New to Caching - Travel Bug Question

dschoen0

Hi,

My wife and I live in Kansas and are new to Geocaching. We found our 1st travel bug (so proud of ourselves).

I have a question...not sure what the procedure is, but have noticed some folks get upset when a Bug isn't moving as fast as they'd like, while others can't go caching every day.

I can see both sides, and want to do the right thing for the BUG :-) and without upsetting anyone !

My Question - We are going on vacation to Ouray Colorado in July. I'd love to drop the Travel Bug off there, but am afraid that is really keeping the BUG way too long....But on the other hand...What a great Destination for the Bug! Should I move the BUG to another local cache, or is it OK to wait until July and place it in Colorado ???? Can I try to locate the email address of the owner of the BUG and ask him/her ????

Hi,

My wife and I live in Kansas and are new to Geocaching. We found our 1st travel bug (so proud of ourselves).

TB's are fun. Why not just put the tb you have in the next larger cache you find and then go generate some tb's for yourself. It is like putting out your own cache.

There are many facits to this sport/hobby. Moving someone elses tb is fun but watching your own tb move is also quite fun. WARNING!!!!! Be careful about the coins. They can be really addicting and expensive.

Good luck

:rolleyes:

Hi,

TB's are fun. Why not just put the tb you have in the next larger cache you find and then go generate some tb's for yourself. It is like putting out your own cache.

There are many facits to this sport/hobby. Moving someone elses tb is fun but watching your own tb move is also quite fun. WARNING!!!!! Be careful about the coins. They can be really addicting and expensive.

Good luck

:rolleyes:

Thanks Everyone. I was able to find out how to send an email to the owner. He had no problem keeping it for the trip to Colorado. Surprisingly, he also has some more caches there as well. He did say to try to put it in a cache that's visited often. I assume I can look at the Logs of a cache site to determine that. Told you we're new at this. :-)

I was going to put it in the last cache we found here, but to our disappointment, it was full of water. Didn't want to treat a TB that way. :-) I DO know of one cache that we've already visited that is water-tight. I could put it in that one and get the little Weiner moving.

I also THOUGHT about starting a new cache and putting the TB in there...or just starting a new cache to try it.

I assume you just buy a TB from this site ?????