Mpasend Software Conflict

JimOL

I installed MapSend Topo Canada in both full and typical modes, but it does not start when I click its icon. The support fellow said there was a software conflict and was able to get it running with all services disabled, but I don't want to go through that every time I start MapSend. Does anyone know what software likely has caused this conflict? I have disabled my anti-virus, my apache, and my oracle, and it still doesn't start.

Thanks

I don't know about MapSend Topo Canada per se, but I've read of many people who run into the same sort of thing with DirectRoute North America. It's an odd bug. I have rarely run into it on my system, although when I tried to start DirectRoute up a few weeks ago I encountered it. It doesn't seem to matter how much RAM you're running, and I don't think there's any one program in particular to boot. Bad programming, I'd say, and I wish to heck they'd fix it with a patch.

Sorta makes one reluctant to fire the program up, eh? :rolleyes:

One way to do this, although time consuming, is turn off all the services that the rep told you to...then turn them back on one by one till the program stops working. Then disable the one you just enabled and see if it starts working again. If it works then you found exactly was causing it. With that information we can look further into the issue.