Announcing..............a peek!

UOTrackers

Actually I agree with you hidnsek. I don't see where you posted anything negative. I would have concerns regarding the work being listed as belonging to a cacher as it appears that the original design was actually done by an artist and it is being used as a geocoin now.

Edited by LadeBear68

I didn't say anything about the design. I kind of like it. I wasn't being mean or hurtful as you think. I too happen to like MC Eschers but I know that you have to be careful with copyrights also and I saw that article and posted it for the designer's info and happened to ask because I saw what they charged for their rights and considered it outragous. I was amazed as well at the article that the power these copyrights carry on when the artist/designer is dead and the rights are given to someone else.

I recall a couple weeks ago someone and a Di Vinci similar coin having to be careful of the copyrights.

Oh, BTW: I am Sandy/hidnsek from Ottawa, I guess you could say I have been caching for a short time but do not get to do it often. I terracache more often but decided to try this also. Any more questions? My eyes are blue, blonde hair, I'm 20ish and single. I think I have revealed enough of myself. :o (I usually lurk) :shocked:

Sorry I offended anyone! I guess I will go back to lurking now and go do some terracaching. I do happen to find all of these geocoins very interesting. :(

Don't sweat it! Don't let someone intimidate you into not posting anymore, it's just a message board :( Welcome to the geocoin community. UOTrackers puts out some cute designs, I'm looking forward to seeing this project too.

tsun ;)

Thanks for the reply. I see the new artwork for the backside. Is there any reference to MC Escher in this design or is that taken out because of possible copyricht problems? They are now just three nice lizards which fit together.

You get my meaning, if the coins are Escher related they are more desireable for us dutchies :huh:

Thanks for the reply. I see the new artwork for the backside. Is there any reference to MC Escher in this design or is that taken out because of possible copyricht problems? They are now just three nice lizards which fit together.

You get my meaning, if the coins are Escher related they are more desireable for us dutchies :huh:

My original artwork is based on McEscher for sure! Whether or not that will be mentioned I have no idea. As a child I was fascinated with his work, introduced to it by my father who tried his hand at similar designs. When the thought occurred to me that it could make a cool coin, I had no idea just how much work it would take. It took me over 20 attempts to design them just right to fit within each other. I'm VERY excited that they will be available soon!

You get my meaning, if the coins are Escher related they are more desireable for us dutchies :D

My original artwork is based on McEscher for sure! Whether or not that will be mentioned I have no idea. As a child I was fascinated with his work, introduced to it by my father who tried his hand at similar designs. When the thought occurred to me that it could make a cool coin, I had no idea just how much work it would take. It took me over 20 attempts to design them just right to fit within each other. I'm VERY excited that they will be available soon!

:D Woot! How soon is soon? Very cool. Hurry up will ya! :huh:

You get my meaning, if the coins are Escher related they are more desireable for us dutchies :laughing:

:) Woot! How soon is soon? Very cool. Hurry up will ya! ;)

Soon is apparently NOW. I just got an email notification from Hogwild Stuff. I had no idea they were available yet, but here they are!!! Looks like there are only 120 sets though, so better be quick I think :)

Got in and ordered mine as soon as I saw the email as I didn't want to miss these. :)

Congrat's Jen - they've been a long project for you!!

Yep they took longer to make than Bella did!, hahahahaha. I'm told mine are in the mail, I can't wait to see them in person!

They are going fast! Only 15 sets left, wow...I'm so glad ya'll like them!

I haven't bought but 3 coins this year. The nametag geocoins, my Geo-Jellies Big Beans, and I just bought two sets of these. I'm cutting way back, but had to have them.

edit - Only 5 sets left now

i wish that they would sell some singles so we could do add-ons in our color preference, but i guess that would go away from the original artwork.

Edited by ~tasia~

They are going fast! Only 15 sets left, wow...I'm so glad ya'll like them!

i wish that they would sell some singles so we could do add-ons in our color preference, but i guess that would go away from the original artwork.

Hmm, that would be fun! (My colors are different but I haven't received them yet)