surplus ammo can purchase database

Berta Nick Zoey

Thanks for the help, LR.

We are maxing out on room, but I think we can bring home GeoRoo's, too. That is if Nick says he's got extra. (when he comes back from vacay, of course)

I'll cram as many as I can in the back too. I'll fold down the seats & fill er up if needed (at least til the tires bottom out). Allanon's cans are going in to one of our cars too & somehow we'll get GeoRoo's in there if Nick gives the o.k. I sure don't mind.

It might be kinda fun explaining all the cans to a state patrol if we get pulled over...twisted sense of humor. Brad sometimes doesn't get it - kind of like the time I said it might be fun for him to stand in the Marysville Cemetary with a shovel & his metal detector & clock how long it took the local police to get there.... <_<

I guess I should join the party here and make arrangements to pick up my 10 cans. I leave on the East Side in Newcastle (just south of Bellevue, right off I-405).

Anybody from the general Eastside area want to pool and do a run to get our cans? My car's pretty small, but could hold 30-50, I'd guess.

As for when, I could do it this Sunday, or perhaps one day next week.

Thanks for the help, LR.

We are maxing out on room, but I think we can bring home GeoRoo's, too. That is if Nick says he's got extra. (when he comes back from vacay, of course)

I'll cram as many as I can in the back too. I'll fold down the seats & fill er up if needed (at least til the tires bottom out). Allanon's cans are going in to one of our cars too & somehow we'll get GeoRoo's in there if Nick gives the o.k. I sure don't mind.

It might be kinda fun explaining all the cans to a state patrol if we get pulled over...twisted sense of humor. Brad sometimes doesn't get it - kind of like the time I said it might be fun for him to stand in the Marysville Cemetary with a shovel & his metal detector & clock how long it took the local police to get there.... :)

Thanks Lizzy if you can squeeze in my cans with Allanon's. He's just down the road in Monroe. When I picked up my 25, 50 cal cans in my Honda Civic I was stuffed. I had this nightmare of getting stopped by the State Patrol and the SWAT team converging on me thinking I was transporting live ammo!......:)

I'm heading to Oregon tomorrow, so I'll try and check in here while I'm gone. Hope there's still cans available.

Ok, all you ammo can-aholics!!! Im baaack in town. 6 days of 95+ degree campoing/caching. Yesterday I was tromping through the sagebrush and the thermometer in the truck said 100 degrees and my wife said' You're nuts!!!!!" And I tend to agree with her. As far as those who have inquired as to how the pickup of the cans will be going. I need to sit down and go through the e-mails AND the posts on here to see who is grabbing wo's cans. I will be available Monday afternoon and evening of next week for sure. Then I will be available Friday and Saturday of next week as long as someone calls me and lets me know when they will be coming. If you want my cell number drop me an email at nickpasich@msn.com

For those who have inquired about payment, cash, paypal, or money order.

For those who have inquired about payment, cash, paypal, or money order.

I may have missed this in the thread, but I don't recall what the final per-can cost was from the auction, and how much you were marking up for the final per-can price. Apologies, but could you post it again? Thanks!

Im want $3 per can. With renting the U-haul and Gas down there I will be incurring a few costs. As far as people picking up for others, keep working on that and I trying to track who is grabbing who's cans. I have had 3 people who were not on the origianl list who are now wanting cans so those who originally showed interest will need to let me know before Aug 19th whether Im to save cans for them. If not, I will contact those who are on the "waiting list"

Thanks.

Nick

There you go, Miss hydnsek! ^_^

Instead of me having to look through all of the posts here more than once, I would like for everyone who I havent e-mailed today to e-mail me with their plans on pickup.

So far, I have made arrangements to be available Monday afternoon and evening.

I also, can me available next friday, the 10th or Sunday the 12th.

So far I have made arrangments with the following,

Wild Wiggly Beanz

Jcar

Allanon

Wrastro

Doodlecat & MisterKirk

Prying Pandora

Jolandy.

I have also been contacted by 4 other people who want cans who werent part of the original request list.

I know that several of you have said on this thread who you are picking up for, would you please e-mail me with that information so I can update my list easier.

nickpasich@msn.com

Thanks

Nick

Heres a list of those I havent heard from as far as when they might want to pick up their cans. It IS possible that I missed an e-mail for note on here. but here goes anyway

ruck

GrnXnham

RecDiver

AndrewRJ

Luckloi

Terrible T's

Silent NW

alciato

Someone may be picking up for these people and I may have missed it, so set me straight!!

Nick

I was just crunching some numbers and I still think we are missing out on a good buy.

Heres what I came up with, correct me where you think Im wrong.

Lot 7402 has 656 cans. I used 10% as a factor for throwing out bad cans. Not sure if thats accurate or not. Some of you who in the past have bought a large stash of cans could correct that. Maybe its more, who knows.

So using what I mentioned at 10%

The bid with 1 hour left was $1020

Plus a 10% buyers premium =102

Plus state sales tax at 8.9% = 90

so all told it comes to $1212. throw out 10% bad leaves 591 good cans

1212 divided by 591 comes to 2.05 per can.

