To log or not to log?

leswon

You found it, you signed the log, that's a find as far as I'm concerned. If the owner has an issue with it, he will let you know I'm sure.

If it were me I'd probably go back and do the whole thing just to experience the cache the way the owner intended, but I really enjoy multis.

I have guessed the final location of a puzzle cache after not being able to solve the puzzle. I logged it without any guilt whatsoever. I say log it and let the owner decide if they want you to go back. (Unless of course you really want to go back but then you wouldn't be asking this question if you did, eh?)

Today I accidently stumbled across the last stage/cache of a multi cache. Is it OK to log it as a find or should I go back and find all the stages? Advice wanted!!!!!!

As others have said, go ahead and log your find. However, if you were in this area, and it was this final you found, I would really suggest you go back and do the entire Multi. :rolleyes:

Take a few friends with you and have a few lifelines to call and you will have an incredible caching experience. :blink:

Today I accidently stumbled across the last stage/cache of a multi cache. Is it OK to log it as a find or should I go back and find all the stages? Advice wanted!!!!!!
Log it but don't tip others off in your log. How did you stumble across the final stage? If it is that easy to do you may want to email the owner.

Found cache. Signed log. Simple as that. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter if it weren't the cache I was looking for! (Oh, those were letterboxes...) Found an evil mystery multi. (Never did find the first stage!) The cache owner had no problem with it. I wouldn't have any problem if you missed the steps to my multis, as long as you signed the log. Go for it!

Found cache. Signed log. Simple as that. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter if it weren't the cache I was looking for! (Oh, those were letterboxes...) Found an evil mystery multi. (Never did find the first stage!) The cache owner had no problem with it. I wouldn't have any problem if you missed the steps to my multis, as long as you signed the log. Go for it!

I agree with this post 100%.

How did you stumble across the final stage?

I was in the library with my sister looking for a movie, I walked over to the computer where she was and she whispered "those two guys there are geocachers" They then pulled a book off the shelf with a large geocaching sticker on it. I thought "oh cool a geocaching book that isn't the Idiot's Guide to Geocaching, I'll have too take a look at that" So after they left I went over there and didn't find the book. So I went back to the computers and noticed they had been using the one next to my sister, they also had left their search up, so I went and found that book. My sister was saying "come on hurry up we need to get a movie and go" So I took the book to the movie section and opened it there. I then realized this was a cache!!! And a logbook!!! So I really wasn't sure whether I should log but it sounds like I could and I think I will because the farthest I've gotten on a multi so far is frustrated hours of looking for the first stage twice.

How did you stumble across the final stage?

I was in the library with my sister looking for a movie, I walked over to the computer where she was and she whispered "those two guys there are geocachers" They then pulled a book off the shelf with a large geocaching sticker on it. I thought "oh cool a geocaching book that isn't the Idiot's Guide to Geocaching, I'll have too take a look at that" So after they left I went over there and didn't find the book. So I went back to the computers and noticed they had been using the one next to my sister, they also had left their search up, so I went and found that book. My sister was saying "come on hurry up we need to get a movie and go" So I took the book to the movie section and opened it there. I then realized this was a cache!!! And a logbook!!! So I really wasn't sure whether I should log but it sounds like I could and I think I will because the farthest I've gotten on a multi so far is frustrated hours of looking for the first stage twice.

are you serious?