Notification of new caches placed...

CharlieZulu

Hi folks:

Like everyone else, I get emails notifying me of new caches that go up in my area by checking off "Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area." in my profile.

Is there a way to also set up a secondary centre point, say at my cottage, so I can be notified of new caches in that area, without going the PQ route??

Chris

The short Answer is Yes :rolleyes:

On your My Account page on the right margin look under Premium Features for Setup Notifications and then Create a New Notification. You can specify any point of origin for the notification.

Edited by PDOP's

... it isn't exactly user friendly, in that you have to create a new notification for each type of cache, traditional, multi, unknown, etc etc/

You'll get no argument from me. It would be nice if allowed you set it for all cache types or, at least, create copies of the notifications similar to what you can do with PQs.

... it isn't exactly user friendly, in that you have to create a new notification for each type of cache, traditional, multi, unknown, etc etc/

You'll get no argument from me. It would be nice if allowed you set it for all cache types or, at least, create copies of the notifications similar to what you can do with PQs.

Actually, it is a one time set up for the three kinds of caches, unless you want to know about Events, CITOs and Letterboxes. You don't really need Insta-Notify for Events and CITO.

I have three. Traditional which includes Published, Archived, and Temporarily Unavailable, and those same options again for Multi-Cache and Puzzle Cache. Took maybe five minutes to see up all three, and I never need to touch them. Pick your coordinates and distance... you're half done. Plus it is likely that when you go to enter the second and third ones, the info will auto-complete for you.

[8D] The Blue Quasasr