GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

I am making quarter-sized flyers with:

Geocoin Etiquette --- what to do when you find a coin in cache (various scenarios)

Geocoin History --- brief year by year story

What to Expect Minting a Coin --- some terminology and generic pricing

Can anyone thing of a fourth, I have em as a PDF if anyone wants me to mail it to them to print for their event. :shocked:

I'd like to have the PDF emailed to me.

Maybe a 4th one on where to find information on geocoins (i.e. forums, coin trading web sites, blogs, master lists, etc). Kind of a list of web links.

Thanks for sharing this with us....Anthus

I'd like the list too please.

I was just going to post something similar to waht Anthus said. At least links to let them know where they can, uhm, talk about geocoins. :shocked:

Or something on the idea of trackable vs. non-trackable - one can make a coin withoutit being trackable. That coins are signature items and should reflect the person if making a personal. Unless you are including that in the history section.

I am making quarter-sized flyers with:

Geocoin Etiquette --- what to do when you find a coin in cache (various scenarios)

Geocoin History --- brief year by year story

What to Expect Minting a Coin --- some terminology and generic pricing

Can anyone thing of a fourth, I have em as a PDF if anyone wants me to mail it to them to print for their event. :shocked:

I'd like those too.... :o

Put me down for copies of the docs as well! And I'll take the super-sized jumbo version, my cable modem needs a workout! :shocked:

You evil, evil gloating person! You owe me a pity coin. I call. :o

Check your inbox, you might have some adoption papers to sign for a slow-mo racer! :o:D

Check your inbox, you might have some adoption papers to sign for a slow-mo racer! :o:shocked:
Now see... that was awfully nice!

I'm not quite as bitter over your high speed. (DSL envy)

What a cool thing - takes away some of the sting of waiting 5 minutes to load a page......

Thank you VERY much! :o:):DB):)

Hope you aren't squeamish about piercings, as your brand-spanking new racer is about to get drilled to make it possible to attach the various racer tags. :D

Check your inbox, you might have some adoption papers to sign for a slow-mo racer! :drama::yikes:

What a cool thing - takes away some of the sting of waiting 5 minutes to load a page......

Thank you VERY much! :anicute::anicute::anicute::drama::drama:

Hope you aren't squeamish about piercings, as your brand-spanking new racer is about to get drilled to make it possible to attach the various racer tags. :laughing:

Believe me...CB isn't squeamish about much. :drama::yikes:

Edited by Arthur & Trillian
Check your inbox, you might have some adoption papers to sign for a slow-mo racer! :anicute::yikes:

Thank you VERY much! :anicute::anicute::drama::drama::drama:

Hope you aren't squeamish about piercings, as your brand-spanking new racer is about to get drilled to make it possible to attach the various racer tags. :laughing:

Believe me...CB isn't squeamish about much. :drama::yikes:

:yikes: Event site is super - restaurant very accomodating and happy to have us

:anicute: Weather forecast is great at an unseasonably 77°F - very warm for us this time of the year!

:anicute: 1 of 24 events...

:anicute: 35 pre-registered

:laughing: 30 watchers

:yikes: 79 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:drama: 257 miles from the next nearest event (NJ neighbors)

:drama: 2 Temp caches (restaurant owns 6 acres around them - woot!)

:drama: 1 Very happy little Anthus excited to hang out with a Dragon again

:drama: What I believe is the first geoEvent for Somerset, PA

:yikes: Awesome contests with no cover charge (Geopoker run; Geocoin Trivia; What's in the Giant Ammo Box)

:yikes: Awesome kids crafts

:cool: Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

....Anthus

PS. Shirts arrived today -- Holy cow those shirts are humongous!

Thanks for the 4 musketeers coin Avroair.

PSS. Very, very cool site BRoKeN W!!

I was very excited when I saw that there was going to be Geocoinfest events around the country, then I saw that there was one in PA close to my drive route to & from State College... I thought this is great on my way home on Sunday I can attend the event!!!! Stupid me... the event is on Saturday......sorry to say that my primary passion of Penn State Football wins out, so I will not be attending this year. I was excited about meeting some of the people that I have traded and emailed with in the past.

Have a great time at the events... I am hoping that my day ends up with a WIN against Iowa!!!

PSU Fan

The night cache that is based around our event location has just been published :yikes:

Welcome to the Magical, Mythical Mystery Cache....

