Coins and Pins, I want to gouge my eyes out!

nicolo

When will they get their website figured out?!!

So I go to buy 3 of the new Cruiser Dude geocoins, click "Change Address" since it has my Canadian address, and I'm greeted with :

Warning: main(includes/javascript/FILENAME_FORM_CHECK_JS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/coins/domains/coinsandpins.com/public_html/includes/javascript/checkout_shipping_address.js.php on line 49

Warning: main(includes/javascript/FILENAME_FORM_CHECK_JS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/coins/domains/coinsandpins.com/public_html/includes/javascript/checkout_shipping_address.js.php on line 49

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/FILENAME_FORM_CHECK_JS' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/coins/domains/coinsandpins.com/public_html/includes/javascript/checkout_shipping_address.js.php on line 49

It seems it's been months that they've been working on their website. Is it me?

Don't get me wrong, I think that the people there are great and, even though the coins for sale on their website seem a bit higher than at other sites, I wouldn't hesitate to use them a third time for a coin design. However, their website, man, I'm losing it!!! And I don't want any apologies from them, I just want their freakin' website to work!!!

OK, I'm finished ranting, I feel better now.

I actually did an order about an hour ago with no problems at all. I logged on a few days ago to update my account and make sure my address was right, and all was good.

I'm sure there are still a few bugs to be worked out, but hopefully not too many. Like I say, I had no problems...sorry you did :)

FX.

I actually did an order about an hour ago with no problems at all. I logged on a few days ago to update my account and make sure my address was right, and all was good.

I'm sure there are still a few bugs to be worked out, but hopefully not too many. Like I say, I had no problems...sorry you did :)

FX.

Yep, I also had no problems when the other Cruiser Dude coins came out a little while ago, no probs. But I think that was before their new website changes ( but I could be wrong ).

I had the problem when they first sifted site, Create a new account and go through the checkout process , See how that works, There were errors in the data base.

If you need I will pick up 3 for you what finishes do you want ? before there is a sell out untill you resolve the problem ?

I had the problem when they first sifted site, Create a new account and go through the checkout process , See how that works, There were errors in the data base.

If you need I will pick up 3 for you what finishes do you want ? before there is a sell out untill you resolve the problem ?

Sweet, 3 antique silver...?!

Thanks Glenn.

Yeah, it looks as if they didn't have my Chandler address so I edit my profile and added it, making it my primary address. However, at checkout it still shows my Canadian address and I can't change it.

Edited by nicolo

Thanks Glenn.

Ordered, Will let you know when in hand, grabbed 3 for you, :laughing: , Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

Ordered, Will let you know when in hand, grabbed 3 for you, :laughing: , Glenn

Thanks a lot! Yee haaa!

Oh, I did get an e-mail out to C&P.

I had the same problem with my address but I went to "My Account", edited my address and it worked out fine for the checkout. I was pretty stressed out for a couple of minutes though :laughing:

Yes, I did that as well, adding my Chandler address and designating it as my primary address. At checkout, my Canadian address was still listed and I couldn't change it.

... I just checked, still a problem ( for me anyway ).

I had no problem checking out but I have noticed that every time they've updated the site, my order history has been deleted (not a real big deal).

I am wondering when the Site Certificate is going to be renewed and corrected (and that is a big deal).

CoinsAndPins has been telling us for months to just blindly go ahead and use the site in spite of the faulty certificate. Will it ever be corrected????

It is a huge risk to pay for orders when you don't really know if you are on the correct site or not. Any hacker could be high jacking you to a fake site and stealing your information. THAT IS A BIG DEAL.

I had no problem checking out but I have noticed that every time they've updated the site, my order history has been deleted (not a real big deal).

I am wondering when the Site Certificate is going to be renewed and corrected (and that is a big deal).

CoinsAndPins has been telling us for months to just blindly go ahead and use the site in spite of the faulty certificate. Will it ever be corrected????

It is a huge risk to pay for orders when you don't really know if you are on the correct site or not. Any hacker could be high jacking you to a fake site and stealing your information. THAT IS A BIG DEAL.

Ok, let's not go crazy here. If you go diretly to their site you know where you are.

If you were clicking on links in an email that you weren't sure of, that's another story.

I updated my info OK a couple of days ago.

But now I get something about having to accept new security certificate. :laughing:

That always makes me nervous :rolleyes:

Yes, I get especially nervous when the security certificate is from a DIFFERENT website. I went ahead and accepted it, because I wanted to get the coins, but I still felt a little queasy in doing so. I was in a hurry, so didn't jot down the website that the security certificate was coming from. I'm sure it's fine, but it is an issue for concern in general.

--Marky

Ok, let's not go crazy here. If you go diretly to their site you know where you are.

I think it is always a security risk when the certificate issuer is from a different website from the one that you are on (which is what happened to me, I don't know about others). If this is the case, it would be nice of the website to specifically say "Our security certificate will show 'www.somesite.com' as the issuer, that is to be expected."

--Marky

We have not been telling people to blindly accept the security certificate. The certificate is valid and we have been telling people that all along. It will get fixed, but there are other major issues to adjust before we fix that one since the certificate is performing as required. As the previous notices have stated, the certificate is registered under a mistyped name, but that does not nullify the security of it. Windows is only saying the certificate might have a problem since through its checks it detects the certificate name is mismatched. Here is the quote we have put on our email notices that does not say we are telling people to blindly accept the certificate:

"Note 2: The CoinsAndpins.com security certificate is valid. If you receive a warning page when placing an order, please select the option to continue. The error is generated due to a typo on the certificate name that does not affect the security of the transaction. This error will be fixed on the new website."

Edited by CoinsAndPins