GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

Since we are having a game of GeoBingo at our event (N. Calif), we minted a geocoin for the event. Are there other event specific geocoins and if so would you be interested in trading for ours?

--Marky

We had a coin minted for our event. If there are any left over afterwards and I have some extra, I'll trade with you. :D

Since we are having a game of GeoBingo at our event (N. Calif), we minted a geocoin for the event. Are there other event specific geocoins and if so would you be interested in trading for ours?

--Marky

Would love to hear more about how the game will be run. I read something on it but just wanted to see if it is the same idea. I like!

No extra event coin here though wanted to. Doing this on my own so have to watch epxenses. :D Trade something else?

--Marky

We are doing a Geocoin Bingo game too! And we are having our own coin! If you don't get it from someone else, I'd love to trade you!

--Marky

Would love to hear more about how the game will be run. I read something on it but just wanted to see if it is the same idea. I like!

I think everyone will use the same coin for BINGO. This way, everyone wins at the same time. All Winners :D

I would love to know how the GeoBingo works - could someone send me details please. Also, how do the poker tournaments work - I think there was a thread with details - anyone have a link to it. Thanks.

I'd like to see this too. This could be probably be played at any event for regular prizes.

We've also done a poker run at events that could translate well to this one with coins as prizes. It was very popular at our last event.

--Marky

We had a PA specific event coin made. It's of our state symbol - the keystone. You can check it out on the PA geocoinfest event page (in siggy below). Only 35 blue; 35 yellow; and 30 pink :huh:

YAY! Aoetearoa Event coins have arrived. Doing happy dance...

:huh:

Sweet! Those were the ones we were sweating over! Bet the t-shirts don't make it in time lol! They were mailed today along with the other international folks ones, and also people who needed coins from me (moustik, gpx nav and sillygirl). The BN coins are being mailed tomorrow since I didn't see a need to have them there actually at the event.

9 days!

Sweet! Those were the ones we were sweating over! Bet the t-shirts don't make it in time lol! They were mailed today along with the other international folks ones, and also people who needed coins from me (moustik, gpx nav and sillygirl). The BN coins are being mailed tomorrow since I didn't see a need to have them there actually at the event.

9 days!

Avroair, Have you also gotten the donations from Groundspeak to send out to all the events? I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks....Anthus

9 days!

Tell me about it!! I was quite worried about them.. But, never fear - they are here. And they arrived in less than a week - it was only 6 days since I was talking to Helen about it! (And it saved a small fortune) :huh:

So the T-shirts may *just* make it :D

Thans for your help with all this.

--Marky

We had a coin minted for our event. If there are any left over afterwards and I have some extra, I'll trade with you. :huh:

I grabbed some of the ID coins from Karma's site last night. They look really nice!

Answer to S Q of the D: Yes, it is criminal to work, so quit now!

Got coins and list. Got activation codes for them but none will activate. But they are very pretty. MOKAN! Only 60 made.

Just got an email from Rothstafari...all coins will have a common code in lieu of the random codes we are still getting from LandsharkZ. I don't want to give out the code in public...email me.

Got coins and list. Got activation codes for them but none will activate. But they are very pretty. MOKAN! Only 60 made.

Just got an email from Rothstafari...all coins will have a common code in lieu of the random codes we are still getting from LandsharkZ. I don't want to give out the code in public...email me.

E-mail sent. Thanks Go JayBee!

Got an awesome package from New Jersey today...

The Organizer Tees are very cool, and the very special BN Event Coins are really nice....thanx avroair

What are the smaller trolley coins? Are they to give credit to the "original" organizers: Avroair, Marky, HJNielsen, and Nielsenc ?

Here's wishing the best of success with all of the Events.... :)

Our event is going to be a lot of fun!

We had a pre-registration and we have 50+ geocaching teams pre-registered and we have many Will Attends. Instead of a Bingo game or a Poker Tournament I have set up a Coinerval (Carnival) so that even the kids can play games and win geocoins.

The Coinerval will just be some really simple games that are played with geocaching items like real geocoins and rare earth magnets. The head to head competitors are playing for a geocoin pot which they create by entering the competition (2 geocoin entry fee), they can't win geocoins in the games but they are the only ones who can win the kaboodle.

The Coinerval was an idea born out of a large geocoin donation from an Alberta geocaching group. GAS donated 50 new unactivated Albertosaurus geocoins to our multi event and rather than just sell them for the much needed money we are going to let players play Coinerval games for an additional chance to win one of the coins. Everyone can play any Coinerval game for a chance to WIN a geocoin by paying a nominal fee of a dollar per play. If a person plays eight times they will get an Albertosaurus geocoin so for their eight dollars they actually get eight more chances to win a geocoin, it is a fund raiser and a fun raiser all in one.

The games are silly and SIMPLE. One game is called Rollaround. We are going to set up a long skinny square table and place a box on the floor at one end of the table, players will roll a geocoin down the table and it will hopefully fall into the box and land in one of the many smaller boxes that form a mosaic across the bottom of the big box, the small boxes will offer points or a geocoin, the smallest boxes are the high scores. This game is not a skill test, it is a game of chance. :(

I made a giant steel geocoin and painted it gold and added our local logo, it also has a real CF tracking code on it! The CF prefix was used by Oakcoins for the original GeocoinFest Attendees Geocoin in Temecula. One side of the giant coin has the local logo and the tracking code and the other side is a target, players will simply toss a rare earth magnet at the side with the target and where it sticks it sticks, I got this idea from tossing rare earth magnets at my fridge. Only a geocacher would be sitting in the kitchen tossing around spare rare earth magnets. :o

It has been a steady amount of work for awhile and people contributing time and energy have been tremendous. A tip of the hat to avroair and a big thank you to the all the people in our local group GWG (Alberta) who have made it happen with a special nod to Nika05, our man on the ground in Red Deer, Alberta. I also want to add a big thank you to KappaAlpha Team for the website, the logo design and the working systems, thanks David.

