GeocoinFest Multi Events

avroair

I will be assisting sawblade5 in Kansas City and we will invite all Kansas and Missouri geocachers being on the border

Avroair is on vaction abroad until the 6th I believe. You might want to check out the geocoinfest.com forums, tho some of it may be confusing since we got into a cache approval snafu at one point. Basically if you check out any of the correctly named events in my bookmark list, I think you'll get an idea how to outline your event page and then the type of information that needs to be on an outside hosted page somewhere. You can also wait till Mark gets back too. Whichever you prefer.

Thanks Atlantagal. I have now read all the posts. Sounds like quite an ordeal. We will probably just copy your page if that is ok. Why reinvent the wheel. I sent Avroair a private email. Looks like we will need to get some coins ordered soon, probably 100 or so. We will probably call our event the MOKAN since KC is on the border and folks from both states will attend. We can draw around 80 to 100 for an event like this. People will come from Wichita and St Louis even. We had over 50 locals at breakfast yesterday on 2 weeks notice.

Is there a standard design available for a t shirt?

I *think* Mark was working on setting something up on Cafe Press, where you could buy on demand. Like I said, he'll be back shortly and can answer any questions. He originally wanted all the events online by the 6th, however, with the snafu, that deadline is probably pushed out at least a week. This stuff will move full speed ahead in the next few weeks now that his trip is over.

I know the cutoff for ordering coins is 8/21. He told me that in email the other day. People can purchase their own through that form and they'll be delivered to the event, and also the event coordinator can order some as well to resell at the event. There is no individual shipping on coins. They must be picked up or purchased at one of the events.

I *think* Mark was working on setting something up on Cafe Press, where you could buy on demand. Like I said, he'll be back shortly and can answer any questions. He originally wanted all the events online by the 6th, however, with the snafu, that deadline is probably pushed out at least a week. This stuff will move full speed ahead in the next few weeks now that his trip is over.

I know the cutoff for ordering coins is 8/21. He told me that in email the other day. People can purchase their own through that form and they'll be delivered to the event, and also the event coordinator can order some as well to resell at the event. There is no individual shipping on coins. They must be picked up or purchased at one of the events.

Sounds great. No need to reinvent. Next week we will line up a place, post the event and hopefully be off to the races. Just get the coins and shirts ordered before any deadlines and we should be in good shape. The rest is just normal event stuff.

Just wondering if this is Still a go for WA state? Haven't sen anything mentioned :D

I think Snowwolf75 is planning Washingtons. The last posts I've seen he's working on finding the right location to hold it. I'm hoping we can make this event..we've missed so many this summer due to working on the house and some other stuff, it'd be nice to get back out there!!

Edited by coreynjoey

I looked at the site to order the event coins but didn't see if they come in different finishes. Is there a different finish for each site so that we can buy a few extras and trade them up, as most on this forum like to do? I'd just like to know as it will help me gauge how many to order now.

Thanks!

I looked at the site to order the event coins but didn't see if they come in different finishes. Is there a different finish for each site so that we can buy a few extras and trade them up, as most on this forum like to do? I'd just like to know as it will help me gauge how many to order now.

Thanks!

Well this is a good point. I thought there would be different finished for each location. However after thinking about it there is not that many different metals to use for each location. I think I may need to change my pre-order coin quantities.

Thanks!

The event coin will only be in one metal. So it's the same for every event location. It's yet to be chosen.

Is it too late to sign up a location for this? When would be the latest I could? I was thinking we could do this 'down under'.

And could someone please send me a copy of the organiser notes - to my email address craig.elms@gmail.com. Thanks.

keewee

No but you will have to move fast! :blink:

Since nobody is stepping to the plate for So Cal...I will check a potential venue site tonight and see what I can do. If the one I have in mind doesn't work, I'll check the spot where had the GeocoinFest Poker tournament in Feb and see if I can work out the room.

Is it too late to sign up a location for this? When would be the latest I could? I was thinking we could do this 'down under'.

And could someone please send me a copy of the organiser notes - to my email address craig.elms@gmail.com. Thanks.

keewee

No but you will have to move fast! <_<

Since nobody is stepping to the plate for So Cal...I will check a potential venue site tonight and see what I can do. If the one I have in mind doesn't work, I'll check the spot where had the GeocoinFest Poker tournament in Feb and see if I can work out the room.

Good on ya! <_< Let me know if it works out.

How would we get on with shipping given our distance - would there likely be extra cost involved?

Edited by keewee

How would we get on with shipping given our distance - would there likely be extra cost involved?

Not sure, haven't worked out the details on the cafepress site yet. The coins ordered from your event will all be shipped to you by Landsharkz.

All the Geocoinfest events should be coming online within the next couple of days. So look for one in your areaish, kinda region... ;)

So far we have the following listed:

New Jersey

South Dakota

Wisconsin

Netherlands

British Columbia

Idaho

Oregon

North Carolina

New Zealand

Texas

Northern California (needs editing)

Georgia

MoKan (Missouri\Kansas)

Pennslyvania

Nova Scotia (needs editing)

Quebec

Waiting on... to be posted.

Montana, Virginia, Washington, Arizona, Mississippi, Indiana, Minnesota, Hawaii, Ohio

All the Geocoinfest events should be coming online within the next couple of days. So look for one in your areaish, kinda region... :lol:

So far we have the following listed:

New Zealand

Waiting on... to be posted.

Montana, Virginia, Washington, Arizona, Mississippi, Indiana, Minnesota, Hawaii, Ohio

New Zealand's not that far away :lol:

But seriously - anyone is welcome!!

I am submitting the Alberta Event today. I wil be getting in touch with avroair to order event coins very soon. We have a group of geocachers helping out and we have settled on a location midway between our two largest cities/geocaching groups.

The event will be - GeocoinFest Multi Event (Alberta) GC154QZ.

Southern California has been published.

Excellent! Glad the lower half of the state is covered! Now I need to figure out what to engrave on ours, since I can't just put California. Maybe "NorCal"? I also need to rename our event.

--Marky

:)

It would have been fun to come up with our own coin that had a top half and bottom half.

Maybe next time!

We just did one of those for New Jersey ~ South on one side and North on the other! :)

Events have been posted for:

Arizona, British Columbia, Northern California, Southern California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas\Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Netherlands, New Jersey, New Zealand, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Oregon, Pennslyvania, Quebec, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin. 22 events. :cool:

Events have been posted for:

Arizona, British Columbia, Northern California, Southern California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas\Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Netherlands, New Jersey, New Zealand, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Oregon, Pennslyvania, Quebec, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin. 22 events. :cool:

My BookMark List shows 23. Not sure which one you missed... alberta maybe?

Edited by AtlantaGal