Pocket Query Not Being Emailed

I've been having difficulties after running a pocket query..for some reason the pq never shows up in my email.. I have added the address to my "safe" list. I have even tried using a different email address or emailing it to a friend's computer..all with the same result. No email with the pq..

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks :lol:

Make sure you are checking the box for the day you want the PQ to be ran.

After you select the Submit Information button and you are sent to the next page click on the Preview the search link at the top of the page, it should show the results and at least let you know that you are submitting the correct information to get the results you are looking for.

I was experiencing this, too, but thought maybe I just didn't understand how it works. If I run a brand new one it comes through. But if I run a saved one it doesn't. Even with the day of the week checked.

Saved queries take a lot longer to generate. The new requests are generated before the old ones.

I was experiencing this, too, but thought maybe I just didn't understand how it works. If I run a brand new one it comes through. But if I run a saved one it doesn't. Even with the day of the week checked.

I have many "saved" PQs in my list that are somewhat overlapping circles. Because this is the way PQs behave, I can usually pick one of the many saved PQs that hasn't run recently and it will arrive quickly.

If I have, for some reason, requested a PQ for an area recently, and I need it again, I make a copy of it and run the copy, deleting it after it has run.

I don't have any "regularly scheduled" PQs because I don't need all the updates to all the caches in this area.

So sounds like the basic answer is to always submit them as "new". So what's the point of having saved ones? I guess to have a template?

Thanks. This solves my problem, but not so sure it solves the OPs.

I never save them myself. I live on the state line and run a separate query for each state. It makes the files smaller in Cachemate and easier to sort.

I've ran them so many times I can almost create them with my eyes closed so these's no need to save them. I do however create specific queries if I going to be traveling out of my normal search area.

Edit:spelling

Edited by BlackJeepSquadron

I've been having difficulties after running a pocket query..for some reason the pq never shows up in my email.. I have added the address to my "safe" list. I have even tried using a different email address or emailing it to a friend's computer..all with the same result. No email with the pq..

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks :)

Make sure you are checking the box for the day you want the PQ to be ran.

Well that did the trick! Thanks..ahahahhaa..you would think I would've figured that out by now :lol:

You know, it would be nice if each PQ in the list had an "Add to Queue" button the way the "All Finds" PQ does. Since I don't schedule any of my PQs, I have to open the PQ page, select the day (today) I want it to run, then go back to the list and select another PQ for a slightly different area, open the page, pick the day, go back to the list . . . etc., etc., etc.

I would really like to just scroll down my list of saved PQs, pick the ones I need, and click "Add to Queue." idea.gif

I wonder how hard it would be to do that?

I've been having difficulties after running a pocket query..for some reason the pq never shows up in my email..

I'd make sure they are still selected for running.

A few weeks ago my geocaching/Waymarking settings got reset and my PQs were still there but not selected to run. After I re-selected them my PQs started up again.

I assume this was part of some announce glitch/maintenance that I did not read.

I've been having difficulties after running a pocket query..for some reason the pq never shows up in my email..

I'd make sure they are still selected for running.

A few weeks ago my geocaching/Waymarking settings got reset and my PQs were still there but not selected to run. After I re-selected them my PQs started up again.

I assume this was part of some announce glitch/maintenance that I did not read.

Mine STILL aren't showing up! I haven't received a single query since April 18; even those which I created as tests this morning have NOT shown up in my inbox. I've tried everything I can think of -- anyone else still experienceing this problem? Any other "fixes" that you know of? I'm running out of steam. . . .

Are they running? If so, what email service are you using? Are they in a Quarantine or Junk mail folder? There have been problems with AOL, Yahoo!, and even Gmail . . .

Hi again--

No, they aren't even running -- not upon initial submission (in the case of the new/test PQs) nor when I revise existing PQs (like my daily one that has run just fine forever and then just stopped on Apr. 18).

We're using Comcast as our ISP and for our connection, and all my other caching-related emails (such as owner and watchlist logs) are getting through. Checked the junk/spam filters & folders & nothing there, either.

When I revise & submit the PQ, I can preview it, but nothing is actually running or being sent. It's as if the PQs don't even exist. To top it off, Geocaching/Groundspeak's Help page is not responding either (don't know WHAT's up with THAT server).

When you create a PQ, and save it to the list, and then request it to run, it doesn't have a "bolded" date behind it saying when it ran?

If you make a "copy" of your "daily" PQ, that "Copy PQ" is brand new and, the way things are set up, it should run immediately.

I haven't run any PQs today, but the ones I ran yesterday, which had not been run for several days, ran almost immediately.

EDIT to add, I just requested a PQ that had not run for a week or so and it started coming into my InBox within five minutes. :(

Edited by Miragee

I have a pocket query problem too. I also have a problem with saved pq's sometimes not coming through after I turn them on, but more importantly when I put the my finds query in queue I get it almost immediately, but instead of two files coming as I am told is supposed to happen, I just get one file. I use this to upload statistics in "It's Not About the Numbers" It doesn't always happen that way, but enough that it is a pain in the neck. Before you ask if I unzip the file or change it's name before sending to INATN. I do not unzip or change the name of the zip file I receive in the email. Only after I cannot upload the zip file do I try different things. That is when I found that when unzipped, only one file is there. INATN says there should be two. Thanks for any help on solving this.

Recently when I first learned about the INATN site, I tried uploading a fresh "All Finds" PQ and got an error . . . and, for me, since "it's not about the numbers" :) , and since, with my painfully-slow dialup connection, it took forever to get the All Finds PQ, and then another forever to upload it, I never tried again. :(

Maybe someone else will have some insight into that.

If you have PQs you run every day, they will fall farther and farther and farther down the queue until they might not run on the day they are supposed to run. That is the way it works . . . B)

If I want a PQ, I pick one from my list that is "stale" and run that. Usually it runs within a few minutes. If I pick one I ran the previous day, it can take hours before it will run. If I really need that area PQ again, I make a "Copy" of it and run that . . . and it runs right away . . .

Edited by Miragee

WRONG FORUM. This is not a GPS Units and Software issue. This is a site issue, and belongs in the Geocaching.com forum.

Sorry about that. I got on here doing a search for pocket query issues. Didn't notice where it took me, just that this was the topic of discussion.