Travelbug Rescue (again)

Jaz666

Reporting TB18ZC1 Katie the Camel to have been successfully rescued from

GC12B74 Operation in the Jungle TUK,TUK :rolleyes:

Stage two of this three stage multi appears to have gone awol meaning that stage three was also unreachable. Luckily, we managed to find the final with just the partial coordinates from the first stage. :D

I don't know why it hadn't been visited for so long as it's a nice enough location etc...

Edited by Delta68

Well since there is one less than 10km from us i will see if we can pu it on our to do list for this weekend.

I say 'see' as it is currently on our ignore list!

To find THE GLOBE GC12BNX you need to find THE OLD MILL GC11YWA whice we have been out and looked for 3 times to no avail.

Since it is now well and truely winter and the folliage should be non existant we'll go have another look.

on another note! is there a way that i can bookmark your bookmark??

Thanks for the great list, i just love meeting travel bugs.

Well since there is one less than 10km from us i will see if we can pu it on our to do list for this weekend.

I say 'see' as it is currently on our ignore list!

To find THE GLOBE GC12BNX you need to find THE OLD MILL GC11YWA whice we have been out and looked for 3 times to no avail.

Since it is now well and truely winter and the folliage should be non existant we'll go have another look.

on another note! is there a way that i can bookmark your bookmark??

Thanks for the great list, i just love meeting travel bugs.

Smaug the Dragon has been rescued from The Globe. :rolleyes::huh:B)

He will now recover at our house for a while before we head in his mission direc tion in early january.

Happy New Year

It never made it to JAZ666's bookmark, but I today rescued TBC83A Bender after over 18 months stuck in GCHQQW Windy Mellor. The TB was left by the last visitors to the cache in May 2006, shortly before it was archived but left in place.

Interestingly, I had made enquiries with a reviewer at the time the cache was about to be archived about what would happen to the TB and was told "This cache is on my bookmark list with a note to request a TB rescue if not collected by the 21st of June, as I'm aware of several who had commented about this cache."

Unfortunately, but perhaps not surprisingly given the amount of other things reviewers have to do, the rescue never got requested that I'm aware of. Would it not, though, make sense for reviewers to routinely get caches added to Jaz666's bookmark if they archive them whilst containing trackables and appear to be still in place?? That way others are made aware and can mount similar TB rescues and the TBs don't get abandoned along with the caches.

Looking at other caches owned by the same team as Windy Mellor, several of which were archived at the same time in 2006, one contained two TBs at the time of being archived and also appears to be still in place.

Perhaps I'm missing something here...

What's the point in a cacher re-visiting a previously found cache to move a TB on if the TB owner isn't even asking it to be moved? :unsure:

Most people want their TBs to move, hence the "T" :D How do you know that they haven't asked, though? Isn't it better to assume that they should be moved?

Just a quick question - how long does a TB have to be stationary to instigate a rescue? My daughters TB has been stuck since Oct 07, can we ask for a rescue? It is trying to make it to the USA but seems to be loitering around the West Country. Her elder brother's head is soooo big it won't fit in the house anymore since it has been moving around USA. And mine (also trying to jump the 'pond) is in Scotland.

FBC

Hi there I have 4 coins in different caches that have been there for a while could you please put them on the list ? they are in the following caches.

GCWN8A

GCHH2C

GC11EXW

GCKHRR

Many thanks in advance.

And I would like to say a big thank you to Leeds Tyke for going on a special journey to pick up my California coin :unsure::D

Successfully rescued TBVQH6 (ICM's ARK-MO Geocoin) from Nursery Time (GC87FA) but I have to report that 4 TBs are probably MIA in GCKQ7E, Jake The Snake:

1 Neville in the Field of Human Conflict

2 Stonehenge TB

3 TB - Rillenschiene - no loss really!

4 Stripey Tigger - has been reincarnated by the TB's owners.

I've spent the day regenerating the list.

Thanks to the latest version of gsak, I've found even more caches with TBs that haven't been visited in 5 months or more - the list currently stands at 191.

Gsak doesn't make the process of checking each cache listing any quicker though :laughing:

Been up to Lamb Knoll & Standing Stones GCZB0C to rescue PCPGEE magnetic geocoin as its been stuck in there for 13 months.

Dunno why its been a year since anyone's done it as its a nice little walk on the moors with great views

We've come to this thread rather late but would like to see the list of static TBs kept by jaz666.

One of our own TBs "Sid the Suffolk" has been stuck up a mountain in Sweden for considerably more than 3 months and we'd like to see if it's on the list.

Could someone point us in the right direction to view said list please?

Ta Muchly