Geelong Cachers

VKC1SR

Hey all,

Just thought I would create a topic where we can all discuss what is happening in the area. i.e ideas for caches etc. I for one have started the Bellarine Rail trail series and I have plans for more.

Nich (VKC) and I (1SR) are considering creating a cache get together and was wondering if anyone had ideas of where we could all meet.

anyway look forward to hearing ideas.

Adrian

Hey Adrian - I think a get-together or caching event would be great down our way. I've met quite a few of the local teams now as we race for the FTFs! If it's to be an official event, then you'd just need to pick a date, name the location and put it on gc.com... It doesn't have to be anything complicated - dak organised a dinner and trivia night last October that had a lot of teams attending. There are plenty of restaurants around Geelong that could be booked for an evening.I think a Rail Trail day would be great - start at Drysdale and ride down to Queenscliff then get the train back. Or we could always attempt Chewinprickle's Werribee bike path series as a group?

Edited by GeoJo

Hi VKC1SR I agree with your idea but will know more after the Caching Event in Bendigo (Central Victorian Get Together) GC11F40 next Wednesday which will my first involvement in this type of gathering. I know that RedPaw64, Pteranodon, GeoJo and myself will be attending. I also know that Pterandon and GeoJo have talked about a get together a few months ago. Bushfire

Hi Adrian,

I am certainly up for any get togethers that happen. It will be my first Get Together in Bendigo, so I am looking forward to it. Maybe we could all go to a restaurant sometime soon and then chuck some ideas around about having a bigger event in Geelong. I think GeoJo's Idea of riding down the rail trail and then catching the train back could be interesting.

Anyway Happy Caching. :)

Hi All,

I was sitting here bored out of my brain waiting for my 2 new caches to go up, so tried my hand at Poetry and this is the result:

The Cachers Poem

Out at Day, Out at Night

I want to get that cache in sight

GPS ready, I'm on the way

who needs work, I'd rather Play

Follow Numbers, Winding down

Getting Close, search the Ground

Lift them sticks, They don't look right

There's a cache, Sudden Delight

Sign the Log, Hide it fast

I Love caching, It's such a Blast

Log my Find, I'm nearly done

Geocaching is such fun.

Hey I'm a Poet and didn't know it :laughing::rolleyes:

Ripple side is a great central bbq/playground area for geelong..but usually busy...im easy with location...

looking for help..i purchased 5 australian geocoins 1 only of which i have set free at this state but it seems to have got stagnet with its movements over the last few months. My wish list was for posted photos of the area my coin visits, unfortuately i have only day of release and next deposit photos, i can live with this but i cannot live with not knowing if this coin has gone missing or is still sittin in its last known location (23/02/07) it seems a long time of no movement. currently sitting at S 27° 32.316 E 153° 02.581 - i cant bear it any more. I have 4 more aus coins and 1 tb to release but "just cant do it captian". Advise and reassurance welcome.

CT

btw coins name is "boy from oz"

Edited by Clocken k's

looking for help..i purchased 5 australian geocoins 1 only of which i have set free at this state but it seems to have got stagnet with its movements over the last few months. My wish list was for posted photos of the area my coin visits, unfortuately i have only day of release and next deposit photos, i can live with this but i cannot live with not knowing if this coin has gone missing or is still sittin in its last known location (23/02/07) it seems a long time of no movement. currently sitting at S 27° 32.316 E 153° 02.581 - i cant bear it any more. I have 4 more aus coins and 1 tb to release but "just cant do it captian". Advise and reassurance welcome.

CT

btw coins name is "boy from oz"

- I'd just contact Mystery Ink. via the email service and ask if he/she saw it when they were there last ...

... then I'd contact the cachers who live the closest to the cache (Toohey's Trek) or even the owner of the cache (Wild Thingz)...

... then I'd probably put a shout out on GCA (Geocaching.com.au) and talk to the guys on the Queensland forums...

Other than that ... I'd probably go for a nice Geocaching holiday in Queensland! :blink:

Edited by Suitman

I had an idea, in regards to the Geelong Cachers Get Together (GC12NFH) posted for 23/6/07....It would be great if we could create a cache in the area to commemorate the day...I have an Australian Geocoin I would love to activate and submit for the cache....thoughts?

Carolyn

I had an idea, in regards to the Geelong Cachers Get Together (GC12NFH) posted for 23/6/07....It would be great if we could create a cache in the area to commemorate the day...I have an Australian Geocoin I would love to activate and submit for the cache....thoughts?

Carolyn

Hey Carolyn,

I think Bushfire is looking at making a cache for the day!!! :laughing:

ok, would love to have some coin name ideas, i got one but i think its being used for a barwon cache...GeoLong...got any good australian geocoin name suggestions for the Geelong Meet & Greet day cache. Please submit your ideas.

Carolyn

Edited by Clocken k's