ONE Geocoin

adm4984

I have recently become involved with the ONE campaign, the campaign to stamp out extreme poverty and AIDS throughout the world. Being aware of this crisis is possibly the best way for everyone to get involved because if we know about it, we can eliminate it. I would like to start circulating ONE geocoins to help spread awareness throughout the world. As a community, I think cachers could do a lot of good for this cause. Does anyone know how to get this started?

There are several coins out there supporting some really great causes. I suggest starting by contacting the ONE organization and getting them co-sponsoring the coin with you (or at least aware of and/or involved in the creative process).

You might be able to get some great advice from CrotalusRex and Mimichan, who have created a coin in memory of Steve Irwin. The coin is being made by CoinsAndPins. All the profits from the sale of the "Crikey Coin" will be donated directly to Steve Irwin's wildlife conservation charity Wildlife Warriors Worldwide Ltd.

Check out the following thread: The "Crikey!" Geocoin, In memory of Steve Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter"

I would like to start circulating ONE geocoins to help spread awareness throughout the world. As a community, I think cachers could do a lot of good for this cause.

If your goal is to get a lot of these out traveling from cache to cache to bring awareness, then you'll want to make them as inexpensive as possible and probably sell them in bulk packs only. Check out the red handed micro geocoin as a good model for this. You'll probably see a lot of those out traveling. It's the best way to bring awareness. I also did a memorial geocoin to motogrrl, a local cacher that dies in a motorcycle accident. I still see lots of those geocoins out traveling from cache to cache.

Once you get permission, You have to know that we will All help as we can :anicute:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that everyone in the caching community is so generous. I have put an email through to ONE but i am pretty sure it will take a while for them to get back to me. i will just have to be patient. :anicute:

Once you get permission, You have to know that we will All help as we can :blink:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that everyone in the caching community is so generous. I have put an email through to ONE but i am pretty sure it will take a while for them to get back to me. i will just have to be patient. :D

Any word yet??

Sounds a bit like the Diabetes TBs and geocoins, though on a smaller scale.

Go for it!

I hope you are able to make it happen, and can include the rainbow community, the Haemophillics (is that the right spelling) and others that are at more risk that most. I suppose that also includes the phlob..... you know the word, those who collect blood specimens in the medical world.

Then there's the African countries....

Oh so many..... Oh so little time.

Go for it!

I hope you are able to make it happen, and can include the rainbow community, the Hemophiliacs (is that the right spelling) and others that are at more risk that most. I suppose that also includes the phlob..... you know the word, those who collect blood specimens in the medical world.

I really think this is a Great ides BUT the person who started this thread hasn't posted since, let alone been geocaching.

Was the word . . . phlebotomist :blink: also Nurses and Med techs:rolleyes:

Go for it!

I hope you are able to make it happen, and can include the rainbow community, the Haemophillics (is that the right spelling) and others that are at more risk that most. I suppose that also includes the phlob..... you know the word, those who collect blood specimens in the medical world.

Those who collect blood are called phlebotomist or phlebs. :blink: I happen to be one. (hemophilia)

Go for it!

I really think this is a Great ides BUT the person who started this thread hasn't posted since, let alone been geocaching.

Well, it's only been six days. :blink:

It might be that the OP is also living his life...working, taking kids to this and that, doing something that doesn't involve geocaching and *GASP!* geocoins.... :(

Plus, any organization that owns copyrights and/or trademarks will take a fair bit of time before they answer a request for usage.

When I have been asked permission to use some of my material, I look the whole thing over very carefully.

To the OP, good luck with your idea.

Go for it!

Well, it's only been six days. :blink:

It might be that the OP is also living his life...working, taking kids to this and that, doing something that doesn't involve geocaching and *GASP!* geocoins.... :(

Plus, any organization that owns copyrights and/or trademarks will take a fair bit of time before they answer a request for usage.

When I have been asked permission to use some of my material, I look the whole thing over very carefully.

To the OP, good luck with your idea.

It's been one year and six days since the thread was started.