I dont know about anyone else, but even at $3 a can I think thats a good price. If there was a way to get firm orders from people so that someone wouldnt get stuck with a garage full of ammo cans, I see no reason why we couldnt pull this off. Im open to comments or suggestions. Also, if you e-mail me let me know what the maximum you would be willing to pay for your cans. Ive checked around and most surplus stores seem to want a minimum of about 5.99 a can. The only variable in this that could mess us all up is damaged cans.

Even at 50% bad cans they would still only cost 3.69 per can, still a good price I think.

If anyone would want to email me with FIRM intentions as to what they are willing to put forward in money, I may be willing to set this up for a future auction. But, I need FIRM orders, please.

Also, when and if a time comes where we were to win an auction, someone other than myself who has a pickup truck would need to accompany me to pick them up. I probably could handle 30-50% of an order in one trip. So, lets look at a future auction and see what happens.

Also, any corrections to my formula will be gladly concidered.

Oh Yea, email me at x116yb@yahoo.com to let me know if you want to be part of a purchase.

I live in Maple Valley about 15 minutes from the I-5 AND HIWAY 18 interchange so it wouldnt be too far out of most peoples way if they were traveling the i-5 corridor.

I will start a database with name, amount wanted and max price willing to pay and see where it goes from there.

Thanks

Nick

I just found this post. Are any cans still available at this low price? I live in Renton and can easily pick up what I request.

Wow Nick...just read recent logs on the campout :D . I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the fact that you went way out on a limb to win/pay for this auction & I am very grateful for the work you've put into getting all this together for us - all pretty much based on trust! Looking forward to meeting up with you on Friday to get our cans. See ya then!

Thanks Lizzy,

I really didnt think it was going out on a limb. I figured they were pretty much all spoken for before the aution started. Heck, even once these are all gone, If I can see an interest in people wanting more, I would probably do it again.

What I should do, but I dont have time, is mark each can and when I go out caching, check and see if any of them were cans that were obtained via the auction. Hmmmm, I might just do that with a sharpie or something.

LOL. Or better yet, get a stencil made that says Official Cache. And charge 39 cents extra!!!! Just Kidding.

Hmmm. Maybe, Ill buy a load of them and go to all the events and sell em outta the back of my pickup truck like the produce sellers along the side of the road.

Cherries, Apples and Ammo Cans!!! Sort of has a ring to it.

Theres still a bunch of ya that I havent heard from yet that had put thier order in before the auction. I'll give you some time to contact me, otherwise I will go to my waiting list for those who didnt get in on the first request list.

Well, better get to bed, gotta get up and go to da Base and load Da cans!!!

Blue Power Ranger,

At the current time, there are no extra cans available. I had about 540 spoken for and the auction was for 522. I am putting together a list of those who still want cans. I'll give the people a few weeks to hook up with me to get their cans and if I havent heard from them I will go to the list of people wanting cans. I may also go after another auction of cans if the need for cans climbs to where it would be worth bidding again. I have a feeling that the 500 I just got may satusfy the needs for a while.

As for those who did want cans, they are here at my home for pickup right now. Come and get em!!

Thanks

Nick

Sorry I lost track of this thread. I've e-mailed you and would still like my cans, however if you are running short I'd be willing to settle for 10 instead of the original 15. I'd have you include them with Allanon's order however I probably won't be able to meet up with him to give him the cash before this weekend.

Thanks again.

Sorry I lost track of this thread. I've e-mailed you and would still like my cans, however if you are running short I'd be willing to settle for 10 instead of the original 15. I'd have you include them with Allanon's order however I probably won't be able to meet up with him to give him the cash before this weekend.

Thanks again.

I'll spot you the price for 10 cans if Lizzy/Sassy/Harriet can fit 10 more in their run this week. You can give me the money at the camp out.

Edited by Allanon

Thanks again.

I'll spot you the price for 10 cans if Lizzy/Sassy/Harriet can fit 10 more in their run this week. You can give me the money at the camp out.

I can also easily take additional cans to Monroe, its only a few more minutes up the road.

Thanks again.

I can also easily take additional cans to Monroe, its only a few more minutes up the road.

I think we should be ok picking up the cans for RecDiver, since GeoRoo's on the waiting list now. Just email me when you decide the quantity for RecDiver so I know what I'm to pick up.

Thanks again.

Thanks B.

Thanks again.

I think we should be ok picking up the cans for RecDiver, since GeoRoo's on the waiting list now. Just email me when you decide the quantity for RecDiver so I know what I'm to pick up.

If you can grab ten for me that would be great. Thanks.

Well,

The Ammo cans are flying out of my garage at a great clip. Out of the 522, I only have 134 left for pick-up.

I havent heard from, or I missed it, Luckkoi yet. Other than that, everyone has contacted me or set a tentative date for pickup.

Also, if there are any others who wanted cans and couldnt get in on the original shipment, by all means, shoot me a message or an email and I will look into another auction. Unfortunately, the current auctions are for rather large amounts of cans. 600+ and I dont think I can get rid of that many.

I DO have about 150 or so requested that I cant provide so let me know if there are any others of you interested.

