was an absolute blast, with John and Stacy deserving a round of applause for their rhinestone-stuffed efforts! I mean, who else could've managed to book THE KING!?!?!?

theking.jpg

Thanks to everyone who attended and made this such a fun event. I had a great time sharing stories of "the old days" with some of the new collectors. May you find as much enthusiasm in this fun hobby as I have over the years. Long live geocoins, and long live THE KING!!!

Thankya. Thankyaverymuch.

Yime

AWESOME. Aotearoa was a tremendous success. It was a brilliantly fine day, an absolutely perfect location and lots of great people to share it all with.

Yes, we had fun - and there were heaps of coins disocvered. WIth the swag that was donated as above, everyone took something away from the day - including the memory.

A quick note to post a photo of the event - one of the warmest days so far this year as we emerge from Winter.... as was fitting.

url=http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/c24c4d74-ed7d-4679-b685-7e21b763bd2b.jpg]http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/c24c4d...e21b763bd2b.jpg[/url]

Edited by rchdlyn

Yes, we had fun - and there were heaps of coins disocvered. WIth the swag that was donated as above, everyone took something away from the day - including the memory.

A quick note to post a photo of the event - one of the warmest days so far this year as we emerge from Winter.... as was fitting.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/c24c4d...e21b763bd2b.jpg

c24c4d74-ed7d-4679-b685-7e21b763bd2b.jpg

Photo was of when they were all off doing the event multi?

Edited by keewee

We're heading off to the last officially scheduled event. :D Sounds like all the others went well, full report after y'all have gone to bed!

Aloha,

Have a great time! I see some of my coins have been dropped into the event so I'm looking forward to seeing people discover them.

We had, just as an estimate around 90 - 100 people in North Carolina. Lots of coins flying back and forth and first and foremost the launching of the Hippie Bus race to Sacramento. It was glorious as all of the old jalopies smoked out of the Jordan Lake Educational State Park. Talk about pollution but it was a blast on this gorgeous day. Thanks dflye and creacher.

We had a great event. A big thanks goes out to AG for all her hard work she did in making the event perfect. Also thanks to Avroair for his work in organizing the worldwide events.

I tried to count our attendance when I was calling raffle numbers, I counted 58 people and I know at least 7 were outside and some more were next door at the coffee shop. Then we had several late comers that I did not count.

So 70 is about right for our event!! It was a big success.

We had a great turnout at the PA event -- 65 people on the sign in sheet and an appearance by the KING himself -- woot! Lots of bling, bling and lots of fun. Cannot wait to do it all over again. I want to thanks everyone who came and those that donated the generous prizes.

I'm exhausted and will post some photos tomorrow night.

Edited the attendance amout and I was obviously too tired to count right last night and shorted our attendance. lol

Edited by Anthus

We had, just as an estimate around 90 - 100 people in North Carolina. Lots of coins flying back and forth and first and foremost the launching of the Hippie Bus race to Sacramento. It was glorious as all of the old jalopies smoked out of the Jordan Lake Educational State Park. Talk about pollution but it was a blast on this gorgeous day. Thanks dflye and creacher.

^ what he said :D thanks horsegeeks (and others) for trading!

We had an awesome time in New Jersey. The weather was awesome! 12 caches in the park, and lots of hiking. Had 74 registered teams and probably more since kids and spouses weren't signed in - closer to 90. Sold out of the event coins really quickly and the grab bags were a hit too! Managed to make a few trades.

Did a quick estimate and we probably about $30,000 worth of geocoins there! And the company was far more valuable... cachers from Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Connecticut, Minnesota, Hawaii, Ohio and Pennslyvania! 9 states represented!

:D

So do we get to go mega is combined the fests had 2500 people? :D:D:)

Guess what showed up at Idaho's AWESOME event???

Someone had a sample of a new mystery coin (remember the Great Pumpkin?????)

AND Damenace had samples of his upcoming lenticular lens coin.

That coin for is going to be funny and beautiful at the same time !!!

Edited by Toojin & Bart

Wow can't believe all the events (including ours) are over soon. We had a great time and I think everyone else did too. :D We had cachers fly in from New Jersey, South Dakota, Georgia, and Maui, including kids we had over 50 people there. The event coins sold out fast and I had to guard our black nickel one. I even got a bit of trading in.

And Avroair, it was so good of you to send PTK to our event, did you send someone from NJ to each event? :D He now knows the secret of the Geohana Raffle!

jrr

Oh and we got to see pictures of Tiki stacker art. :D

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

Sounds like there were some great events, congrat's all. I hope some of you post some more pictures for the 'rest' of us.

~tsun :)

Just go to the event pages and click on "gallery." Here's the link to the bookmark list for all events: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...6e-bc1530c25940

Thanks for that link AG! There were some great pics posted at the events, looks like some fun times were had by many.

Whew! What a night!

Our event was a BLAST - we packed the place, and ended up with more attendees than expected.

Everything went wonderfully, everyone had a great time, and all went off without a hitch!

We had 70 entries in our logbook, with over 120 people attending.

Thanks to Arthur & Trillian for the photos - I brought a camera but was too busy to use it!

He managed to get some good pics of the event, and we are thankful someone did - it was pretty hectic all night!

Heres a link of some of the photos - I will get around to labeling them later!

GeocoinFest Multi Event Kenosha WI

Wow.. we need to do this again next year!

Our raffle was a success as well, we gave away TWO GPS's Gift Cards, Gift Baskets, over 50 Geocoins, and much more. We were able to make a nice donation to the local Boy Scout Troop (Whos Scout Master is a local cacher!)

So.. heres to GeocoinFest Multi Events 2008!!!

I'm hoping for a single location in the Fall of 2008 like avroair has planned :)

I am hoping the Alberta organizers can be convinced to make a bid to hold the 2008 GeocoinFest event here in Alberta. We would love to see geocachers from everwhere come and visit us in Wild Rose Country. Our Multi event was a great success, we had geocachers from all over Alberta show up at our event. We had a lot of laughs, we gave away a lot of prizes, we had some great donations and we had a lot of people who really just pitched in and made it all go really well.

Lemon Fresh Dog never made it and another one of our organizers, peanutbutterbreadandjam, never made it either, that was the only thing that went wrong, everything else was great.

The Montreal event went well! :P:) What a great night. So many new faces as well as old. Was fun to see everyone. Thank you Avroair for all your hard work helping to coordinate all these events!! And thanks to Landsharkz too for the event coins and everything. I hope that these mutli events will be a yearly occurrence. Here's a link to a group photo taken at our event last night by Dr Ts:

Geocoinfest Montreal

We had a great time in Nova Scotia! 43 teams signed the log book, so probably around 50ish people passed through. The only thing that could have gone better was if I'd ordered more event coins for people who missed the presale; I only got a few extra and probably could have sold 3 times what I had. But overall things went smoothly, feedback was positive, and now I'm thinking about how the next one can be made even better!

Thanks to Avroair for all his work on organizing (and my black nickel organizer coin :) ), the Caching Place for their unexpected package, and Landsharkz for the donations they made to the door prizes! I hope this becomes an annual multi-event!

Here are our local event coins (non-trackable).

Front (The Burgundy w/glitter is an LE, Purple w/glitter is attendee only, black glitter w/glow is for anyone)

samplesback.jpg

Back

samplesfront.jpg

We also had matching pins (minus the cute little waving potato that's in the middle of the coin). Upon close inspection of the coin, I noticed the potato is recessed metal (Ant. Copper). We initially thought they were just going to print the picture on there. It's pretty neat!

I'll come back later to write about how the event went.. I'm still trying to recooperate from the eventful day :)