Starting out, Lost already

Journey Man

Out geocaching and came across numerous Benchmarks along the trail. Was in Brimfield, Hampden Co., MA. Had no camera. Wrote down everything on the marker -- year, elev., EBL#. How do I log these things in????? Also, since I'm new to the Forum, how do I reply to anyone who replies to me?!?!? :):lol:

Read the first post on this forum page [Pinned: Me First!] It summarizes nicely how to start here.

To reply to a message on this page: click [ " REPLY ] in the bottom right corner.

To reply individually by email: click on the writer's name (underlined/hyperlinked).

Ask lots of questions 'cause there might be a prize if you stump the smart guys. :lol:

Journey Man,

I'm assuming that the trail you are referring to is in the Brimfield State Forrest? I checked the topographic map for that area and there did not seem to be an abundence of benchmarks shown in that area. If you happened to take a lat/long measurement with your GPSr you could try the NGS website and do a radial search about those coordinates and see if anything pops up. If you don't have the coordinates you could try the name stamped on the disk by doing a station name search. Of course there are many agencies that put out disks that aren't accounted for in the NGS database. Good luck!

Edited by RazorbackFan