Geo_Leprechaun

Go JayBee

Today I finally got back home after a long trip back home (i.e. to my home country) and of course there was some mail waiting for me. The most bulky package by far was my Secret Leprechaun mission! 'Someone' spent a fortune on shipping!!! It contained an amazing glass 'box' filled with little lights and decorated in St. Patrick's Day style, full of clover, rainbow, and gold! I'll have to find a US/EUR adapter asap to see the lights shine (and to post a picture of it in its full glory)! And I also received three beautiful coins: the huge and very cute sweetlife personal coin, a Viking Runestone (beautiful!), and a sweetlife geonerd! Thank you very much sweetlife!

w00t!! The Geo Leprechaun paid one of my caches a visit!! It was a nice day out today, so I decided to do maintenance on one of multicaches and pick up the TB that had been sitting there for 2 months. As I pulled in I noticed that there was a bit of a rainbow shimmer in the air above the trees, and when I opened up the ammo can, I could see why!! The Geo Leprechaun had left me coin #199!! I wish I had brought a camera with me, but I was just making a quick stop. Good thing I happened to have a geocoin in my pocket, so I was able to leave an unactivated coin in trade <_<

I will post some photos when I get a chance. Thank you so much Geo Leprechaun!! <_<:laughing:

Pictures!! :huh:<_<

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

Is that Pot actually GOLD, or is it the background that makes it look Gold? Either way, that's an awesome picture! Congrats to all!!!

This is my log from my son's cache PokéRunes - GC168QE

"Today was a bummer of a day at work. It seemed that every time I turned around something was annoying me. On top of all that it was raining ALL day. Not that I usually mind when it rains all day while I'm working (since I cannot go outside anyway...) but today it was just bumming me out. So when I got off work and stepped out side to see that the rain had stopped I was happy. And then I noticed a big beautiful rainbow gracing the sky. Well, the weird thing is that the rainbow was in a place in the sky where it COULDN'T be as a natural rainbow so, intrigued, I hopped in my car, ran home to change clothes (grabbed a few things) and drove off again chasing my rainbow! I drove & drove hoping that the rainbow would not fade until I came to an area that I am familiar with. The rainbow seemed to end right over by that... well can't say where... puzzle cache doncha know...[:unsure:] I parked the car and ran over to where the rainbow seemed to end and it faded out as I neared. A quick search turned up a small container and inside was this beautiful Pot-O-Gold!! Hand shaking with excitement I pulled it out. It did not fade away like the rainbow that brought me here so I slipped it deep into my pocket and put another unactivated geocoin into the cache in it's place for the next lucky finder. Thank you, Geo_Leprechaun for a piece of your gold and thank you, MarbleBoy for placing this fun cache! [:D]

Crowesfeat30 (AKA: CF30)

Glendale, MO"

Now this Geo_Leprechaun coin is all black enamel & shiny gold and beautiful! :D Is this a new version of "Me Gold" and has anyone else found this version? Am I the first?

coins246cr.jpg

front

coins248cr.jpg

back

coins253.jpg

at the cache with me dog, Blue. :blink:

CF30

This is my log from my son's cache PokéRunes - GC168QE

"Today was a bummer of a day at work. It seemed that every time I turned around something was annoying me. On top of all that it was raining ALL day. Not that I usually mind when it rains all day while I'm working (since I cannot go outside anyway...) but today it was just bumming me out. So when I got off work and stepped out side to see that the rain had stopped I was happy. And then I noticed a big beautiful rainbow gracing the sky. Well, the weird thing is that the rainbow was in a place in the sky where it COULDN'T be as a natural rainbow so, intrigued, I hopped in my car, ran home to change clothes (grabbed a few things) and drove off again chasing my rainbow! I drove & drove hoping that the rainbow would not fade until I came to an area that I am familiar with. The rainbow seemed to end right over by that... well can't say where... puzzle cache doncha know...[:)] I parked the car and ran over to where the rainbow seemed to end and it faded out as I neared. A quick search turned up a small container and inside was this beautiful Pot-O-Gold!! Hand shaking with excitement I pulled it out. It did not fade away like the rainbow that brought me here so I slipped it deep into my pocket and put another unactivated geocoin into the cache in it's place for the next lucky finder. Thank you, Geo_Leprechaun for a piece of your gold and thank you, MarbleBoy for placing this fun cache! [:)]

Crowesfeat30 (AKA: CF30)

Glendale, MO"

Now this Geo_Leprechaun coin is all black enamel & shiny gold and beautiful! :angry: Is this a new version of "Me Gold" and has anyone else found this version? Am I the first?

coins246cr.jpg

front

coins248cr.jpg

back

coins253.jpg

at the cache with me dog, Blue. :)

CF30

I found one of the black enamel ones (#309) around the middle of May. I think there was a new thread started for it.

