Geo_Leprechaun

Go JayBee

I GOT IT!!!!!

When I got the notification that the Geo_Leprechaun had hit a cache in my area - GCGT0N - "Treasure on Tate Island" - I was out in a flash, thankfully with my mountain bike still on the bike carrier on my car from yesterday evening's bike ride. I left in too much of a flash, apparently, because I forgot to get and load my GPSr with the cache coordinates! :D:o I zoomed back, got it and was off again, speeding the whole way down there.

I got to the Katy Trail parking area nearest to the cache...no cars there...good! I sped off on my bike...I covered that mile-long journey so fast I was all sweaty and gasping for breath. When I reached the passage to the island it was partially covered by the Missouri River. Thankfully it was just barely over the passage as I cautiously waded through the short stretch to the island.

I found the cache and opened it quickly, almost blinded by the gleam of GOLD!!! The coin was still there! Trembling, I reached in and there it was...all mine...#40...so beautiful! I quickly traded the coin for an unactivated geocoin, took a couple pictures of it and crossed back to the mainland.

I was so excited the trek back on the bike seemed to take only a moment. I loaded the bike up and headed home, sweaty, stinking and delighted!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, Geo_Leprechaun!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here I am, at the edge of the island, with the mainland in the background:

100_2354.jpg

Here is my little jewel! #40!

100_2355.jpg

Ha Ha! Congrats indeed A&T!! Ill bet that muddy Missouri river never felt so good! Thats one Hefty Pot'O'Gold-Eh? I thought that you may have made the trek to Olathe to grab the Pot'O'Gold that I grabbed...But nope, yours was on its way!!!

And congrats to Luckycharmers too!...That venture alsmost sounded like Windroses adventure with the Easter Coin Bunny! Glad you found it, and I hope you learned a lesson with kids and mystery coins :D:mad: ...JK, They go hand in hand---Just not in their hands! :D

Edit to add: I got ya on the top of the page <_< ...Now dont say I didnt do anything for ya! :mad:

Edited by 007BigD

And congrats to Luckycharmers too!...That venture alsmost sounded like Windroses adventure with the Easter Coin Bunny! Glad you found it, and I hope you learned a lesson with kids and mystery coins :unsure::) ...JK, They go hand in hand---Just not in their hands! :)

:unsure:

But the sparkle in their eyes when they found it was priceless. Here they are after playing in the creek for a while. Hot and tired but they had the GOLD

potofgold-small.jpg

Nice one 57!!! Hows that-eh? This Green guy sure picks the darndest places!

And great pic Luckycharmer...Do those kids know how lucky they really are??? Although she does look pretty proud of that there coin! That was a whole crew you had with ya, You have been practicing with those things for awhile havent ya??? :unsure::):)

And congrats to Luckycharmers too!...That venture alsmost sounded like Windroses adventure with the Easter Coin Bunny! Glad you found it, and I hope you learned a lesson with kids and mystery coins :unsure::P ...JK, They go hand in hand---Just not in their hands! :)

:unsure:

But the sparkle in their eyes when they found it was priceless. Here they are after playing in the creek for a while. Hot and tired but they had the GOLD

potofgold-small.jpg

Must be a riot to see that bunch of kids coming down the trail to a cache... :) What do you use as a cachemobile? A school bus?...... :)B)B):)

Edited by Big JohnP

It looks like there is plenty of GOLD out there to be found :unsure:

A big "Well Done" to all recent finders, it's awesome to see the photo's being posted, definately some happy cachers finding a 'lil pot o gold at the end of the RAINBOW :)

Very nice transition in color in your RAINBOW Mark! :):):P

Sorry, couldnt help myself again. :unsure:...I hope ya get one!

