FTM First To Muggle

Just thought i'd psot this having placed my newest cache and it has been muggled in a short spce of time. placed on 6/1/07 muggled around a week ago at best guess. Luckily they left the geocoin lying and the person who found the muggled cache spotted it.

So what is the shortest time you have known a cache to exist or has anyone actually had a muggle FTF?

I would have been FTF on a cache in Cheshire last summer but it had been muggled before it had ever been found. I knew I was looking in the right place but there was no sign of a cache at all, apart from a neat row of sticks in the hidey-hole that would have covered the cache.

I've heard of quite a few other stories like this unfortunately :D.

I put one out that was muggled before it even left my front room. Mum said "Oy, what are you doing with my photo frame? I'll have that back, thank you!"

Do I win? :D:laughing::laughing:

can't see that being beat

:D Hehe, this could get more and more extreme and ridiculous if we try hard enough! Go on, I'm sure someone can beat that, even if they have to make it up! :laughing:

A couple of years ago I set a puzzle/multi with quite a few locations. The first location was in some old industrial ruins in a wood. The actual location was extremely devious, requiring not a little ingenuity on the part of the the cache seeker. All locations were set, the cache page created and the day before I submitted it, I checked all was OK. The first seeker phoned me and said they couldn't find the first part.... he-he, I thought... Got 'em!! ... However, they HAD looked in the right place and the first part was in fact missing. Someone had nicked it during the 12 hours or so between me checking it was there and the first seekers getting to it... :D

Edited by Pharisee

I put one out that was muggled before it even left my front room. Mum said "Oy, what are you doing with my photo frame? I'll have that back, thank you!"

Do I win? :D:laughing::D

can't see that being beat

:laughing: Hehe, this could get more and more extreme and ridiculous if we try hard enough! Go on, I'm sure someone can beat that, even if they have to make it up! :laughing:

I was looking at a plastic box thinking "Cache..."

as K put in some sandwiches.

Which I had to immediatly remove, as food is not allowed in caches!

Then had to find a piece of paper to write my caching name on, to record my visit, as there was no log book! :laughing:

G

I was looking at a plastic box thinking "Cache..."

as K put in some sandwiches.

Which I had to immediatly remove, as food is not allowed in caches!

Then had to find a piece of paper to write my caching name on, to record my visit, as there was no log book! :D

G

Tut tut, what is this obsession people have with using Geocaches to put their sandwiches in? Everyone knows food's not allowed. :anicute:

Waving in the air had a colourful start. First to Find - after publication but before I got there as the first cacher - were two railway workmen who were clearing away the vegetation that concealed it. They left a nice note too. Don't know if it got them into this obsession or not.

399d4af7-f9d5-4eb1-b7e3-797472e18d72.jpg

Ha ha, reminds me of a cache I saw the page of the other day.

Bomb squad blew the lid off and left a not of apology, let me find a link...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.asp...69-fe9dc0871128