so if they removed the find #s from the site

Bad_CRC

This is a sad and disturbing commentary. I suspect that those who are having fun with this game have little desire to evaluate whether they are "better" than others and even less interest in if others are "better" than them.

I haven't spotted anybody that's better than me yet. :blink:

Nudecacher

Big Matt

QUOTE(Neos2 @ Apr 25 2007, 07:47 PM)

I'd mind a lot. I'm a science person so I love the numbers. I suppose that might make me a stat freak of some sort. They are just so darn fun, and sometimes very useful.

Ditto,

I love it because it gives me soemthing to work towards.

I'm anal-retentive, and I love numbers!!!! I have visited 46 stats, and 363 NPS areas. I LOVE numbers!!

I wouldn't care. I don't keep track of the number of hikes I've taken or the number of times I've ridden my bike, either. Only because it's an automatic feature of the site do I pay any attention to milestones.

Find number 0x100 coming up, baby!

1019 miles on the AT. My other hiking stats are on my computer somewhere.

I wouldn't care. I don't keep track of the number of hikes I've taken or the number of times I've ridden my bike, either. Only because it's an automatic feature of the site do I pay any attention to milestones.

Find number 0x100 coming up, baby!

1019 miles on the AT. My other hiking stats are on my computer somewhere.

Full disclosure: I am incredibly anal about my miles when I run. That's my other main use for my GPS.

256 is a great number, as is 512, 10254, 2048, 4096, 8192, ...

Yessir! It's great being able to keep track of my finds on just two hands.

I generally don't sweat it on a single DNF even if it was from CC Cooper.

Observation: If it isn't about the numbers, and it has been stated that number of finds doesn't equal a good cacher, then why would you reference the CC Cooper agency as a gauge in which you would judge a DNF by?

Because you know they have experience by their numbers?

ALL of the geocaching sites have some sort of number system. I am actually surprised that TC has a Scoring system given it is a "Quality Cache Site".

...but anyway, nice Freudian slip :blink:

Ridiculous conclusion.

The example is of a person that simply has a LOT of finds to contrast with the unnamed "newbie", either of which might post a SINGLE DNF which, as i stated, i would choose NOT to investigate.

How do you go from that to "Confucius Cat thinks CC Cooper must be a good cacher because he has a high find count?"

The point was clearly that I DON'T judge the value of the log by the find count of the cacher. That would logically seem to indicate that I DON'T place a value on find counts.

Does the fact that i simply comprehend that someone such as CC COOPER has a high count infer that I give it weight? i don't think so.

... but anyway, nice try though. :D