The Geo_Leprechaun was at GW6!!!!

Not sure when it happened, but a piece o' gold was dropped into the outside pocket of my backpack. I did not realize it till getting back to my hotel that night...went to get my camera and thought I must have dropped a trader in there. But NO!!!!!!!!......WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks GL, you are very stealthy....

The Geo_Leprechaun was at GW6!!!!

Not sure when it happened, but a piece o' gold was dropped into the outside pocket of my backpack. I did not realize it till getting back to my hotel that night...went to get my camera and thought I must have dropped a trader in there. But NO!!!!!!!!......WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks GL, you are very stealthy....

Congrats Go JayBee!

I considered standing very close to you the rest of GW after I heard of your numerous encounters with mystery coiners :angry: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

So, how many different versions are there of this coin now? I know that the Antique Silver is the original version and now there is the Black & Gold version. Are there any other versions? Is the gold looking one at the top of this page posted by tadpole379 a different version or the ant. silver under difficult lighting conditions?

CF30

Wow - the little guy gets around for sure!!

I just around to logging my caches for our trip to The Bahamas and was shocked to come across a pot'o'gold out there!

We were so busy taking pictures of the water and beaches that I didn't snap a photo on-site, but here I am with it at home now:

photo01221ee9.jpg

Sorry for the late post Lep - but thanks for the drop!!

Traded a personal coin for it to keep things even.

Here's the cache where I found it.

(Looks like I forgot to add my pics to the log, but you can browse the gallery for other photos until I do)

Guess what I got in the mail, well actually we got in the mail, my husband hands me a envelope, which he opened up first and sealed it back up and says" Early Birthday to You, Since I know it is not until Tuesday, but I think you should reopen this" on our way out this weekend to celebrate my birthday weekend just getting out and driving and camping in the van for the weekend to complete the Delorme pages and counties of Wisconsin. Well anyways not at that point did I open it back up, I was getting the last minute stuff into the van, on the road, finally I had a chance to open it up. OMG....I yelled........tears came running down my eyes, happy tears.....I could not beleive it, I finally received a Geo. Leprechaun Geocoin. Thank you so much for making the start of the weekend a special one, thank you so much for the early Birthday present. It will be a memory I will never forget and I will treasure it for a lifetime. Thank You So much Geo_Leprechaun :blink:

Valarie of sweetlife

091919b4-43d7-4b36-8ef4-d1961bf99bf9.jpg

eee9bb9d-437e-4196-a6dd-a45e6fd09ca9.jpg

Edited by sweetlife

We found a geocoin? in a cache while in PA. It has a number-342 but that is all, doesn't say where to log it in. When I log it in at the geocaching web site, a different coin is there. Are there other sites to try? This is a beautiful coin that is shaped like a pot of gold(the number 342 is printed on the handle of the pot). On the back is the verse-"May the road rise to meet you..." It also has a glittery green shamrock and under that says "May a geocoin you hold in the hollow of your hand." Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am sure someone would like to know where their beautiful coin is.

We found a geocoin? in a cache while in PA. It has a number-342 but that is all, doesn't say where to log it in. When I log it in at the geocaching web site, a different coin is there. Are there other sites to try? This is a beautiful coin that is shaped like a pot of gold(the number 342 is printed on the handle of the pot). On the back is the verse-"May the road rise to meet you..." It also has a glittery green shamrock and under that says "May a geocoin you hold in the hollow of your hand." Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am sure someone would like to know where their beautiful coin is.

It's swag. I.e., yours to keep or drop in another cache. If you keep it, drop something nice in another cache, to even out Karma, since you need to trade for it. :) Congrats.

They are dropped by the Geo_Leprechaun, which you can read about here:

Geo_Leprechuan

What a wonderful find.........congratulations!!

Ali :)

Somehow Brenda came hope from MWGB with a Geo_lep v2...not exactly sure how. She went off trading coins on her own, and we found it in her keeper bag later; she said that she did not trade for it, and has no clue as to how it ot into her bag. I think I know when the Geo_lep worked his magic...it was when we saw a rainbow at the event (we actually did see a rainbow...too bad the camera was out of juice). Thanks Geo_lep!

