Announcing..............a peek!

UOTrackers

Yep, this is just a sneak peek. I had been working on this design for awhile, actually it took me over 16 tries (before I stopped counting) to get the art right. It took the mint a couple more after me. But the samples have finally arrived, and I can't wait for them to be produced. This has been one of the funnest designs for me to work on yet. This is a trackable project, and will be available from HogWild Stuff sometime in the future. (exact date, price etc still TBD)

Feel free to guess away, this isn't a contest I just wanted to have a little fun. I'll add larger peeks as time progresses.

peek01.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Yep, this is just a sneak peek. I had been working on this design for awhile, actually it took me over 16 tries (before I stopped counting) to get the art right. It took the mint a couple more after me. But the samples have finally arrived, and I can't wait for them to be produced. This has been one of the funnest designs for me to work on yet. This is a trackable project, and will be available from HogWild Stuff sometime in the future. (exact date, price etc still TBD)

Feel free to guess away, this isn't a contest I just wanted to have a little fun. I'll add larger peeks as time progresses.

peek01.jpg

Will these be available at GW5?? :D:anicute:

CF30

That is the tiniest peek I've ever seen!
Wasn't the Da Vinci peek/contest that small?
That sure looks like the back of a turtle shell to me
I love turtles, but that's not it.
Ooh yeah, Skittles - looks about right...
Nope, no candy for me.
Are those tails touching?
Nope, they are not tails.
Will these be available at GW5??
No, they wont be done before GW5.
I sense some Celtic work coming on?
I do love Celtic and have some designs omn the back burner, but this one isn't Celtic.
Gecko wallpaper

Similar to this one?

Your on the right track.

Is this better?

th_2012108.jpg

You got that from the little teeny tiny peek I showed you?! WOW. Yes indeed,

peek04.jpg

For anyone who is not familiar with the work, it was inspired by one of my favorite Artists M.C. Escher.

As a child my father introduced me to many things, several became life long loves, M.C. Escher is one of them. I have several designs inspired by things my father introduced me to, this is the first. I hope you enjoy them. These coins will be sold in sets of 3 through HogWild Stuff. We do not have an available date or pricing yet.

Here's another shot:

lizardsmall.jpg

peek04.jpg

I too am a fan of MC Eschers works and "Reptiles" is one of my favorites, However, what confirmed the design for me was an examination of the properties of the image you posted, which directed me to your photobucket albums. :anicute: BTW, love the coins I'll be getting a set for myself.

Edited by Cap'n YB

Very Nice Indeed! These Locking lizrards are gonna be a hit! Great candidate for the Glow LEzard! :anicute: - Now ya gotta!

Great Job at figuring out that tiny little hint Jr20 and Capn' YB

Now we gotta get us a whole slew of these so we can arrange them the same as pictured! - They dont come in sets of 12?

How bout the belly? Whats it look like? Are they Blue Belly lizards :anicute:

peek04.jpg

I too am a fan of MC Eschers works and "Reptiles" is one of my favorites, However, what confirmed the design for me was an examination of the properties of the image you posted, which directed me to your photobucket albums. :) BTW, love the coins I'll be getting a set for myself.

I was wondering when someone would finally do that. It's a good thing I don't post too much in there that I haven't already mentioned in the forums! (edit- my photobucket is now privte so don't bother)

Edited by UOTrackers

peek04.jpg

I too am a fan of MC Eschers works and "Reptiles" is one of my favorites, However, what confirmed the design for me was an examination of the properties of the image you posted, which directed me to your photobucket albums. :) BTW, love the coins I'll be getting a set for myself.

I was wondering when someone would finally do that. It's a good thing I don't post too much in there that I haven't already mentioned in the forums! (edit- my photobucket is now privte so don't bother)

i never think to look at the properties to see where the image came from, because my photobucket is private, and almost everyone else's that i know is too...

Neat coins!!

peek01.jpg

I know what it is but I'm not giving the answer away ;)

peek01.jpg

I already gave it all away, actually it was guessed, I just confirmed it with a larger picture, look up above!

peek01.jpg

I know what it is but I'm not giving the answer away B)

I already gave it all away, actually it was guessed, I just confirmed it with a larger picture, look up above!

lizards.jpg

http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/ShopRoW/indexshoprow.htm

Reptiles_(boceto).jpg

http://www.mcescher.nl/indexuk.htm

Did you pay or get permission for the copyright of these? If not I highly suggest you read this http://www.artquest.org.uk/artlaw/copyright/28920.htm.

peek01.jpg

I know what it is but I'm not giving the answer away :mad:

lizards.jpg

Reptiles_(boceto).jpg

Did you pay or get permission for the copyright of these? If not I highly suggest you read this http://www.artquest.org.uk/artlaw/copyright/28920.htm.