Edited by 007BigD

I'd never had a camera fog up like that in the summer before, but it was in the mid 90s and close to 100% humidity outside due to the rain, and the camera was sitting inside in mid 70s temp with very low humidity, at first I thought my lens was dirty, but after just a minute or two outside and it was totally fogged. I did crop my fingers out of the pic though. Thanks for the comments. I recently got a photo editing program and was thinking about playing with some coins, but with this one I didn't have to. Awesome coin, Thanks again GL. :)

WOO HOOO!!! We have been following the travels of the elusive Geo_Leprechaun. We were heading out to replace one of the stages on our multi, and saw the Geo_Leprechaun had visited 2 caches in the same park we were heading to! We crossed our fingers, and made the 30 minute trip in 20 minutes! LOL!! We decided to check the closest cache first, hoping the coin was still there. Guess the Luck of the Irish was with us, because when we opened the cache, there it was, shining in the sunlight in all it's glory! #47! Now we have to watch to see who gets the other one! LOL!! THANKS Geo_Leprechaun! REALLY cute coin! :D We propped the coin in a tree to take the picture, so we didn't give away the final stage of the multi it was in! (GCKJ15)

8a6253a0-e69e-4362-b61a-2ad5d25bfc83.jpg[/size]

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

I was fortunate enough to find one of these lucky Irish Leprechaun Pot of Gold geocoins in a local cache. Mine is number 048. Since I had this lucky coin with me today I decided to test it and see just how lucky it was by going skydiving with it at the dropzone in Lumberton, Mississippi. I may have used up some of the coin's luck, but the skydive was a lot of fun. It was way too hot and the clouds and rain were rolling in so we just made one jump.

Mr. Geo_Leprechaun... Just how much luck is packed into one of these coins? How many skydives is it good for?

Here are some pictures.

Back on the ground, safe and sound, after a skydive from 14,000 feet.

d8cc2664-6712-4be1-8459-195cc34b947a.jpg

On my parachute and skydive gear after the jump.

44bd3a44-5c00-420a-b17a-79259a340587.jpg

Flip side of the coin.

9c9a1eda-f4d5-4a0b-9175-bde2954770ac.jpg

With the Super Otter jump plane.

c0f6d3b9-0ac0-4106-bd4c-37aa3bc08d87.jpg

Look at the glitter in the shamrock sparkle!

5c1e352a-4ea4-497f-9ada-577075f76dc6.jpg

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Discpline

There still seems to be one in a cache in the same park where we got ours! UNBELIEVABLE! It's been there 3 days! LOL!! No logs after the Geo_Leprechaun. Any takers? LOL!!

Well, it's a bit too far from home for me to go out and get it tonight. D'ya suppose it will stick around for another few months until I can get enough time off of work to drive the 800 + miles to get to the cache? <_<:huh: Oh, well, I will just have to sit back and hope that Geo_Leprechaun makes another trip to the St. Louis area. Come back soon, Geo_Leprechaun! :blink: We have lots of nice caches to hide your gold in here!

CF30

Yea he did hit Texas!

He dropped them in a couple of puzzles, one I had already found. The other was over in Rockwall, which is all the way across the city. I knew I was going to an event there today, so I was just hoping it would still be there when I got there!

Yippee!!!!! - I am the proud owner of #004!!!!

Thanks Geo-Lep - I love it!!!!

Edited by MustangJoni

So I have a question for all you Geo_Leprechaun experts out there. I found my pot of gold last summer here in Colorado. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I kept it because it looked cool. The Leprechaun has not visited the cache where I found the coin, so someone else must have found it somewhere else and traded it. Lucky me! Here is the interesting thing. My pot of gold does not have a number on the handle like the one I see in the photos on this thread. Has anyone else seen this before?

So I have a question for all you Geo_Leprechaun experts out there. I found my pot of gold last summer here in Colorado. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I kept it because it looked cool. The Leprechaun has not visited the cache where I found the coin, so someone else must have found it somewhere else and traded it. Lucky me! Here is the interesting thing. My pot of gold does not have a number on the handle like the one I see in the photos on this thread. Has anyone else seen this before?

Post a pic of it...I'd like to see it.