One of the local caching / coining / event "pros" around here just placed 5 new caches out by the park where the NC event will be held! :yikes:

Of course, now this means I have to get up even earlier so I can drop a few unactivated GCF NC coins before the event (wait, that implies I actually get to sleep tomorrow night, fat chance of that! :laughing: )

Thanks horsegeeks!!

:drama: the event site is looking AWESOME!

meridian.jpg

:yikes: the weather forecast is sunny, but could be warmer!

:yikes: 1 of 24 events...

:anicute: 42 will attend logs (not everyone has logged yet :yikes: )

:anicute: 120 + people expected to attend

:anicute: 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:drama: No idea how many miles will be traveled by attendees :laughing:

:drama: 366 miles to the next nearest event (Oregon)

:drama: Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

WOW! I want to go to Idaho! :yikes:

meridian.jpg

:anicute: 1 of 24 events...

:drama: 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:yikes: Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

I think that I would need to use my GPS to get thru that maze! :yikes:

:laughing: Event site is super - restaurant very accomodating and happy to have us

:drama: Weather forecast is great at an unseasonably 77°F - very warm for us this time of the year!

:yikes: 35 pre-registered

:anicute: 30 watchers

:anicute: 79 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:cool: 257 miles from the next nearest event (NJ neighbors)

:anicute: 2 Temp caches (restaurant owns 6 acres around them - woot!)

:cool: 1 Very happy little Anthus excited to hang out with a Dragon again

:drama: What I believe is the first geoEvent for Somerset, PA

:drama: Awesome contests with no cover charge (Geopoker run; Geocoin Trivia; What's in the Giant Ammo Box)

:drama: Awesome kids crafts

:yikes: Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

....Anthus

PS. Shirts arrived today -- Holy cow those shirts are humongous!

Thanks for the 4 musketeers coin Avroair.

PSS. Very, very cool site BRoKeN W!!

I was very excited when I saw that there was going to be Geocoinfest events around the country, then I saw that there was one in PA close to my drive route to & from State College... I thought this is great on my way home on Sunday I can attend the event!!!! Stupid me... the event is on Saturday......sorry to say that my primary passion of Penn State Football wins out, so I will not be attending this year. I was excited about meeting some of the people that I have traded and emailed with in the past.

Have a great time at the events... I am hoping that my day ends up with a WIN against Iowa!!!

PSU Fan

Sorry you are not able to come. We would have loved to have you at the event and it would have been nice to meet you. I think we are something like 2 hours or so from State College. The game isn't until 3:30 -- pleanty of time to attend both. You can come to the event at 11:00 stay until 1:00 and leave for State College :yikes:

...Anthus

Or a reallllly long piece of string! :laughing:

I conquered the maize a couple of days ago & took my gps :yikes: I had to go out to find the perfect location to hide the caches that we are placing inside the maize for other cachers to find & win geocoins. Got lost a few times, but it sure was fun in the dark :anicute: Can't wait to go back in just two days!

meridian.jpg

:anicute: 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:drama: Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

Boy, am I glad that I will be hitting the road in about 26 hours for the drive to Idaho, it should be fun :yikes: !

Or a reallllly long piece of string! :laughing:

I conquered the maize a couple of days ago & took my gps :yikes: I had to go out to find the perfect location to hide the caches that we are placing inside the maize for other cachers to find & win geocoins. Got lost a few times, but it sure was fun in the dark :anicute: Can't wait to go back in just two days!

22 hours to go and counting...

PSU Fan

Sorry you are not able to come. We would have loved to have you at the event and it would have been nice to meet you. I think we are something like 2 hours or so from State College. The game isn't until 3:30 -- pleanty of time to attend both. You can come to the event at 11:00 stay until 1:00 and leave for State College :sad:

...Anthus

That's cutting it too close for a PSU game. If it's anything like it used to be, best to be parked by noon or 1. If not, due to stadium traffic, he might miss some of the game.

PSU Fan

Sorry you are not able to come. We would have loved to have you at the event and it would have been nice to meet you. I think we are something like 2 hours or so from State College. The game isn't until 3:30 -- pleanty of time to attend both. You can come to the event at 11:00 stay until 1:00 and leave for State College :sad:

...Anthus

That's cutting it too close for a PSU game. If it's anything like it used to be, best to be parked by noon or 1. If not, due to stadium traffic, he might miss some of the game.

