hey guys whats a good gps for running

I was looking into these as I am getting back into running these days - again. If I had to chose, I'd take a foretrex over a forerunner any time. However, I didn't chose to make that choice, I got one of the better pedometers instead. It measures exercise time, distance (pretty accurate) and calories burned. And it switches automatically between running and walking. I thought I'd miss the tracklog, but I actually don't. All I am really interested in is the distance I ran and the time it took me. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that all running is about?

Jan

Edited by JanniCash

hey guys whats a good gps for running street. i have the 60csx, but i want a wrist runner.

I have a Fortrex 101 that I use as a fancy pedometer when I go geocaching. I have it setup so it shows me maximum speed, average speed, distance traveled, and time moving. I like the 101 because it uses two AAA batteries. If you have an Aldi store in your area check and see if they are still selling them, the last I heard the price was down around $50.00

I just went through the same thing - I ended up buying a refurbed Forerunner 201 from the 'bay. I have yet to use it for running, but it looks like a great device (refurbed I got it for $65). I already used it to find one cache that I had trouble with previously with my Venture CX, so I know it is pretty accurate. The 201 has the rechargable batteries, which supposedly last @ 14 hours. I know the Sirf units are supposed to be more accurate, but for the amount of training I will do with this thing the price difference wasn't worth it.