GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

Is there an Event in Virginia? We were going to go to either the PA or NC event but we would rather go to one here in Va if there is going to be one?

Originally there was to be one in the Bristol area, but the sponsor was unable to make it work out. :P

So, with that being said, c'mon down to the NC event, we would LOVE to see you there! B)

Is there an Event in Virginia? We were going to go to either the PA or NC event but we would rather go to one here in Va if there is going to be one?

Originally there was to be one in the Bristol area, but the sponsor was unable to make it work out. :P

So, with that being said, c'mon down to the NC event, we would LOVE to see you there! B)

You're more than welcome to come to the PA event...I can't wait!

Heather came home from school today with a b-day party invitation...wanna guess when? Yup, same day as the event. She is not going to be happy to hear that she cannot go. Anyone what to tell her for me?

Originally there was to be one in the Bristol area, but the sponsor was unable to make it work out. B)

So, with that being said, c'mon down to the NC event, we would LOVE to see you there! :P

Heather came home from school today with a b-day party invitation...wanna guess when? Yup, same day as the event. She is not going to be happy to hear that she cannot go. Anyone what to tell her for me?

I'll have Jamie break it to her. And then you can have Heather tell her that she has a soccer tournament that weekend. So does her brother. We need to learn a quick science lesson of how to split one parent into 3 parts. Send your chem & biology experiments to me asap. B)B)

Edited by GPX Navigators

Originally there was to be one in the Bristol area, but the sponsor was unable to make it work out. B)

So, with that being said, c'mon down to the NC event, we would LOVE to see you there! :)

I'll have Jamie break it to her. And then you can have Heather tell her that she has a soccer tournament that weekend. So does her brother. We need to learn a quick science lesson of how to split one parent into 3 parts. Send your chem & biology experiments to me asap. B):P

ROFL! Mrs Avroair wants to go leaf peeping that weekend, figured I would just toss her in the compost heap and call it even. B)B)B)

You are more than welcome to join us at the PA event!! <_<

Originally there was to be one in the Bristol area, but the sponsor was unable to make it work out. <_<

So, with that being said, c'mon down to the NC event, we would LOVE to see you there! :anitongue:

Oh no. Heather's so cute. I don't think I could possibly tell her no. <_<

Definitely not going to drop my collection into the event cache, I'd never get them all logged out again!

Between myself and another local prolific collector, should have about 1500 trackable coins available to discover and some large number of non-trackable coins to view. I'm sure there will be many other collections of various sizes available to discover, just have to get past "Bubba" the geocoin bouncer if you want to look at someone else's coins in the coin discovery section of the event! :anitongue:

Now where did I put that velvet rope... <_<

You people are missing the point.

there are NO coins in a lot of these events, how about even 1 coin, maybe if your state has a coin or something like that.

Just an observation. it just seems wrong for a geocoin event listing not to have any coins listed in it.

Actually here in Michigan we have a few other events scheduled BEFORE this one and my coins would be dropped into those first. Maybe that is true for other locations as well.

I know that in the Aotearoa event there are quite a few from collections, but there are also some that are being released at the event for people to take away and place into caches. And I have a pile more here that this will be happening to.

If anyone would like coins released into the wild here in New Zealand at the GCF event, feel free to sent them to me - I'm more than happy to grab them and drop em into the event cache :blink:

I challenge everyone to drop a coin into their local event cache for someone else to take away from the event and release elsewhere.

there are NO coins in a lot of these events, how about even 1 coin, maybe if your state has a coin or something like that.

Just an observation. it just seems wrong for a geocoin event listing not to have any coins listed in it.

I'm not missing the point. I'm just not dropping mine in there.

But mine isn't one of the events that doesn't have any.

I will send out travelers, but probably won't drop them into the event until a couple days before the event.

Give it time !!!