Thanks

Nick

Us cracked nuts went down to the big city and picked up our cans today. They are in great shape. I don't think I have ever seen such good cans. Thanks Nick for putting this together. You are really encouraging us to go from recreational users to full blown addicts! Thanks!!

Ditto! The cans are in excellent condition, and really appreciate Nick pulling this together and doing so much work to benefit the cache-planting community. :cry:

Got the cans, unfortunately we were not able to hook up with Allanon to drop his to him yet - best laid plans always run astray. I'll email him soon - getting through all my emails/etc. has been a chore today... The cans are in Awesome shape! well worth the $3 a piece. Thanks Nick for the cans & the nice visit yesterday!

I wanted 10-15, and it doesn't look like the locals stepped up and got them for me!......well you should have you know..... :unsure: I'm good for placing the caches. They would be hike too ones though. What's left and can I pick them up somewhere?

I don't think it's that we didn't get you any...it's that there were not any to get.

I'll sell you a few of mine, but you have to make them drive-to with very short walks with great views. :unsure:

I wanted 10-15, and it doesn't look like the locals stepped up and got them for me!......well you should have you know..... :) I'm good for placing the caches. They would be hike too ones though. What's left and can I pick them up somewhere?

GeoRoo - I've enjoyed every cache of yours we found (especially Persis, my proudest moment as a cacher and hiker) and would have been happy to pick up your cans, if there were any to be had.

That said, take a look at this:

WRASTRO Posted Aug 10 2007, 06:22 PM

We bought 15 just to help make sure the "buy" happened. We have no plans for any of the 15 so if anyone wants to take some of them off our hands at $3.00 each we will be happy to oblige. Plus shipping, handling, dealer prep, undercoating....

No really, $3.00 each.

edited to fix the quotes (I hope)

Edited by Sassy&Gordy

I apprecaite all of the words of thanks from everybody.

As far as others who still want cans, Lets keep the list going and I will watch for auctions that may fit the needs.

There has been a few people e-mailing or messaging me with their wish list. Somewhere along the ling I didnt get counts from everybody so indulge me while I list them here

Frisbee - amount unknown

Patudles - amount unknown

Seeding Element - amount unknown

GeoRoo - looks like 10-15

Blue Power Ranger 10

Landsharkz 100

Mensming 10-15

I will do what I can to keep this list current and see if there are others who want cans.

I was out caching yesterday and was paying close attention to the cans that were out there and the conditions of them. Almost all of the cans we got at auction look to be "In New" condition.

Once again, Thanks for the nice words!

Nick

Well,

The Ammo cans are flying out of my garage at a great clip. Out of the 522, I only have 134 left for pick-up.

I havent heard from, or I missed it, Luckkoi yet. Other than that, everyone has contacted me or set a tentative date for pickup.

Also, if there are any others who wanted cans and couldnt get in on the original shipment, by all means, shoot me a message or an email and I will look into another auction. Unfortunately, the current auctions are for rather large amounts of cans. 600+ and I dont think I can get rid of that many.

I DO have about 150 or so requested that I cant provide so let me know if there are any others of you interested.

Thanks

Nick

Hi there,

Thanks for the heads up Mudsneaker.. we are still want our cans but we are in Canada right now eh.

Will be back before the potluck... I can pay pal you the money now if you need me to.

Thanks

Wow,

I think I may be already over 200 for another can purchase. If the interest gets better, theres an auction that starts next week for 600+ but thats alot of cans. I might hold off and see what comes up on the next auction. I think the guy at the base told me that these auctions come along every 2 weeks. Its just a matter as to whether they have cans in them or not.

Still havent heard form a few people as to how many they want. Either that or I missed it.

Frisbee

Patudles

Speeding Element

Wow,

I think I may be already over 200 for another can purchase. If the interest gets better, theres an auction that starts next week for 600+ but thats alot of cans. I might hold off and see what comes up on the next auction. I think the guy at the base told me that these auctions come along every 2 weeks. Its just a matter as to whether they have cans in them or not.

I am interested in purchasing cans also... perhaps as many as 50+ if the price and quality stays the same.

Perhaps I can help organize a TRUE Eastside purchase and distribution (got a kick out of Hydnsek's post about being on the east side as I remember driving for about 4 hours west to get to her neighborhood).

Any other Inland Empire folks or near I90 route east of the cascades interested in this as well??

Edited by Lookout Lisa

Perhaps I can help organize a TRUE Eastside purchase and distribution (got a kick out of Hydnsek's post about being on the east side as I remember driving for about 4 hours west to get to her neighborhood).

In the Seattle area, all of the communities east of Lake Washington (I-405 corridor) are referred to collectively as the East Side. But yes, you are TRULY on the East Side (of the state). :(

As a relative newcomer to WA, I get a kick out of everything east of the Cascades being called Eastern Washington. That's 2/3 of the state - I tend to think of Wenatchee and Cle Elum and Moses Lake as being in central Washington, a concept that doesn't seem to exist. You wacky Washingtonians. :surprise:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled ammo can discussion.... I have 2-3 cans from the recent purchase that I could part with, if someone needs a couple. K7-wave already took a couple, as I didn't really need 10 at present.

Edited by hydnsek