gps map 60cx

don pid

YES, its a perfect unit to start with. It has a colour screen, mapping capabilities, it has a memory chip for the maps and the bigger upgrade of the chip means even more maps can be added for a long roadtrip. I just bought a new 1G chip at Canada Computers for $14.

I would highly suggest buying the Garmin Neck Lanyard for that unit, worth every penny. I would also suggest you DO NOT use the Belt Clip that comes in the box, it has a tendency to come off your pants and drop the unit.

Oh, and I highly suggest buying from GPSCentral.ca, service is amazing.

Binrat

Edited by Binrat

it has a memory chip for the maps and the bigger upgrade of the chip means even more maps can be added for a long roadtrip.

Some hardcore geocachers have found a way to load caches as POI's (points of intrest) so they can cram 5000 :lol: caches or more onto the memory card. Thankfully Binrat isn't that bad yet :)

it has a memory chip for the maps and the bigger upgrade of the chip means even more maps can be added for a long roadtrip.

Some hardcore geocachers have found a way to load caches as POI's (points of intrest) so they can cram 5000 :lol: caches or more onto the memory card. Thankfully Binrat isn't that bad yet :)

Yes he is!!!

hehehe

I bought a 60CSx this last February, the way I looked at it, I thought I'd rather spend the extra up front and have all the features. Of course the other option is to buy something a little lower in price, and see if you like it.

I sprung for the one I did so I could use it while travelling, boating/hiking, or for geocaching. I think you'll see these particular units around for a while, especially since you can upgrade via the internet as well.

Greywynd

If you hurry, I'm sure you could make an offer on this person's 60CSX for pretty cheap.

http://tinyurl.com/279dtg

If your wondering about the story that goes with the above link here it is

got an e-mail from my terracaching/hiking buddy xxx xxxxxx yesterday which didn't bode well. He hardly ever puts a subject on his e-mails, so when I saw @%@##** as the subject, I knew something crappy must have happened. A better subject would have been "Ever wonder what the insides of a month old $500 GPS looks like?" I guess he was out doing some hiking, and ended up leaving his GPS on the rear bumper of his RAV4, and ended up driving off. When he came back an hour later, there wasn't a whole lot left. So that sucks, but his experience should help me remember my GPS in the future. I will be headed down to visit xxx in about a month, so we will see if he has replaced it by then.

There is a 60CS at the following coordinates N 47 28.075 E 008 12.007

I lost it there in October and even the State Police article dog couldn't find it.

Free to whoever finds it. I replaced it with a 60CSx.

So you're saying you can easily find a camouflaged micro cache in the woods, but couldn't locate a much larger, solid coloured shiny object? I guess that explains the custom reflective tape job on the new CSx! crackup.gif

TOMTEC

Hi people, i am new at this. i was wondering if a map 60 cx garmin would be a good first time buy for a first time user????? thanks.

I bought a 60C 2nd hand from a local cacher when he upgraded to the 60CSX. Great unit, good enough for me, and way better than my 1st unit, the eTrex Legend in terms of features, screen, etc.

Lots of previously-loved units out there. :laughing:

Just my $0.02 .

Edited by charliezulu

The "custom" reflective tape on my 60CSx is definitely a "reflection" of losing the CS. Don't know why I didn't think of putting tape there before.

AND, even though it wasn't a subconscious wish, I love the CSx and am glad I have it. Although, at the time, losing a $500 GPS was a tough pill to swallow.

As for finding micros, in fairness, the area I lost the GPS was waist high in downed trees, ferns, underbrush and I lost it somewhere along a zig zag line about 200 meters in length. The dadgum dog did find a tiny boot elastic. But not my GPS.

There is a 60CS at the following coordinates N 47 28.075 E 008 12.007

I lost it there in October and even the State Police article dog couldn't find it.

Free to whoever finds it. I replaced it with a 60CSx.

Are those coordinates right? In Europe?

Yes they are. A nice little woods in Switzerland. Good Luck!!!!!

Edited by Tequila