I was just kidding, hence the smiley

P.S. My hubby goes to PSU Online Campus, my sister-in-law graduated PSU a few years ago

PSU Fan

...Anthus

I was just kidding, hence the smiley

P.S. My hubby goes to PSU Online Campus, my sister-in-law graduated PSU a few years ago

Trust me, if there was a way that I could do both, I would. Being a HUGE College Football fan and love the PSU Tailgating, I will be parked by 10am with my beverage in hand. I will be sure to have a coin or 2 in my pocket as I will be thinking of the fun that you all will be having. :grin:

;) the event site is looking AWESOME!

meridian.jpg

:P the weather forecast is sunny, but could be warmer!

:( 1 of 24 events...

:sad: 42 will attend logs (not everyone has logged yet :P )

:grin: 120 + people expected to attend

:sad: 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:( No idea how many miles will be traveled by attendees :P

:P 366 miles to the next nearest event (Oregon)

:( Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

Sure wish I were close to Idaho so I could attend this event. That maze looks totally cool!!

Great job on the venue Kelly and Karma!

REALLY looking forward to the event tomorrow. I think I have spent the last two days getting my traders in order LOL

Do the event organizers have a lit of who ordered coins and prepaid or should I take my paypal receipt?

I was emailed a list a week or so ago for out event.

Well Saturday has dawned fine and sunny here in Aotearoa, or at least in Ashburton it has. Not a cloud in the spring sky. The wind is still with us, but we can live with that.

I had 2 new registrations late last night - one is travelling 3.5 hours to get here, the other is coming from Australia... although I suspect they are already in the country :sad:

Well over 300 trackables lodged, and a good number of those are travelers.

Here's to a great day! ;)

Less than 24 hours to go! Getting all the last minute details and what not together today. I feel like I am a chicken running around with my head cut off (not a pretty sight) ;)

Thanks for reminding me I need to bring my camera 57Chevy! Nice new avatar by the way. Is that you before coffee? :sad:

Now lets just hope I don't get lost in the maze and miss my own event! :D

Less than 24 hours to go! Getting all the last minute details and what not together today. I feel like I am a chicken running around with my head cut off (not a pretty sight) ;)

Thanks for reminding me I need to bring my camera 57Chevy! Nice new avatar by the way. Is that you before coffee? :sad:

Now lets just hope I don't get lost in the maze and miss my own event! :D

Kelly I feel your pain. I too am a headless fowl. The week got away from me and now trying to get it all done in between placing caches (and ewww it rained so much last night it is muddy - ick) piano lessons and a soccer game today. Yikes.

By tomorrow this time all will be well. I hope! :lol:

Oh and it feels like summer here. Hot & Humid. Next week it will probably snow!

Less than 24 hours to go! Getting all the last minute details and what not together today. I feel like I am a chicken running around with my head cut off (not a pretty sight) :D

Thanks for reminding me I need to bring my camera 57Chevy! Nice new avatar by the way. Is that you before coffee? ;)

Now lets just hope I don't get lost in the maze and miss my own event! :lol:

Kelly I feel your pain. I too am a headless fowl. The week got away from me and now trying to get it all done in between placing caches (and ewww it rained so much last night it is muddy - ick) piano lessons and a soccer game today. Yikes.

By tomorrow this time all will be well. I hope! :sad:

Oh and it feels like summer here. Hot & Humid. Next week it will probably snow!

I am all set, and everyone 'no worries' when the shiny things come out no one will pay attention to what's going on around them anyways! Ooo shiny! :sad:

[.... Gameboy charged ;) [/size]

:D The girls' gameboys are charging too -- Katlyn lost her charger so it's in the car charging :sad:

I have everything ready, all packed up to go. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything. Wish I had more time to organize my binder. Oh well.

I'm so excited I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

....Anthus

Just brainstorming for the event....nothing like waiting till the last hours, huh?

Came up with this idea tonight for a coin trade:

There will be a "White Elephant Coin Exchange"...

Add a coin to the bucket inside an envelope with your name on it.

We pick an envelope with your name, set it aside and you get to grab another envelope.

We put your envelope back into the mix.

That way, everyone gets to trade a coin without prejudice, and you will never get the coin you added to the grab bag.

Sound like fun?...I'm hoping it will be.

GEOCOINFEST HERE WE COME!...OK Well at least Ill be there...Unless there is some sort of drastic event that takes place seperating the Bay area from me!

Cant wait...The last Geocoinfest was over 400 miles away from me and I still made it, despite me even being a new cacher for less than 3 months at the time!

This one is still over 150 miles away and will be a bunch of driving in a day...But should be well worth it! Mmmmmm...Lasagna!