We don't get many chances to have Province-wide events in Alberta. This Multi Event is attracting geocachers from all over Alberta, it knits our disparate groups together for a day and for awhile, just as this event knits us together all over the world, geocoins are a vital part of our activity.

Did we pick a date for next year yet? :ph34r:

The Texas event is coming together. We will be having a coin Texas style. ae3c0e95-677e-4497-99aa-3a801bd7b758.jpg

We have bingo planned and also a fun game of Geo-Sqaures. It will be played like Hollywood squares with some of the best in Texas. I mean with a top cacher named Geo Dee in center sqaure, how can you go wrong? It should be great fun!

THen of course plenty of time to look over all those collections. It is going to be a fun day!

The Texas event is coming together. We will be having a coin Texas style. ae3c0e95-677e-4497-99aa-3a801bd7b758.jpg

We have bingo planned and also a fun game of Geo-Sqaures. It will be played like Hollywood squares with some of the best in Texas. I mean with a top cacher named Geo Dee in center sqaure, how can you go wrong? It should be great fun!

THen of course plenty of time to look over all those collections. It is going to be a fun day!

Boy those are cool coins! LOL

Anybody want to trade?

Boy those are cool coins! LOL

Anybody want to trade?

They are very cool!! I'd be interested in a trade also please, if any are happening. :)

Awesome - the T-shirts arrived today :D I'm very happy - they are awesome.

:) Well... just over 48 hours to go here...

:) the event site is looking really good

:laughing: the weather forecast is not pretty

:) but who cares - the company is going to be great!

:lol: 1 of 24 events...

:P 22 registered caching teams (so far)

:P 50 awesome people expected

:D 176 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (many, many more to come)

:D 1000's of miles being traveled by people to get there

:D 7877km from the next nearest event (Aloha Hawaii!!)

Im going to use keewees format!

:D the event site is looking GREAT

:laughing: the weather forecast doesnt matter!

:lol: 1 of 24 events...

:P 51 registered caching teams (so far)

:D 90+ awesome people expected

:D 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:D 100's of miles being traveled by people to get there :P

:) 228 miles from the next nearest event (Aloha... ? um Michigan!!)

:) Totally cool raffle 'stuff' for attendees!

Thanks keewee!!!!

In that case :lol:

:P the event site is looking GREAT

:D the weather forecast is perfect for this time of year

:P 1 of 24 events...

:) 28 registered caching teams

:D 50+ awesome people attending

:laughing: 18 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:D 100's of kilometers being traveled by people to get there

:) 4953.4 km from the next nearest event (Halifax)

:D Awesome raffle 'stuff' for attendees!

Edited by KarelKraak

Thanks keewee!!!!

me 4!!! :):)

:D the event site is looking SWEET!

:D the weather forecast 82°F clouds and sun!

:laughing: 1 of 24 events...

:D who pre-registers?

:lol: 23 watchers

:P 91 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:P 4968 miles being traveled by people to get there :) (Honolulu to New Jersey!)

:D 328 miles from the next nearest event (Pennslyvania neighbors)

:D Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

50 goodie bags stacked with trackables for sale! :D

I believe the event site will be wonderful.

The weather forecast 83°F with scattered showers. No matter we're inside anyway!

1 of 24 events...

25 pre-registered, but my experience is that most don't.

18 watchers

27 trackables dropped into the event cache so far

1980 miles being traveled by people to get there (Las Vegas to Georgia)

330 miles from the next nearest event (Mississppi)

Tons of door prizes for attendees!

Thanks to cachingcoins for the additional huge box of stuff that came today too!

:D the event site is looking AWESOME!

meridian.jpg

:D the weather forecast is sunny, but could be warmer!

:laughing: 1 of 24 events...

:) 42 will attend logs (not everyone has logged yet :) )

:lol: 120 + people expected to attend

:P 54 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:P No idea how many miles will be traveled by attendees :)

:D 366 miles to the next nearest event (Oregon)

:D Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

:o Event site is super - restaurant very accomodating and happy to have us

:D Weather forecast is great at an unseasonably 77°F - very warm for us this time of the year!

:o 1 of 24 events...

:D 35 pre-registered

:shocked: 30 watchers

:D 79 trackables dropped into the event cache so far (more to come)

:D 257 miles from the next nearest event (NJ neighbors)

:) 2 Temp caches (restaurant owns 6 acres around them - woot!)

:D 1 Very happy little Anthus excited to hang out with a Dragon again

B) What I believe is the first geoEvent for Somerset, PA

:) Awesome contests with no cover charge (Geopoker run; Geocoin Trivia; What's in the Giant Ammo Box)

:D Awesome kids crafts

B) Totally cool door prizes for attendees!

....Anthus

PS. Shirts arrived today -- Holy cow those shirts are humongous!

Thanks for the 4 musketeers coin Avroair.

PSS. Very, very cool site BRoKeN W!!

:o 257 miles from the next nearest event (NJ neighbors)

Unfortunately some @!^&@*& posted an event the same day as our event about 20 / 30 miles away. Thanks buddy. :shocked:

I think ours will be better attended but I wish he could have picked a different day... Sunday for example.

I am making quarter-sized flyers with:

Geocoin Etiquette --- what to do when you find a coin in cache (various scenarios)

Geocoin History --- brief year by year story

What to Expect Minting a Coin --- some terminology and generic pricing

Can anyone thing of a fourth, I have em as a PDF if anyone wants me to mail it to them to print for their event. :shocked: