Google Earth or Geocaching.com

Hotlanta

Over the last couple days when I try to use Google Earth to view geocaches in the area I'm heading out to, I'm getting this message that I've exceeded my daily allowable viewing of geocaches. Has this happen to anyone else? And does anyone know who is limiting the DAILY usage? I know there is a limit to the number of geocaches that show on the screen at one time.... something like 150. But I've been using Google Earth for over a year now with Geocaching.com KLM downloaded and never had this problem before. Any suggestions? Upgrade Google Earth? Thanks for any suggestions.

This has been a problem for some time. There is another discussion going on over here in the gc.com forum. It appears to have started with the latest version of GoogleEarth. Raine stated that he will look into this, if it is still going on. For myself, I opened GE today and had 85 views left for the day. That was the first time today that I had used GE.

I have not noticed this. I guess it is something with the geocahcing specific stuff?

I just do a few PQs, download the gpx files and run them through gpsbabel to turn them into kml files. These display with no problem. If I plan on going after a cache, I check it out on the website first to make sure it is not diasbled.

VKsnr

I haven't seen this problem, I use that googleearthtweaker.exe file to convert the gpx file to a kml file if that matters. seems to show all the caches with no problems.

If I try to load the gpx file natively, I only see like 4 or 5 on the screen at once, though they all load into the sidebar.

Thanks so far for your support here. I don't know what happened. Yes, I made the mistake of upgrading to the newest free version of Google Earth not long ago. This was not a problem with the older version. I've been using the download from Geocaching.com for viewing the icons on google earth. I'll check out the other forum listed above and see if there is some good news there.