Garmin 60 CSX

erkrupa

Hi Everyone -

just doing a quick poll for those that own a 60 CSX. I have had my unit for about 8 months, and noticed in the last 2 months the unit was getting more and more difficult to power on and off. You had to press the button a certain way in order for it to power on. Then just prior to a trip (of course) the unit would not power on at all. After a few hours if i pressed the power on button to the side extremely hard, it did power on but its touchy. I did call Garmin and they advised some of the earlier models were having problems with the power switch. I am sending it in for warranty work (shipping is my cost however), and just wondered of if anyone else had this issue occur.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone -

just doing a quick poll for those that own a 60 CSX. I have had my unit for about 8 months, and noticed in the last 2 months the unit was getting more and more difficult to power on and off. You had to press the button a certain way in order for it to power on. Then just prior to a trip (of course) the unit would not power on at all. After a few hours if i pressed the power on button to the side extremely hard, it did power on but its touchy. I did call Garmin and they advised some of the earlier models were having problems with the power switch. I am sending it in for warranty work (shipping is my cost however), and just wondered of if anyone else had this issue occur.

Thanks!

Nope...have not had that type of problem with mine. I have had my 60CSx since November.

Hi Everyone -

Thanks!

Yes, it was very annoying. REI replaced it on the spot. I took the new unit out of the box and left the box, manual etc. I forgot the button for the back clip, but I had a spare from a bike mount kit.

Hi Everyone -

Thanks!

Almost a year now and no signs of this problem. In fact, no problems at all, yet (knock on wood).

I need to send in my 60CS for the same problem. It is my fault. I left it mounted on the dash during a hot Texas day, and after that the on off button never worked the same. In addition, if I am using it on a warm day the screen will sometime not turn on when the unit is activated. You can hear the beeps, but not see anything. I have to go to the car, remove the batteries so I know it is off, and hold the screen in front of the air conditioning vent. Once it is cooled of I can turn it on and see the screen. It will remain visible as long as I leave it on, but if I turn it off at any time I loose the screen again.

Hi All - received a replacement unit versus a repair. Garmin was great...2 minutes on the phone and i had a new unlock code. The only downside was that i had to reload all the North America maps on my 2 GB SD card again as the new unit wasnt paired with the new unlock code. All is well and will keep my fingers crossed the issue doesnt happen again.

I had the same problem with the power switch on my 60CSx. After 7 months it started off being intermittent and got progressively worse. Just before I set it in, it was taking about 50 pushes to get it to turn on or off. I sent it in 7 days ago so I am still waiting on it.

GeoRon

I recently bought my 60CSx. Mine had the the power on/off problem right from the get-go. I was hoping it would get better, but it hasn't. Now that I see others have the same problem...I'll be calling Garmin tomorrow.

:lol: I'm happy to report I called Amazon.com and requested a replacement 60CSx. I was within 30 days of purchase, so they did without question. I received my replacement 60CSx in 2 days. Tip of the hat to Amazon.com .

My 60CSx is doing the same thing and has been for maybe a month. I am glad to find out I am not the only one, though I am sorry anyone is having the same problem. I contacted Garmin today and will be sending my unit in tomorrow. The tech guy I spoke with said he knew nothing about others having this problem but I told him about this forum and the other posts. My unit was purchased in late January so it is still under warranty.