Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Georgia --- AltantaGal (Parents of SAM)

Arizona --- Nero

Texas --- MustangJoni (mamacache)

Montana --- Tsunrisebay

Washington --- Snowwolf75

12 events so far. I will be formulating a list of (hopefully) helpful information to share with everyone. It will also include a time table. The plan would be to have them all on the same day. Since there are schedule conflicts in September, How does Oct 6 or 7th sound.

Don't see your state (or one nearby) up there shoot me an email if interested. :anicute:

UOTrackers asked to split the threads so I am starting this out here:

New Jersey --- Avroair

Illinois --- CinemaBoxers

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebay

12 events so far. I will be formulating a list of (hopefully) helpful information to share with everyone. It will also include a time table. The plan would be to have them all on the same day. Since there are schedule conflicts in September, How does Oct 6 or 7th sound.

Don't see your state (or one nearby) up there shoot me an email if interested. :anicute:

well, i may have less help, and the hubby wouldn't be able to attend on a 1st or 3rd weekend (kid weekends) but i *may* be able to do it by myself on that weekend... even the 2nd weekend in Oct. is out (Windy Rock event in KY)... that's why that last Saturday in September was ideal...

we'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks...

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebey

Don't see your state (or one nearby) up there shoot me an email if interested. :D

I have to laugh because I don't know how my name got on the Montana list, granted I was talking in one of the forums. I think it was Brian_Team A.I. who mentioned hosting an event in Billings (if I remember correctly). Besides, the Montana Grizzlies (college football) season is in full swing then and I can't miss a game (yes, football is more important to me....lol). When I'm not a full-time student anymore, would love to host an event (as long as it's not during football season :anicute:)

tsun

P.S. Brian, you were thinking of hosting in Billings or somewhere, right?

I don't see one listed for Missouri but Illinois (where exactly in IL anyway?) is close enough to St. Louis. I also have no clue what all needs to be done to organize such an event. :anicute: Otherwise I would be willing to host. Maybe next year... :anicute:

CF30

These events would be like low-key meet and greets for coin traders. You can get as involved as you would like. Over the weekend I will come up with an easy cheat sheet for events. I have one already for stuff that's more complicated than these. You can also team up with others in your area to help out.

Thanks 4damFam for volunteering for Indiana. :lol:

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebay

This is going to be a lot of fun!

I'm happy to host the PA one.

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebay

Don't see your state (or one nearby) up there shoot me an email if interested. :)

I'm in California (Southern California), so that's already covered, but I am curious about the coin vendors. At GeocoinFest 2007, it was really cool to meet all the vendors and coin prople in person. If all the events are held on the same day, won't they be spread a little thin?

I'm in California (Southern California), so that's already covered, but I am curious about the coin vendors. At GeocoinFest 2007, it was really cool to meet all the vendors and coin prople in person. If all the events are held on the same day, won't they be spread a little thin?

My guess is that they may opt to attend the event local to each of them. 2008 will include hopefully even more vendors than Temecula did since that one will be in a single location again. The micro event is more of a bridge event and more about the meet & greet/trade atmosphere.

Thanks Atlanta Gal. I had mistakenly thought these state events were some sort of a replacement for a major GeocoinFest. These smaller meet n greet sytle trade events sound really cool. :)

Since the interest was high, we figured we wanted to do something before the next Geocoinfest that was on a small enough scale so that sponsors wouldn't be required to pull it off. I'm guessing that the Calif event will probably top 100 attendees. Now I have to figure out where to hold it. B)

--Marky

Thanks Atlanta Gal. I had mistakenly thought these state events were some sort of a replacement for a major GeocoinFest. These smaller meet n greet sytle trade events sound really cool. :)

Since the interest was high, we figured we wanted to do something before the next Geocoinfest that was on a small enough scale so that sponsors wouldn't be required to pull it off. I'm guessing that the Calif event will probably top 100 attendees. Now I have to figure out where to hold it. B)

--Marky

Depending on how many other events popup nearby, I think we can get 80 or so people. We already have some TN and SC folks who are thinking of making the road trip to the Atlanta area.