Today (9/3/2008) was an amazing day! I had decided that early this evening I would ride my bike and try to find a couple geocaches that had been DNFs for me before. I ended up finding them both right away, then did another cache nearby. This put me in a wonderful mood; it's always nice to defeat previous DNFs, and the weather was perfect! When I came home I logged the finds, and then went about my night. As I was about to go to bed, I was browsing through some bookmarks that I have in Firefox, and saw that the Geo_Leprechaun had visited a cache 12 miles south of where I live! (GC1186D, I-25 Truck Stop TB Hotel/Cache) So I grabbed whatever swag I found laying around, my barely working headlamp, my GPSr, and ran out the door. It was 11:00 at night at this point, but I was determined to get there as quickly as I could. When I opened the cache, there it was, Pot 'o Gold #331 shining up at me! I let out a squeal of excitement, traded for it, and went into the truckstop and had a late-night breakfast to celebrate! Thanks so much Geo_Leprechaun for your generosity, as well as my first mystery coin! :laughing:

(Sorry for the bad pic; my camera is terrible!)

c872e708-3741-467d-b465-2a6b9ad2ca80.jpg

I was out in Utah for GeoRendezvous and wanted to find a cache in WY. I met up with The Moop Along and Eleanor at a cache in UT. I hoped in the car with them and we drove out to the closest cache in WY. At first glance, this cache SHOULD be available easily from the highway. But in reality, you have to take the un-paved service road for 6 miles. We found our Wyoming cache and we saw another cache close by. We decided to take a minute and find that cache as well. I spotted the cache and started looking through the swag while Pete signed the log. Pete saw a log from the Geo Leprechaun and told me to look carefully through the cache again. I found the coin!!!!! When we decided to do this cache we had not seen the Geo Leprechauns log, such a surprise to find this coin in a cache that we found by chance :ph34r:

Thanks GeoLeprechaun!!

I was out in Utah for GeoRendezvous and wanted to find a cache in WY. I met up with The Moop Along and Eleanor at a cache in UT. I hoped in the car with them and we drove out to the closest cache in WY. At first glance, this cache SHOULD be available easily from the highway. But in reality, you have to take the un-paved service road for 6 miles. We found our Wyoming cache and we saw another cache close by. We decided to take a minute and find that cache as well. I spotted the cache and started looking through the swag while Pete signed the log. Pete saw a log from the Geo Leprechaun and told me to look carefully through the cache again. I found the coin!!!!! When we decided to do this cache we had not seen the Geo Leprechauns log, such a surprise to find this coin in a cache that we found by chance :ph34r:

Thanks GeoLeprechaun!!

Congrats Dave! :cry:

While at GCF, Mr. Anthus saw a rainbow, followed it and found a Pot O Gold at the end. He immediately came over to me and handed me the coin (what a nice hubby :) ). Oh wow, I didn't have version 2 yet. Being of Irish decent, this coin will be treasured along side version 1 in my collection.

Thanks so much Geo_Leprechaun !!! :laughing::D:) This was a great surprise after working 2 hours at the GCF registration table.

....Anthus

While at GCF, Mr. Anthus saw a rainbow, followed it and found a Pot O Gold at the end. He immediately came over to me and handed me the coin (what a nice hubby :) ). Oh wow, I didn't have version 2 yet. Being of Irish decent, this coin will be treasured along side version 1 in my collection.

Thanks so much Geo_Leprechaun !!! :laughing::D:) This was a great surprise after working 2 hours at the GCF registration table.

....Anthus

Congrats!

Thanks so much Geo_Leprechaun !!! :):D:) This was a great surprise after working 2 hours at the GCF registration table.

....Anthus

CONGRATULATIONS on your new coin. It's great that people who put time into working the events are rewarded with such great finds. Enjoy it. :laughing:

I am really flabbergasted. The kids, and I walked into the GCF on Sunday, plopped our stuff on a table, and headed over to the fancy yellow booth in hopes to grab a YemonYime. A few minutes later, when we returned, it appeared that our table had been magically transported to the end of the rainbow! There was a pot of gold on top of our things. Over the course of GCF, I was lucky enough to receive three mystery coins - and I just don't know what to say. I have no idea how these mystery coiners go undetected, or why they left them for me, but the kindness is so appreciated --- I will be smiling about this for a long time.

I found one of the Leprechaun's coins today, I wasn't even looking for it and I didn't know about it until reading this forum. It was just a cache that was on my list to find, but the coin is awesome. It has a small number on it, but I wasn't able to find a website that I can log that like I do most other people's trackable sig items.