Satellite Addiction

As I was caching the other day, I stopped to take in the fresh air and look around at my surroundings taking in the beautiful day. As I started looking around I noticed something in my jeep, and what I saw made me laugh. I had my GPS V which is mounted on my dash, I was caching using my GPSMAP 60C on my passenger seat all while listening to Sirius satellite radio. I realized at that point I may have a satellite addiction. Can anyone else relate???

Oh c'mon people. Satellites are just passing fads, kind of like that radio and tv thingy. :anicute::D

Yes, between tv, radio, gps and internet I do not believe I would know how to function any more. (And just think 5-10 years ago I didn't even have cable tv.) :)

5-10 years ago I was lucky if we had cable tv.Or a cell phone,or internet,or a GPS.now look at me...Cell,internet,two laptops,two GPSrs(Third coming soon)PSP(Although this item is leaving when I get out of here...I got enough distractions as it is),MP3 player,digital camera.... :):):D:)

I need a vacation away from my electronic junk let alone work or life. :)

The only real reason that I'm tethered to the sats is that they provide the services I am looking for. In my Tahoe I have a Quest, my 60CSx, Sirius satellite radio and depending where I am, a Globalstar phone. My poor Quest could be replaced with a Nuvi, but I like it too much to get rid of it.

As I was caching the other day, I stopped to take in the fresh air and look around at my surroundings taking in the beautiful day. As I started looking around I noticed something in my jeep, and what I saw made me laugh. I had my GPS V which is mounted on my dash, I was caching using my GPSMAP 60C on my passenger seat all while listening to Sirius satellite radio. I realized at that point I may have a satellite addiction. Can anyone else relate???

what? your jeep doesnt have onstar?

B)

what? your jeep doesnt have onstar?

:cool:

LOL, not yet!!!!!!

wow....i wish i had half as much money as you! LOL

Do you have a problem with satellites? Only you can answer that question for yourself. However, taking the following quiz may help to put your relationship to satellites in perspective for you. If you end up answering "yes" to three or more questions, you may want to take a good look how your life is affected by satellites.

1. Have you missed classes or work because of satellites?

2. Do you have trouble refusing satellites?

3. Do you need satellites in order to have fun at a party?

4. Do you use satellites to build up your self-confidence?

5. Do you use satellites to help you relax?

6. Have you tried to give up satellites and failed?

7. Do you crave satellites as soon as you wake up?

8. Do you get into trouble because of satellites?

9. Do you crave satellites at a definite time daily?

10. Do you lie to others about how often you partake in satellites?

11. Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of satellites?

12. Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and satellites?

Remember, there are people who can help you control satellites, instead of satellites controlling you.

link

Do you have a problem with satellites? Only you can answer that question for yourself. However, taking the following quiz may help to put your relationship to satellites in perspective for you. If you end up answering "yes" to three or more questions, you may want to take a good look how your life is affected by satellites.

1. Have you missed classes or work because of satellites?

If I was still in college I would definately have skipped class for this. Havn't missed work though

2. Do you have trouble refusing satellites?

YES, they call to me in my sleep!

3. Do you need satellites in order to have fun at a party?

If it's a geocaching event party I do!

4. Do you use satellites to build up your self-confidence?

Found a 5/5 or that pesky DNF? You bet!

5. Do you use satellites to help you relax?

All the time.

6. Have you tried to give up satellites and failed?

Once for three months, but that was because I didn't have a GPS.

7. Do you crave satellites as soon as you wake up?

No because I never went to sleep, too busy with the satelites

8. Do you get into trouble because of satellites?

Only when I'm late to dinner because I was off on top of a mountain somewhere!

9. Do you crave satellites at a definite time daily?

All day long!

10. Do you lie to others about how often you partake in satellites?

Only to my wife!

11. Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of satellites?

Um, well I am on my FIFTH GPS in one year.

12. Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and satellites?

All those pesky muggles!

Remember, there are people who can help you control satellites, instead of satellites controlling you.

Don't think I'm gpoing to find those people round here!

No satellite radio for me. Can't see why I should pay a monthly fee to listen to the same music I can get for free on FM.

I've never liked local radio, but around here the local radio music they play is only like 20 songs on a loop all the time, and they're all about 2 months behind the times.

With satellite radio, I don't get the annoying "DJs" (I use that term loosely for them), so I get to listen to more music. I also get to listen to music that is brand new, music from unreleased labels, even unreleased singles (aka, single not out yet by any other means. There's also exclusive content. There's in-studio concerts that are phenominal. For instance on Ethel (XM radio) 2 or 3 days ago they had a very, very good acoustic concert done by the singer for Silversun Pickups. I like their music anyways, but man was that a good concert, far surpassing their album IMHO.

I was in the same position as you about paying the monthly fee when I can just download what I want or listen to the crap-tastic radio, but just before christmas last year something spontaniously made me buy a satellite radio and even though I'm about broke with no job right now, I'll still gladly pay for my satellite radio.

Actually, thinking about it, my girlfriend who also thought that way became a car detailer a few months ago and listens to the radio in the car when doing it. She much prefers the satellite radio and in her new car (which she'll be getting in about a week) the first thing she's going to do is get a satellite radio.

You'll be converted...one way or another