Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
hamburger33

*.loc files changed to a useable file

i want to download files from here and get the details for it but i can not convert it to a format that my GPS can read?

help i have an explorist 210

Edited by hamburger33

Doesn't the Magellan Geocache Manager program handle LOC files? It should be on the CD that came with your GPS.

(I also use GSAK with my eXplorist and haven't used the Magellan program in a while)

Edited by Stunod

Yes, I'd assume that the Magellan software that came with the unit would do it. I played with it some when my eXplorist was new, and decided that GSAK was a way better tool.

EasyGPS will handle loc files, but it won't OUTPUT .upt files, which is the file format that the eXplorist uses.

Yes, I'd assume that the Magellan software that came with the unit would do it. I played with it some when my eXplorist was new, and decided that GSAK was a way better tool.

EasyGPS will handle loc files, but it won't OUTPUT .upt files, which is the file format that the eXplorist uses.

It does export .upt files. It just doesn't send .gs Geocaching POI files.

Moving thread from Geocaching Topics to the GPS Units and Software Forum.

The Magellan Geocaching Manager will handle .loc files and when transferring to the GPSr does transfer them as .gs files. If your trying to move the .loc files directly onto the GPSr then that will not work, you must first open them in either Geocaching Manager, GSAK or a similar program.