Caching with my nephew

I think I've got my nephew hooked on geocaching! I went down south to visit over easter and took both my nephews out on a hunt. The younger one eventually got bored but the older one was raring to go! We did a offset multi, "Orange History Tour". When we went to the final place the coords pointed us to, we didn't find it. We went back in the afternoon after I had looked at some logs and the hint. As he was shorter than me, he actually found it under a large rock. Two days after I got back home, he called and asked when I was coming down again so we can go geocaching!! Well, I think I know what I'll be getting him for Christmas!!

That call sure made the trip worth it!

I think I've got my nephew hooked on geocaching! I went down south to visit over easter and took both my nephews out on a hunt. The younger one eventually got bored but the older one was raring to go! We did a offset multi, "Orange History Tour". When we went to the final place the coords pointed us to, we didn't find it. We went back in the afternoon after I had looked at some logs and the hint. As he was shorter than me, he actually found it under a large rock. Two days after I got back home, he called and asked when I was coming down again so we can go geocaching!! Well, I think I know what I'll be getting him for Christmas!!

That call sure made the trip worth it!

Congratulations! I know I've enjoyed this pasttime enough to introduce my brothers and their families, parents and quite a few friends to the game. Now my parents and one brother have far more finds than I do. It's cool to have someone else who "gets it" to talk to. :lol:

I'm was introduced to geocaching by my uncle (ROOKIE49). My son (JuniorNimrod) enjoy doing it together, but I've actually done as many without him as with him. My uncle also got a coworker (Mother Wolf) into caching shortly after us. Now, my cousin, also ROOKIE49's nephew (myquest13) is getting into it and my other cousin, his brother, is considering to jumping in.

I also introduced it to the boys in my Webelos den before they bridged to Boy Scouts. The each loved it.

It's like a virus, huh?