surplus ammo can purchase database

Berta Nick Zoey

Just wanted to bump this thread back up to the top. Wanted to see if anyone who hadnt grabbed ammo cans on the first auction may be interested in a second time around. So far, I appear to have preorders for another auction of almost 300 cans. If I can get some more orders, I will do another auction. I will not go into any auctions where the cans will cost you more than 3 dollars each.

This last auction, the cans were in almost perfect codition. No rust. Out of 522 cans, there were about 4 that were damaged in any way.

So, email me or post in here if you want cans and I will add your name to the list.

Thanks

Nick

As I have said before I have 15 cans in my garage and have no current plans for any of them, so they are almost all available for $3.00 each. I would be thrilled to find homes for 12 but I am not going to chase after anyone. If you want one or 12 email me and we can work out the details.

I havent looked at any 50 cal boxes. Not sure what they go for. The reason I was gonna chace another 30 cal auction is cuz I got lots of people who still need/want 30 cal cans.

So, if anyone is looking for 50 cal cans. Let me know and Ill see whats happening as far as 50 cal can auctions.

I could probably do both and pick them up at the same time. I just would hope that I could find 2 auctions for just the right amount of each.

So, all y'all can hounds, if you want or need 50's lemme know so I can see what the needs are.

Nick

(ammo can man)

I don't want any more 30 cal boxes but if you got 50's, I'd take a few. It's nice to have some of each size for different uses.

If anyone up my way (Monroe) wants to swap some 50 cal cans for 30, I have 13 50 cal cans. The 50 cal cans are in excellent shape. They are a bit too big to be backpacking in and tough to hide in some areas.

There you go! :)

The current auction cycle at Fort Lewis ends on Sept 5. So Im hoping the next cycle after that starts the same day. Hopefully we will see some 30 cal cans on this one. I already have over 300 cans spoken for for the next time we can get some.

Theres an auction for 50's right now. Can anyone use 1600 50 cal cans? LOL!!! Im sure I would be building a dog house for myself if I tryed to store that many nex to my wifes car in the garage.

Theres also a few lots of them HUGE cans. 25" long on one side. hmmmm, does that qualify as a micro?

Thanks for your hard work nick! I would like to increase my order to 20 cans if thats allright. How much are those big cans going for?? I might take 5 or 6 if they are priced right.... I like big caches

Edit to add: Are the ones you are talking about the big ones like the ape cache or 50 cal? I don't want 50 cal but big ape cache ones.

Edited by Harriet the Spy

FYI -

NNJC (Northern NJ Cachers) recently purchased 430 ammo boxes at a Govt. auction for $1.75 each....and sold them 8 for $20 or $2.50 each...at their recent camping event.

I don't see the relevance here. Is this supposed to be some sort of a negotiation? This post really frosts me. If anyone thinks someone is abusing this process and making money off of it they can feel free to go elsewhere. :o

I was only a buyer/supporter but I am truly in awe of the effort that has been (and continues to be) put out to help all of the PNW cachers. :( B, Z & N rock!

Nick has invested loads of time and money in this adventure and is offering to do it again. If anyone else thinks they can do it better and for less money I would encourage you to step up.

FYI -

NNJC (Northern NJ Cachers) recently purchased 430 ammo boxes at a Govt. auction for $1.75 each....and sold them 8 for $20 or $2.50 each...at their recent camping event.

Maybe they have more military bases in their area, therefore more supply of ammo cans.

Nick has done a wonderful job supplying us with ammo cans. I don't think I would have done what he has done. Primarily trusting people to come through with the money that I have already put out. And keeping it all straight so nobody gets shorted is not an easy task. These cans are in EXCELLENT shape. I don't think NNJ are as awesome as ours.

Unfortunately Fort Lewis is where we have to depend on the ammo cans coming from. I suppose I could go to Yakima, but I think NOT!!! LOL.

Im enjoying doing what Im doing getting the cans out to those who want/need them. So, as long as I can see a need, hey, what the heck!!

Its a great pick up line...ooops I meant way to meet the caching community. Make em come to your front door!!

And for those of you that are sending the nice words my way. Thanks soo much. :o

The FYI about the NNJC buying ammo cans was just a comment to show that other groups are doing this in the country too. There are not any places in NJ to purchase ammo cans and cachers have had to buy any cans they can get their hands on via ebay. So you can imagine how excited everyone was when their shipment came in!!! B):DB) They distributed them at their recent camping event.

I only posted this comment because there was mention on this forum that there weren't any ammo cans at a recent auction and I thought that perhaps the NNJC could be helpful in sharing where they got theirs. B) Thats all.

It was in no way intended to be a negative post. Certainly everyone appreciates all the efforts going into getting surplus ammo cans and I can only imagine all the work involved. I was just trying to be helpful. B)

Edited by Dream Cache R

Ill bet once we pull out of Iraq, the availability of the ammo cans will slow down. Onless the practice ranges dont re-use them.

When I picked up the last shipment, I asked the guy there whey they didnt just re-use them and he said it wasnt cost effective to prepaint them. I think the Govt pays the company who makes these about 4.50 per can. SInce they have unique lot numers on them, they would have to repaint them and they figure its too pricey.

So, we get our ammo cans. Hmmmmm maybe I should buy a huge lot of them and once the availability goes away they would become priceless.

Future headline "Some wackjob in Maple Valley corners the ammo can market"

Thank you for all your effort. Yeah, the 50 cal cans are just a bit too big. I placed 2 hike in caches this week and the 50 cal cans fit in my day pack, but just barely. I had a hard time finding a big eough cubby hole to place them.

I had sand in both of my 50 cal cans when I opened them to clean, so it was kinda weird thinking that I might have a little piece of Iraq. Keep me on the list for 30 cal cans. Lets hope the supply of cans dry up real soon.

teperky is forum challenged, but she would like 20 cans for the next buy. You can officially put them under my account if its easier. I think that brings me up to 50 total.

Ok Harriet, Ill add 20 to the lsit. Im patiently wating for another auction to get listed.

And of course, if there are others who want 30 cal ammo cans let me know!

Edited by Berta, Nick and Zoey

teperky is forum challenged, but she would like 20 cans for the next buy. You can officially put them under my account if its easier. I think that brings me up to 50 total.

Ok Harriet, Ill add 20 to the lsit. Im patiently wating for another auction to get listed.

And of course, if there are others who want 30 cal ammo cans let me know!

Hi Nick!!

I've got a few forum challenged peeps as well and they keep hitting on me for my cans. I can already seeing my pile dwindle - Please, put me down for double whatever I've already commited to. I think that puts me at 30 but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look it up. :o

Ammo Can Info Update:

I had preorders for close to 500 30 cal cans and finally had to bow out when the bidding got too high.

So, hopefully some more 30 cals will come along.

Interesting sidenote though: An auction for close to 1700 50 cal cans ended up at about $1.25 per can.

Personally, I think the 30's ar easier to hide but them 50's sure do hold alot more!