Since the interest was high, we figured we wanted to do something before the next Geocoinfest that was on a small enough scale so that sponsors wouldn't be required to pull it off. I'm guessing that the Calif event will probably top 100 attendees. Now I have to figure out where to hold it. :D

--Marky

Depending on how many other events popup nearby, I think we can get 80 or so people. We already have some TN and SC folks who are thinking of making the road trip to the Atlanta area.

Well I got one person signed up for New Jersey, I am dragging dhenninger along. (just have to bribe him with cupcakes! ;) ). If anyone has any ideas share them in this thread, I am sure each event will be similar but not necessary exactly the same.

I was thinking of doing a logo competition just like we did for the last event then anyone who fancies themself a designer can design something. Personally, I was thinking of a 3 coin micro set gold, silver, copper, but that was just a thought and we are totally open to ideas.

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Sillygirl & JRR

Nor California --- Marky

So California --- tom4props

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Minnesota --- The Colector

New Jersey --- Avroair

Nor California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Minnesota --- The Colector

Well you got my name a little wrong for the minnesota one

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebey

Don't see your state (or one nearby) up there shoot me an email if interested. :D

I have to laugh because I don't know how my name got on the Montana list, granted I was talking in one of the forums. I think it was Brian_Team A.I. who mentioned hosting an event in Billings (if I remember correctly). Besides, the Montana Grizzlies (college football) season is in full swing then and I can't miss a game (yes, football is more important to me....lol). When I'm not a full-time student anymore, would love to host an event (as long as it's not during football season ;))

tsun

Yeah, I was looking at hosting one here, so I'm not sure why random names were put in place of the offers for hosting. On that note, Jake - Team A.I. was the one who told me about this event concept, and even offered to host an event himself with an outstanding location. I'm confused why Nero was listed as the Arizona contact for that one too. Was there a problem of some sort with some of the folks who offered to host?

Was there a problem of some sort with some of the folks who offered to host?

What happens at geocoinfest stays at geocoinfest.

Seriously though, I have no idea. Maybe some discussions were done via email. As you can see, some of the events are being co-hosted by multiple people. Maybe that is something you can look into.

--Marky

Yeah, I was looking at hosting one here, so I'm not sure why random names were put in place of the offers for hosting. On that note, Jake - Team A.I. was the one who told me about this event concept, and even offered to host an event himself with an outstanding location. I'm confused why Nero was listed as the Arizona contact for that one too. Was there a problem of some sort with some of the folks who offered to host?

Sorry, there were no discussions by email. I was rushing to do this, been busy with family staying at the house and mixed up some of the list with posts. Things in the forums happen in seconds while the rest of my life happens in days ;)

New Jersey --- Avroair

Nor California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Montana --- Brian A.I.

Arizona --- Jake A.I.

Minnesota --- The Collector

Netherlands --- karel kraak

Indiana --- 4damFam

My typing is bad so if a name kinda, sorta looks like yours then it is. :D

Ok, so now that you are the 'official' Montana person ;) I'll be at the Griz vs EWU game in Msla., so I won't be able to attend. I would be happy to donate some handmade items for swag and I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 3 coins (My geotag, Raiders of the Lost Cache-Staff of Ra, and one to be announced in May) to donate to the event. Drop me an email and we can discuss some items that I sell locally, for the event. ( tsunrisebey@yahoo.com )

tsun

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebey

I have to laugh because I don't know how my name got on the Montana list, granted I was talking in one of the forums. I think it was Brian_Team A.I. who mentioned hosting an event in Billings (if I remember correctly). Besides, the Montana Grizzlies (college football) season is in full swing then and I can't miss a game (yes, football is more important to me....lol). When I'm not a full-time student anymore, would love to host an event (as long as it's not during football season :))

