U THINKIN' WHAT I'M THINKIN'?

I AM NOT SELLING NOR DO I KNOW WHO IS SELLING THESE! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THE FIRST THING TO COME TO MIND WAS WHEN I SAW THIS ON THE NET

X :P:);):)

Perfect storage Solution with a Cargo Container. Wind & Water Tight

Reply to:

Date: 2007-04-19, 2:41PM EDT

7 to ten year old retired ocean cargo containers for sale. All guaranteed to be wind and water tight. Delivery is available. Simply email or call for a quote. Please Ask for Tom 888-711-2027

The price above is for a 40 footer. We have 20s and 40 High Cubes available also.

w8pGPWpuHLAXV9K1sNfW7KfB6X2v.jpg

V76bqJw6VEs63sYx3etfUNPVPLnW.jpg

HFPJuYzsyT82QRV76gUHfPonhJ1B.jpg

Curious. Didn't see the price. We have a source in Port Newark for customers who want to use shipper owned containers. I can't remember the last quote we sent. Something in the neighborhood of a grand each, but my memory is fuzzy. I'll check the quote tomorrow.

I've seen 20 footers used as garages. And there's a 40 footer being used as a storage shed in Wawayanda State Park.

But, if you want to impress people, you should use a 40' High Cube. And a bolt seal! Put new bolt seals inside for finders to reseal the container. Hee hee hee.

As to living in them, there's no ventilation. But, we had one customer who always shipped to interior China using flat racks. Closed containers never found their way back to the port. There are reports that many of our shipping boxes are being used as housing in some thirld world countries.

I live in 'Tornado Alley', a part of the US where destructive tornadoes are common.

I have often thought that these containers would be perfect hurricane or tornado shelters - revise the door, build in some bench seats and bunk beds, a small galley and a self-contained head, a small generator outside, then bury or half-bury them in the ground... they'd be perfect!

Anyone want to partner up to start a tornado shelter business? :lol:

Perfect for a cheap weekend place at the lake or hunting cabin too!

If your choosy, you might get a cache container with HARDWOOD FLOORS. HEY, wipe your feet!!!

I've been in enough containers to know that those doors are ALWAYS very stiff to open, once inside there can be some strong aromas and they become "easybake" ovens in the summertime.

A container that size should have a special order-from-the-papermill logbook that will never be full.

dutchmaster

log_pile.jpg

Just another can covered by sticks. Yawn.....

:blink:B):mad:B);):blink:

That's still better than rocks! :rolleyes:

I know of one small mission station in Africa that uses a couple of these for housing. Windows cut in them, a few 2x4s between them to hold a roof for a patio, doors added, and there you go. Much "nicer" for us Westerner's than the dirt floor/thatch roof that the neighbors use.

Would love to see how people would trade even or up...lol

I can see it now. Took Chevy Left Volvo.

:rolleyes:

Darn....you beat me too it. :blink::blink:

Those iso containers are great.I'd consider getting one for the house for storage,maybe a 20 footer.We've got them all over here on bases in Iraq.They serve as everything from shops,housing,storage,messhall....you name it.Even bunkers,guard towers and OP's.With armor plate,sandbagging and some bulletproof windshields out of hmmwvs of course.

here in hawaii conatiners are part of our lifestyle... many get deadended here and we can get pretty creative with them....many people have adapted them to housing and storage.... most of our trucks that haul things around here are hauling containers...if they ever get used as caches they would blend in pretty well since there are so many of them here....some even get used for growing operations .... can you say Kona gold..maui wowie..etc.....