Elevator speech for geocaching?

angevine

"Elevator speech" is a term describing the amount of information you can convey to another person in the time it takes to ride an elevator up a few floors.

If you needed to explain geocaching to someone who has never heard of it in a very limited amount of time (such as on an elevator ride), how would you do it? What would you say?

many thanks -

Jeannette

You can download and print an excellent brochure from:

http://www.geocacher-u.com/resources/brochure.html

I carry several and hand them out when people ask what I am doing!

If you needed to explain geocaching to someone who has never heard of it in a very limited amount of time (such as on an elevator ride), how would you do it? What would you say?

many thanks -

Jeannette

Thanks to all who have responded. I was thinking of something midway betwen the one-liner and the brochure, but both are helpful. (And I *knew* about geocaching U and didn't even think to go there for help with this -- yikes! Elementary, my dear Angevine!)

Anyway, thank you!

Jeannette

Thanks to all who have responded. I was thinking of something midway betwen the one-liner and the brochure, but both are helpful. (And I *knew* about geocaching U and didn't even think to go there for help with this -- yikes! Elementary, my dear Angevine!)

Anyway, thank you!

Jeannette

You are correct - the one-liner isn't enough and the brochure is often too much!

I cache at night quite often, and get asked what I am doing quite a lot (I am known throughout the South as a cop magnet!) and I still haven't found the elusive 'elevator speech' that sensibly and succinctly explains what I am up to!

I use the "Internet-based treasure hunt' thing more than anything else, but that doesn't really cover it.

I hope y'all keep the ideas flowing!