Gotta be proud when you create an idea that is so good that someone has to set up a sock puppet just so they can THROW COLD WATER ON IT. I know both UOTrackers and Hogwild Stuff appreciate open dialog, but it is always kind of frustrating when what is effectively another negative potshot comes from someone who is not willing to say who they are. I mean particularly something like this.

But then again, if it were an honest attempt to be helpful I am thinking it would have come either in the form of an established account or a private e-mail. Leading me to believe this was done in an effort to be mean and hurtful which is shameful. Otherwise I challenge you to REVEAL YOURSELF!

A little more information on pricing availability size etc. . .

Longest side 1.75 inch

Thickness: 2 mm - we wanted 3 but found that the coins would interlock better with 2 mm thickness.

Pricing: They will be sold in sets of three, each coin with it's own tracking number. I am expecting them to be in the neighorhood of $21.00 for the set and will probably provide the option to purchase additional coins individually on the same order.

Availability: Likely June or July. We are still working on some back side art issues.

Longest side 1.75 inch

Thickness: 2 mm - we wanted 3 but found that the coins would interlock better with 2 mm thickness.

Pricing: They will be sold in sets of three, each coin with it's own tracking number. I am expecting them to be in the neighorhood of $21.00 for the set and will probably provide the option to purchase additional coins individually on the same order.

Availability: Likely June or July. We are still working on some back side art issues.

What do the other sides of them look like? Scalely?? :mad:

Longest side 1.75 inch

What do the other sides of them look like? Scalely?? :mad:

The other side forms a map of the world, or rather portions of a map of the world. It wasn't easy to fit all the continents on such an odd shape.

Longest side 1.75 inch

What do the other sides of them look like? Scalely?? ;)

The other side forms a map of the world, or rather portions of a map of the world. It wasn't easy to fit all the continents on such an odd shape.

Uh, oh, hope you didn't leave out Australia and New Zealand! Seems they often get left out, and they're not too happy about that! ;)

Longest side 1.75 inch

What do the other sides of them look like? Scalely?? ;)

Uh, oh, hope you didn't leave out Australia and New Zealand! Seems they often get left out, and they're not too happy about that! :unsure:

Ain't that the truth! :anicute:

Yes, it would be appreciated if we were not left off. Thanks. ;)

peek01.jpg

lizards.jpg

Reptiles_(boceto).jpg

Gotta be proud when you create an idea that is so good that someone has to set up a sock puppet just so they can THROW COLD WATER ON IT. I know both UOTrackers and Hogwild Stuff appreciate open dialog, but it is always kind of frustrating when what is effectively another negative potshot comes from someone who is not willing to say who they are. I mean particularly something like this.

But then again, if it were an honest attempt to be helpful I am thinking it would have come either in the form of an established account or a private e-mail. Leading me to believe this was done in an effort to be mean and hurtful which is shameful. Otherwise I challenge you to REVEAL YOURSELF!

I don't know who the original poster was...but I followed the provided links...

It is probably unlikely that anyone from the foundation would ever see your coins...but if they do, it looks like this may be a problem...

peek01.jpg

I know what it is but I'm not giving the answer away :blink:

lizards.jpg

Reptiles_(boceto).jpg

I don't know who the original poster was...but I followed the provided links...

It is probably unlikely that anyone from the foundation would ever see your coins...but if they do, it looks like this may be a problem...

It's being handled, thanks.

peek01.jpg

I know what it is but I'm not giving the answer away :shocked:

lizards.jpg

Reptiles_(boceto).jpg

Doubt that they ever will.....

I didn't say anything about the design. I kind of like it. I wasn't being mean or hurtful as you think. I too happen to like MC Eschers but I know that you have to be careful with copyrights also and I saw that article and posted it for the designer's info and happened to ask because I saw what they charged for their rights and considered it outragous. I was amazed as well at the article that the power these copyrights carry on when the artist/designer is dead and the rights are given to someone else.

I recall a couple weeks ago someone and a Di Vinci similar coin having to be careful of the copyrights.

Oh, BTW: I am Sandy/hidnsek from Ottawa, I guess you could say I have been caching for a short time but do not get to do it often. I terracache more often but decided to try this also. Any more questions? My eyes are blue, blonde hair, I'm 20ish and single. I think I have revealed enough of myself. :o (I usually lurk) :shocked:

Sorry I offended anyone! I guess I will go back to lurking now and go do some terracaching. I do happen to find all of these geocoins very interesting. :(