tsun

Ok, so now that you are the 'official' Montana person ;) I'll be at the Griz vs EWU game in Msla., so I won't be able to attend. I would be happy to donate some handmade items for swag and I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 3 coins (My geotag, Raiders of the Lost Cache-Staff of Ra, and one to be announced in May) to donate to the event. Drop me an email and we can discuss some items that I sell locally, for the event. ( tsunrisebey@yahoo.com )

tsun

New Jersey --- Avroair

Hawaii --- Silly RR

California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Arizona --- Nero

Montana --- Tsunrisebey

I have to laugh because I don't know how my name got on the Montana list, granted I was talking in one of the forums. I think it was Brian_Team A.I. who mentioned hosting an event in Billings (if I remember correctly). Besides, the Montana Grizzlies (college football) season is in full swing then and I can't miss a game (yes, football is more important to me....lol). When I'm not a full-time student anymore, would love to host an event (as long as it's not during football season :))

tsun

I can sell some of your stuff here also Tsun many people love your work here so i would be honored to sell your stuff at my event.

Sorry, there were no discussions by email. I was rushing to do this, been busy with family staying at the house and mixed up some of the list with posts. Things in the forums happen in seconds while the rest of my life happens in days B)

New Jersey --- Avroair

Nor California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Montana --- Brian A.I.

Arizona --- Jake A.I.

Minnesota --- The Collector

Indiana --- 4damFam

My typing is bad so if a name kinda, sorta looks like yours then it is. B)

We offered to do one for Idaho and weren't added to the list :cool:

I checked online last night...

there's cheap repositioning cruises (one way) that leaves Vancouver BC on September 28th & 29th, arriving in San Diego or LA on October 2nd or 3rd. That gives us 3 or 4 days to do the sights and some geocaching in SoCal, 1 day at the event and then fly home on the 8th.

We haven't mentioned it to the kids yet 'till we see if we can swing it :rolleyes:

Hmmm... should we host one here on the Island or attend one in California? Decisions, decisions!

Neither. Come to the one in Atlanta :rolleyes::huh:B)

I checked online last night...

there's cheap repositioning cruises (one way) that leaves Vancouver BC on September 28th & 29th, arriving in San Diego or LA on October 2nd or 3rd. That gives us 3 or 4 days to do the sights and some geocaching in SoCal, 1 day at the event and then fly home on the 8th.

We haven't mentioned it to the kids yet 'till we see if we can swing it B)

But that would put you no where near the Atlanta event.... :o

hee hee.... :huh::o

If we drove, we'd make it as far as the Nor Cal event most likely...

It's a Canadian thing - the leaves start to change colour and we just gotta go south for a while to get a few more days of summer before we begin our winter adventures :huh: The geese do it and so do we :rolleyes:

Sorry POS and AG... Atlanta is just a little too far for us this time B)

Edited by Landsharkz

If we drove, we'd make it as far as the Nor Cal event most likely...

It's a Canadian thing - the leaves start to change colour and we just gotta go south for a while to get a few more days of summer before we begin our winter adventures :huh: The geese do it and so do we :rolleyes:

Sorry POS and AG... Atlanta is just a little too far for us this time B)

Is that what it is? I cannot believe how many Alberta license plates i see Daily!!

New Jersey --- Avroair

Nor California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Montana --- Brian A.I.

Arizona --- Jake A.I. (Nero)

Idaho --- BRoKen W

Minnesota --- TheCollector

Indiana --- 4damam

Updated the list. I sent out a really tentative shedule

I've gathered a small team to help host an event in the Netherlands.

WooHoo! Maybe I should come to your event :o :o

You are more then welcome, but I think you already know that. Of course everybody else is also welcome :o

You going to enter the logo contest again? I think you should!

Maybe I will :)

New Jersey --- Avroair

Nor California --- Marky

Alabama --- Tasia

Pennslyvania --- Anthus

Mississippi --- Prntr1

Montana --- Brian A.I.

Arizona --- Jake A.I. (Nero)

Idaho --- BRoKen W