Bi-Directional Cache

I'm trying to place caches along the Bruce Trail in Ontario at a pace of ~300-500 metres between caches.

There is a few stretches on the trail that follow the road. I'm at one which is 4.1 km. Doing 8 road side caches seams boring. So I was thinking of a puzzle or multi. But I want to make it bi-directional.

This way if someone is hiking the trail from one end to the other they could start at either end.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this. I want the find to be on the Bruce Trail but how do I make it so they wouldn't have to back track any section of the trail?

well, here's a couple of quick thoughts....

Option 1 - two starting points and finals with the redirectors containing 2 sets of coords for whichever direction the finder is traveling. You'd have to run this idea past your reviewer.

Option 2 - Two multis, 1 from each direction. The redirectors would have to be interleaved so that the proximity rule isn't a problem.

Option 3 - Several individual caches along the trail that provide pieces of 2 bonus caches - 1 at each end. The seeker could choose 1 or both and get smilies for all of them.

I found a cache like that, what a pain, there were suppose to be 2 <TWO> markers on a tree to show where you left the trail, only one was there so I went past it and continued to the other end.

It took several trys walking back and forth to figure where the missing marker was.

If you used one color or type of marker going one way and another type the other direction it would probably work. :laughing: