List of ALL geocoins - Is there one available?

res2100

Just curious if there is a list of all geocoins minted and the quanities, etc available somewhere?

I know there is the Geocoin Collection web site, but that doesn't list quanities.

Then there was the Monster List, but the links just go to the web site's forums now.

And I recall GeoLobo making a program too, but it doesn't seem available for download yet.

Is there any other site that lists all the geocoins and quanities and other info? I'ld like to fill in some missing information on the geocoins that I've collected.

This really sounds like a good example of a time when it would be good to have a Wiki (think wikipedia) for geocoins. Everyone could go there and edit their own pages, there could be a master list that everyone could contribute to with the pieces of information that they happened to have.

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

Does anyone know of a place that you can start or host your own custom wiki?

-- Scott

This really sounds like a good example of a time when it would be good to have a Wiki (think wikipedia) for geocoins. Everyone could go there and edit their own pages, there could be a master list that everyone could contribute to with the pieces of information that they happened to have.

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

-- Scott

It isnt complete by any means, but here is one:

Trackable Coins

http://www.trackablecoins.com/index.php/Li...ckable_geocoins

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

-- Scott

It isnt complete by any means, but here is one:

Trackable Coins

http://www.trackablecoins.com/index.php/Li...ckable_geocoins

WOW!

That is *exactly* what I was thinking of. Do you know who started this?

If we get more people to work on this, then this wiki could be the end-all-be-all of geocoin information.

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

-- Scott

I actually have a wiki up (phpwiki based), but I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm considering making one based on mediawiki, which is the wiki engine that wikipedia uses. Ask me nicely and maybe I'll get off my butt and install it this weekend.

--Marky

I actually have a wiki up (phpwiki based), but I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm considering making one based on mediawiki, which is the wiki engine that wikipedia uses. Ask me nicely and maybe I'll get off my butt and install it this weekend.

--Marky

Actually, given the other response from creacher above.... it looks like we should all gravitate to update the wiki that is already setup there!

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

-- Scott

--Marky

Pretty Please :rolleyes:

Edited by summerandnana

I really like the Trackablecoins page, but I think there are some things that the site doesn't cover and that a more structured listing may fix.

It only lists trackable coins on Geocaching.com While I don't want to turn this thread into a debate, perhaps if another site is going to start, they could address trackable and non-trackable listings.

While putting the pages together, perhaps a set guideline or structure for what information to include.

Coin Name

Release Date

Designer

Minted By

Number of coins/per edition

Trackable - Where

Numbering (if any)

Icon (if any)

Activation code site (if any)

Special stipulations (only released to caches, shouldn't be sold on Ebay.)

For instances like states or cachers that have more than one coin, a table of contents at the top of the page listing all the coins released. (Teams like Team Sand Dollar and Anthus, and states Michigan and Texas state come to mind.) Under the state listing of the Trackablecoins site, there were some listings that had states with years and others not.

I'm sure that there are other categories that could be added. My listing of Special stipulations, could probably fall under a Notes" category.

edit:edited for clairity

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

Names....

Geocoiniki?

Wikicoin?

-- Scott

--Marky

.....with sugar on top! :blink:

I'm considering making one based on mediawiki, which is the wiki engine that wikipedia uses. Ask me nicely and maybe I'll get off my butt and install it this weekend.

--Marky

.....with sugar on top! :blink:

Okay, here ya go. Let's see what we can come up with. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the general layout, page format, etc.

Either of these URLs will work:

http://wiki.geocoin.net/

http://geocachingwiki.com/

--Marky