I dropped a few of the traveling coins I had into other events that I attened and will attend before the multicoin event. One event was the Burning Micro III event last week where my colection and traveling coins that I picked up was logged into and I also grabbed a few of the coins from that event.Also some of the other travelings coins that I picked up were droped into the OVGEO Monthly Meet & Greet and after that event I should be able to drop a few more traveling coins into the PA event.Why drop a traveling coin and or your collection into an event weeks before it happens ? When they can still travel and get to other events - caches before the event happens? I am sure there will be plenty of coins at all of the events the day of the events.Just look at the PA event now there were at least 9 coins and my coin collection dropped into this event before your post :) Now that it's 2 weeeks away there are a lot of coins in the cache

I agree with you Nero.

A full month before the event I thought it needed to show some coins as being in it and picked out a handful of my coins that have unique icons and them in.

After all it IS a coin event! :)

I will be dropping mine in a couple days before hand. :laughing: The event coins are shipping from China today. :)

Thats going to be tight. Fingers crossed for no shipping delays.

Correction: The event coins were in Port Angeles yesterday. :P Should be shipped first thing this morning.

The mint's original ready date to ship from Hong Kong was September 21st (yup, today). After some creative praise and persuasion, we managed to bump that up a few days :P . The coins left Hong Kong on the 18th and arrived in Port Angeles yesterday morning. I went over, inspected them and left them with our center to ship. By 5pm yesterday I believe they were all back out the door again. The international are going by air and the rest should be in everyone's hands across the US by the middle to the end of next week.

When I got back to Victoria, lo and behold there was a shipment waiting for me - it was all the Canadian GCF coins.

We were really pleased to see that all our packing instructions had been understood and followed. Coins were packaged 'location' side out and individually boxed with the location name and quantity on a sticker on the outside of the box.

I will be dropping mine in a couple days before hand. :lol: The event coins are shipping from China today. :P

Thats going to be tight. Fingers crossed for no shipping delays.

Correction: The event coins were in Port Angeles yesterday. :lol: Should be shipped first thing this morning.

The mint's original ready date to ship from Hong Kong was September 21st (yup, today). After some creative praise and persuasion, we managed to bump that up a few days :P . The coins left Hong Kong on the 18th and arrived in Port Angeles yesterday morning. I went over, inspected them and left them with our center to ship. By 5pm yesterday I believe they were all back out the door again. The international are going by air and the rest should be in everyone's hands across the US by the middle to the end of next week.

When I got back to Victoria, lo and behold there was a shipment waiting for me - it was all the Canadian GCF coins.

We were really pleased to see that all our packing instructions had been understood and followed. Coins were packaged 'location' side out and individually boxed with the location name and quantity on a sticker on the outside of the box.

Awesome job Helen! Thanks for the phone call - it was really good to chat to you (even if it did cost me more money :lol:). I'm hoping I made the right decision on shipping :P

International shipping isn't too bad at the moment, just on or over a week. So I just hope the size/weight does come into play in that at all. I'm sure we'll be right.

PA Geocoinfest made front page of local news paper.

I received a phone call from the Somerset news paper last Thursday. Somehow they got our name from another person. They conducted an interview with me over the phone for a article they wanted to do on geocaching. He even knew we were having a event for geocoins and asked if he could mention it. Well, it's front page news in the paper today. <_<

...Anthus

No distributing and activating before the events! All organizers should be on their best behaviour! :P:D Hopefully, all the packages should be arriving with the organizers soon. Let us know here when they do.

Is that why I'm getting a "no match" when trying to activate a GeoCoinFest coin? Man...you got something on the frog....those Beefcake shots on the Lillypad musta worked, huh? :P

No distributing and activating before the events! All organizers should be on their best behaviour! :D:D Hopefully, all the packages should be arriving with the organizers soon. Let us know here when they do.

Received a heavy box full of N. Carolina coins today! :lol:

Also received an even heavier box full of N. California coins today! :D:laughing:

Working with Landsharkz to get the cali-coins headed back west. Hope Marky is ready to pay the ransom! :D